G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Driver Window Noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver Window Noise

I have a 06 G35 bought it brand new in 07 and i have a rattaling sound coming from my driver window when i hit bumps. has anyone ever had this problem and how did you go about fixing the prolem? it realy starts to get irritating after a while. any feed back would help thanks guys

Old 08-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you sure it's from the window?

My G has noises coming from the sunroof area and sometimes the window. A week ago, the dealership said my rear axle bolt was loose and they had to tighten it up. That got rid of most of the popping noise.

The sunroof still cracks. I don't think there is anything they could do about this because if they could, they would have fixed it when they had my car for 3 days.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This seems to be a very common problem and Infiniti has no idea how to fix it. First my window motor was replaced, it was fixed. 2 months later same problem, I am now on window motor #3 and I simply gave up, it wasn't worth giving up my car for 1-2 days just to expect the noise to come back.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
DHCrocks sent me the following writeup on how to fix the noise.
I haven't tried it yet as it's been WAY too hot here in Arizona lately for me to be messing around outside with my car. Maybe in a couple of weeks. I also want to use some kind of sound deadening material (Dynamat) on the inside of the doors too to quiet the ride down a bit and have the doors give a more solid thump when they close. Props to him for taking the time to write this down for me, I hope it helps.

1. remove door panel.
a) remove screw at door open pull.
b) remove door handle trim, pry silver plastic trim piece from lower side
with a screw driver. There's a small notch for the screw driver blade to
fit in. remove the two screws behind this cover.
c) lift window switch plate up from the front edge it just pops off.
unplug wire harness.
d) pull door panel off, clips hold it on, start from the lower edge.
e) remove door lock and handle rods from the levers.
f) unplug courtesy sight at bottom of door.

2. remove inner door skin, this is the metal plate that is held on by a bunch of bolts. This will gain you access to the track bolts. I'm not positive but you may be able to get to them without removing this plate. I have sound deadener applied to the door so it hides all the holes so I couldn't see it. But I'm pretty sure there are holes covered by tape where the window bolts can be accessed.

3. plug window switch back in and raise/lower the window till you can see the lower track bracket. There is two 10mm bolts holding the window to the track. The bolts look like they are attached to a plastic piece on the lowed edge of the glass. My front bolt was loose and causing the window to rattle and also not close completely flush, so wind noise occurred at high speeds. It's a good idea to close the door and check from the outside if the window is in alignment. you might need to loosen the bolt and re position the window a few times before you get it right.