G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Bose Audio Quality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose Audio Quality

Inquiring minds would like to know if the quality of the BOSE system is acceptable. There is a current problem on the 350z with regards to the quality of the BOSE/Clarion system. Nissan has not been able to fix the problem (search www.my350zcom for info).

So to those who have the BOSE system, are you satisfied?

Mike.

"I am currently out of my mind, so please leave a message after the beep......beeeeeeep!"

Old 02-10-2003, 01:07 PM
Re: Bose Audio Quality

For a stock stereo system, it is more than adequate.

If you're a bit of an audiophile who spends or has spent more than $1k on car audio equipment, you might find it lacking. If you don't fit that mold, then it does the job just nicely.

This system is bass heavy, however the bass could stand to be tightened up some for a cleaner bass note. The mids need to be brought out more too. You can bring out the highs by adjusting the treble setting.

But overall, I'm really happy with it. I haven't sat in a car whose stock stereo system sounds better yet.

G35c 6MT/BS/G/Prem/Aero/Nav

Old 02-10-2003, 01:13 PM

Thanks for the info.

When shopping for the 350z, I decided that I would not want the BOSE system because of the problems. Also I could custom a system to m y needs. The fortunate this is that the Z allows for owners to replace factory parts easier than the G35c. This is mainly due to the dash face that covers the the center console.

i have only heard the BOSE system in my shopping around for G35's and you are right it is a little lacking, but it is not too bad.

Thanks again

Mike.

"I am currently out of my mind, so please leave a message after the beep......beeeeeeep!"

Old 02-10-2003, 02:25 PM

I agree, for a stock system it is pretty good. I have it b/c I wanted the premium package for the dual zone climate, sunroof heated seats, and homlink. I don't know what the base sound system sounds like, but that's a moot point for most b/c you have to special order or be really lucky to find an existing car without the premium package. I'm not that patient, and if I was, I would have waited until I had $145,000 and bought a 911 turbo!

I listen to several different types of music and it does a great job with the typical "rock n' roll" CD's or over the air broadcasts, but if you get into a CD that spans the entire bandwidth a little more (say Radiohead, Coldplay, or some Yo Yo Ma for example) then you will wish you had a "cleaner" or "more detailed" sound. I don't have any tapes, so I don't know how well they sound.

I have seen some other posts on here where people really hate the Bose (i.e. - Bose blows), but it's not THAT bad. If you want to do a custom job, be prepared for an expensive install. It seems like Bose works with the manufacturers to create obscure speaker sizes 2" x 6" for example is what I remember being in the rear sides and the head unit and buttons are far from being easily replaced. I have thought more than once about changing out the speakers, but it leaves me wondering - what if it's the amp that sucks, what if the head unit is not delivering a clean sound and I just end up saying WFT, leave it alone!

JN

JN
Carribean Blue Coupe
5A/T, Leather, Premium Pack, Tint

Old 02-10-2003, 04:48 PM

no problem, and good luck with your upgrades if you decide to go that route. =)

G35c 6MT/BS/G/Prem/Aero/Nav