G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Hazards not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Hazards not working

So I discovered my hazard button doesn't work. My turn signals still work fine, but I get no flashing when I push the hazard button. I've checked all the possible fuses, and I popped the center console to check if the connector had fallen out, but its not either one of those. I'm puzzled now, and wanted to see if there was something obvious I may have missed before I take it to the dealership. TIA

PS: Mods, didn't know exactly where this thread should fit, so I defaulted to the coupe section. Don't stone me too badly if its not supposed to be here

Old 08-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Perhaps there is a relay somewhere that may be loose?

Old 08-06-2007, 08:09 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
I was gonna say sound like may be a bad relay

Old 08-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
service manual says either a bad switch or a bad BCM, IF turn signals work, but not when hazzard swith is selected. IF U have a multimeter, U can check switch between terminal 1&2, continuity with switch on, open when switch is off. U can verify bad BCM with a meter too.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
i had my flashers just come on randomly the other day and no matter what i did they stayed on.. I started with checking a ll my fuses then pulling the switch.. nothing made it stopped except for sometimes when i pushed clutch in they would hyper blink or stop for a second.. so i took it to my buddies shop and grabbed his modis scanner.. i scanned for bcm codes and got 1708,1709,1710,and 1711.. cleared the codes and still had my hazards flashing.. so i traced the hazard wire to the bcm itself.. i found the wire and when i touched it it made them stopped.. figured it was loose wire for sure so i tighten it as much as i could, but it did come back as soon as i hit a bump.. so i played with the connection plug to the bcm itself, now my hazards have stopped flashing but dont work at all and my tpms light should be on and is no longer on... also from jumping my car off, my fuel gauge is messed up stuck under the needle

im thinkin i need a new bcm

Old 10-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
my tails areint working , maybe a fuse or relay.. i dunno im a noob, dropped off car to get it checked out

Old 05-07-2018, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hazard lights turn on randomly

Originally Posted by crashnburn
i had my flashers just come on randomly the other day and no matter what i did they stayed on.. I started with checking a ll my fuses then pulling the switch.. nothing made it stopped except for sometimes when i pushed clutch in they would hyper blink or stop for a second.. so i took it to my buddies shop and grabbed his modis scanner.. i scanned for bcm codes and got 1708,1709,1710,and 1711.. cleared the codes and still had my hazards flashing.. so i traced the hazard wire to the bcm itself.. i found the wire and when i touched it it made them stopped.. figured it was loose wire for sure so i tighten it as much as i could, but it did come back as soon as i hit a bump.. so i played with the connection plug to the bcm itself, now my hazards have stopped flashing but dont work at all and my tpms light should be on and is no longer on... also from jumping my car off, my fuel gauge is messed up stuck under the needle

im thinkin i need a new bcm
so I had this same issue with my 06 sedan- I pulled the plastics off of the lower steering column as well as the vdc,trunk release and the interior light switch to gain full access to the wiring- easy place to start. Jiggled all the wires in there till I got the flashers to start and they did. Traced it to the bulkhead connector right behind where the vdc and the other two switches are. A bad connection at the top of the bulk head is what is causing this or a wire rubbing there. I’m in the middle of fixing it but seen nobody had an answer for why this was happening other than a guess that the switch or bcm was bad.