G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Parkway Infiniti: Dealer messed up my wheels. (GRR!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Keep us updated.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Get a lawyer. Thats the only way they'll listen. Find a local lawyer and take a visit to the dealership with him. It may become a somewhat lengthy process, but in the end you will receive what you want. This is negligence on part by your dealership. Trust me, this is the best way.

Last edited by chilibowl; 07-12-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:41 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
that sucks bro. don't give up, get a lawyer, do whatever it takes. Don't let them get away with it.

Worse case? You're a 'kid' you say, i'm assuming you're in HS/College....got anything to do saturday afternoons? If you don't, go onto the public area of property near their lot (like a sidewalk, or the easement) and hold up GIANT signs and protest, they can't do ****. Had a friend that threatened to do it w/ a Honda dealership after they f/ed him over and they eventually made a deal. I also know someone that did it to a Best Buy store after they broke his TV.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw a guy driving a ford truck the other day with a magnetic signs on the sides and back that said such and such dealership sold me this lemon.....talk about a way to get attention.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Talon32
I saw a guy driving a ford truck the other day with a magnetic signs on the sides and back that said such and such dealership sold me this lemon.....talk about a way to get attention.
Speaking of which that gives me a good idea for next time I have to go to the dealer... I remember seeing magnetic ink-jet sheets at frys... Maybe I'll buy a pack, and print out, "DO NOT WASH!!!"... Then put one on the hood, one on each door, and one on the trunk.

(I'm still annoyed at the dealer for washing the car, despite it saying "DO NOT WASH" on the work order... They put swirl marks on every g'dam panel of my car... Including several long (and deep) jagged SCRATCHES that look like came from a bracelet or something.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Old 07-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Update: I got an invoice in the mail from the dealership today. I haven't been there in 3 weeks.

Here is what it says:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
01 CUSTOMER REQS INSP WHEEL DAMAGE (SPOTTING)
SPOTTED WHEELS UNABLE TO REFINISH TO CUST STANDARDS
NO CORRECTION, SERV MANAGE DECLINED REPLACEMENT OF WHEELS.

FOR ANY QUESTIONS/CONCERNS PLEASE CONTACT THE SERVICE MANAGER
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess they are trying to tell me that they are finished with my questions, end of discussion? WTF?

When the service manager called me, he basically stated that they won't replace my wheels, especially since they're used, and the damage is minimal. The best they can do is have their wheel shop refinish the wheels and have them reshoot the wheels with clear coat without even taking the wheels apart. They basically gave me a "take it or leave it" situation.

But in any case, I'll have my mother come with me ( ) on monday to talk to the manager. She's good at yelling at people. Hopefully they do the right thing and fix my wheels to the same condition as I left them.

Wish me luck!

Old 07-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Parkway Infiniti....downtown Valencia.

What time are you going to be there? I'll meet you there, I'm great at
getting done what's "Right!" You should try to get them to agree to have
that N.Hollywood wheel company fix the wheels or maybe have the lips
chromed.....for some extra bling. HAHA

Old 07-15-2007, 08:20 PM
SEC > Big 12
Just curious how old are you? I'd just get a lawyer and go with him/her down there or have them just send a letter, often times that is good enough. As you said before, basically the only solution is to completely replace them since they can not be properly fixed and I think a lawyer is the best way to get that done, but if your mom can get it done for ya even better.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:19 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
What time are you going to be there? I'll meet you there, I'm great at
getting done what's "Right!" You should try to get them to agree to have
that N.Hollywood wheel company fix the wheels or maybe have the lips
chromed.....for some extra bling. HAHA
I actually would rather keep the money instead of getting the wheels repolished. Volk wheels don't actually have "high polish" lips, but anodized. If I get them repolished, they're wayy tooo shiny for my taste. I'm going there tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

Originally Posted by kernel843
Just curious how old are you? I'd just get a lawyer and go with him/her down there or have them just send a letter, often times that is good enough. As you said before, basically the only solution is to completely replace them since they can not be properly fixed and I think a lawyer is the best way to get that done, but if your mom can get it done for ya even better.
I'm 21 years old, turning 22 in 3 weeks. If the problem is still not resolved, we'll probably have to go through small claims court. By the way, do you know if the Better Business Bureau can do anything?

I think the problem is that I've been too nice to them. That ends tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited by vstypicals; 07-16-2007 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by verbal assassin
please post some pics of the damage wheels.....

i find it hard to believe anodized wheels can be stained by a degreaser...

i do know that it sucks that the dealership F'd up ur car... Because Costa Mesa Infinti did the same to me... In return, my fender had to get a new paint job and the clear coat is now starting to crack on the upper area where it meets the pillar... im taking my car back to get that fixed.

also my new headlights are pushed in way too deep on the passenger side..

believe it! You cannot use certian wheel cleaners on anodized surfaces, it will ruin them

Old 07-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Parkway Infiniti..........

So, I was at Parkway Infiniti this morning....where were you? I stopped in
this A.M. with a question about tred depth on a lease turn in for my son-
in-law. Looked and didn't see your black G anywhere.....Good Luck with
this! I saw a set of GT-C's just like mine on a NSX that had been polished
and they looked amazing. That was one of the reasons I went with my
wheels.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by vstypicals
By the way, do you know if the Better Business Bureau can do anything?
I said it earlier, you need to contact the California Bureau of Auto Repair (B.A.R)

http://www.autorepair.ca.gov/stdhome.asp

The BBB can do nothing for you, they are just a mediator and a crappy one at that.

If the BAR case does not go in your favor, you can file in small claims court, however, you can NOT have an attorney present with you in court. Bring your receipts and pictures to court to show the judge the damage. An attorney in this type of case would be a waste of money.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. get a statement from the repair guy that says the wheels wont be fixed back to how they wree
2. write exactly what the svc mgr tells you he'll do, comment in return what's acceptable and whats not, and why you have a problem with his offer
3. give him the chance to make it right. tell him and show him what you have. ask to speak to his boss. explain the same situation. if his boss declines, then tell them you're going to small claims over this disagreement and ask if his decision is that of the dealership or if there's anyone else you can speak with.

If he says that's final, go to #4. if he points out someone else, repeat #3.

#4 file a claim in small claims court.
its actually pretty straightforward in most states and lawyers are not allowed to be present. if you have the pre-inspection docs showing wheels were in good condition (or any other proof) and post inspection docs/pics/etc this will be needed come hearing time. also the docs above will help you out a lot because it summarizes your case.

once they are served (=marshals give them notice they're being sued and MUST appear in court) they will likely try to settle it with you- dealerships make tons of cash and this is trivial, they dont want to go to court and waste time- esp since theyll likely lose assuming you have as strong of a case as it appears.

or they may just say f#ck it and go to court, and that's ok too. dont worry about being young - small claims does not allow lawyers, etc and it is not trial like. all you do is dress well, be very polite, and explain to the judge what the problem is, what you've tried to do to resolve it- forcing you there, and what you want. the judge may ask them their side/why they didnt settle or if they tried/etc... and you may be asked extra questions. then the judge will render a verdict which, if its in your favor, can be used to destroy their credit (both as a businesses and their credit with the community) if they dont want to pay...assets can be taken in some cases but in all probability theyll pay.

honestly that's what i'd do, assuming the wheels cant be repaired and the damage is extensive - but that means you'll need to find another dealer to get stuff done at...

if you can repair the wheels on your own, and it wouldnt be expensive i wouldnt do the above and would instead harass the dealer as much as possible, write letters, etc.. to make others aware of their business practices... and then take the loss if its not big; court can take time and there are fees (albeit small) associated...

Last edited by tekknikal; 07-16-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:16 PM
SEC > Big 12
Tekknikal offers some great advice here. That lett and er they sent you though seems makes it seem like they're done though, but I'd give them 1 more chance. If you really want to make a point of it, fill out the small claims court papers and BAR papers, take copies with you to the dealer and show them you're ready to get serious (dont hand over the copies tho, just let them know you're ready). If that doesn't work, file them that same afternoon and I'd make it clear to them that you're ready to take serious action.

Keep us posted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Parkway Infiniti: Dealer messed up my wheels. (GRR!)