G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Injen Exhaust Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Injen Exhaust Installed

Looking at the Injen, how could you install the primary or mid pipes backwards? The rear (mufllers and tips) are a no brainer. From there you have the mid pipes which pretty much can only go one way, thanks to what seems to be a slight angle on the mid to primary pipe connection on of the pipes and the location of the hangers. From there the primary's will only line up with either or side, so you really can't go wrong with this system.

Just curious...

Ohh and about the Hood and Trunk, contact Bryant at TRT 646-533-1143. I already let him know you're intersted and whatnot, so when you call, simply mention Jon with the black G35 and he'll know what it's all about.

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 02-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrad on the new Injen Exhaust, it looks awsome!!!!
I guess they don't make the flared tip style anymore, the flared tip looks bigger then the streight tip...

<font color=white>Pearl Ivory</font color=white> G35 Coupe 6MT Prem/SplashG/BSM, <font color=red>Injen CAI</font color=red>, <font color=red>Injen Super SES</font color=red>

Old 02-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

UPDATE!!! I am officially a dumbass!! First I install the MAF backwards with the CAI. Now i managed to install the mid pipes backwards. Things fit a LOT better now and I'm MUCH HAPPIER
The Gap is fixed as well!!

Old 02-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, It looks a lot better than before. Could you post up some videos and/or sound clips of the exhaust?

Thanks.

Btw, where did you get your exhaust and for how much? Thanks.

Twilight Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Premium - Nav - Aero - Trunk Mat
Injen CAI

Old 02-02-2004, 07:47 PM

lol yah, it definitely looks a lot better. now i just need to hear the sound clips and this may be my next purchase.

Old 02-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Sound Clips will be up tommorow. Sorry for the delay. I purchased mine through the my350z.com hated www.i-m-racing.com Service was great through them and they offer free shipping as well for this exhaust. Best Deal I could find online

Old 02-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

You really hacked it huh... It's all good b0hr! The system looks HOT! Very cool! Two thumbs up bro! When I was shopping for exhaust systems, I looked into getting the straight tip Injen system (don't care too much for the flared tip system), but no one had any in stock, and no one could give me a solid answer on when they'll be gettng them in. That's when I began to look into the Fujitusbo system and after hearing one on a friends Z, I was sold! I'm still very curious as to how the Injen system sounds!

When you do post your sound clip, give it to use from start up, to idle, to mid and 3/4 throttle. If you can a drive by clup would also be great! I'm working on a website with all G35 sound / video clips myself. I would love to post yours...

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 02-03-2004, 07:11 PM

ooOOOoo Man I'm sorry but I just like how the fit and finish is on the Fujitsubo. DUC how much did you pay for it and from where? Did you have to by the Y pipe separately as stated above? How is the loudness of the sound. I listened to your sound clip a while back and really like the sound, but how loud is it? Ricey loud or what? PM if you don't want to post the price here. Thanks dude.

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 02-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

I paid $850 with shipping from Gruppe-S. It didnt come with the Y-Pipe, but a friend of mine with a Z bought a Nismo system and ended up not installing it on his leased Z, so what I did was take the Y-Pipe from the kit, which is the same as the Fujisubo Y-Pipe and installed it on my car. I then resold the Nismo kit without the Y-Pipe. My friend had paid $900 for the system, I got it from him for $800, and I resold it for $650, so the Y-Pipe ended up costing me $150, which is better than spending $400 to $450 as that's what many are selling it for.

The sound is much deeper in tone than the stock system. It rumbles at low rpms, while keeping the high-end gurgle, all without any resonance to the interior of the car, which amazed me! The sound is not "tin-can" like or "raspy" in ways. If you're looking for that, this is not your system. It has more of an exotic V8 sound than your typical Japanese V6. It's very complementing!

I'm very happy with the system! Like you said the fit and finish is amazing! It fit perfectly and everything lined right up! I also prefer the way the full axle back systems fill in the coupes rear end, vs the twin left and right can systems that leave the center empty and give the car a "raised look".

Old 02-04-2004, 02:10 AM

One more quick question DUC. I know this is lame but do you think that the Twin Canister systems like the INJEN could offer a slight edge over the FUJITSUBO system with the inverted mufflers because of the reduction of exhaust velocity? What I mean is do think the exhaust velocity would be faster on the INJEN system because of it's straighter design as compared the FUJI? I know both are mandrel bent but could the smaller amount of pipe and less bends create a performance increase or do think it would be marginal? Thanks man. Peace.

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 02-04-2004, 02:22 AM
Premier Dough Slapper

Exhaust Velocity is a term more often used with engines cranking out twice as much power as our G's, but yes, the straighter the design, the better it can perform, but this is where the "exhaust tunning" aspect of the mod comes into play. Pipe diameter, mandrel bends, canister material, and or interior chambers, all factor into essential power gains or even losses.

What I like about the Injen is that it's a TRUE dual exhaust system, and in high HP applications, this type of system where each side of the engine bank has its own "system" has always yeilded better results than two into one setup, like the Fujitsubo. The two into one design, have shown to be more response in the low to mid end arena, and this is usually a direct result of the better control of back pressure.

So both systems have their pros and cons, but once again on a naturally aspirated G, the gains are going to be very marginal, if any. If I were to slap on a Supercharger, I may just go dual myself...

Old 02-05-2004, 12:39 AM

I recently purchased the Fujitsubo exhaust and agree with Ducatiguy's comments on the sound. It's not too loud and ricey. My ideal sound...kinda deep and a bit louder over stock. However, I'm not too thrilled with the tips. It's cleanly cut and thin and a tad too big for my tastes. I sort of like the tips on the Injen. I like having thicker metal tips in case that I bottom out, it wouldn't bend. Other than that, sound is amazing!

Black on Black 5AT Coupe, Navi
19" Axis Se7en Mods
Fujitsubo Exhaust
350Z Duct
Stillen Hi Flow
7 Wire Hypergrounding Kit

Old 02-18-2004, 12:40 PM

good info on this thread.

04 G35C/Z-T/JWT/Tein S/Volks GT-7/CC