G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler

Just wanted to let all of you that were so helpful w/ your suggestions that the problem," aftemarket spoiler and leaky trunk", has been resolved. On a whim, I went to the Herb Chambers site and sent an e-mail to "Contact Us". I think I gave them more contact than they were looking for. The following day, the Sales Mgr. who had not been responding to my husband's calls called him at work. He said," I was given your wife's email. So, now we're taking the gloves off. What do you want?" My husband told him we wanted a new trunk lid and and Infiniti spoiler. He said that it didn't say anywhere that we were getting an Infiniti spoiler and we hadn't paid for one. My husband said that it didn't say anywhere that we weren't getting an Infiniti spoiler. Additionally, we had paid $500.00 for the spoiler and InSkip Motors (who didn't even sell us the car) was willing to replace it for that amt. My husband told him they had already been adequately paid. "Replace the lid and spoiler." He finally agreed, but refused to allow us to have it done locally. The car went to Boston from RI for two weeks. The Service Mgr. was great. They did a great job. Gave us a Sedan for the period. We had asked to have a mud flap replaced because we had somehow broken it. They forgot to put it on. My husband went to pick up the car, and it wasn't on. The S.Mgr. said that they would deliver the car to us the following day. Not only did they deliver it, they replaced all four flaps because they didn't like the way the two in the front were put on. Bottom line: Herb Chambers in MA came through, the Sales Mgr. should get his butt canned, and buyer beware. We shouldn't have assumed that because we were buying an Infiniti that they would be putting on an Infiniti spoiler. Also, if you have any problems with your "Infiniti", don't call Infiniti corporate. Their response is, "It was fine when it left us." It's a dealer problem. Also, if you have AAA, don't drop it because you have Roadside Assistance. I waited five hours for them. Luckily, the car was in my driveway, and I wasn't going anywhere. I spoke to them about eight times. They kept saying that they couldn't find anyone to service the car and asking if I was safe. I told them I was as safe as I had been five hours earlier. Finally, told them to forget it. Called AAA. Fifteen minutes later they were there.
Later guys.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by lamrnd03 on 01/28/04 12:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 01-28-2004, 12:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Spoiler

great, glad everything worked out and your persistance paid off.

Infiniti needs to take note and get a handle on the obvious warranty problems with dealer added items.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 01-28-2004, 02:08 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice to finally see closure on that issue.
I agree with Redwillow, that Infiniti needs to take a closer look at some of it's dealerships. The way that one treated you was absurd.
Happy G'ing with your new wing and trunk lid.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 01-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How can Infiniti take a closer look at its dealerships when its dealerships are giving themselves 5 star ratings when they fill out their own surveys which we gladly seem to trade for a few oil change coupons???

'04 G coupe TB Graph 5A (all options except NAV).
No Mods.....yet

"Hello Everybody...My name is Black and I am a G-oholic."