G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Factory warranty coverage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 03:51 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by sevret.t
My brother has one, if i want a bmw i'll drive his and i dont smoke, i usually keep quarters in there and all my other loose change in the cupholder... its the fact of having a car that isnt broken, this is my first newer car and im making payments on my own, over half my paycheck goes to the payment and the rest goes to my insurance.. i still have another 700 or so from my other paycheck but 615 dollars a month + fixing the things that were already broken sucks *****.. but i didnt make this thread to argue with anyone so back to my subject of interest. i also was wondering if i take my car to be fixed would i have to pay labor or is that all free as well??
if its covered labor is free whats not you will have to pay labor as well

labor is where they rape you

Old 10-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not really cause that doesnt take away from the usability of your car.. if my ash tray and rear cupholder are broken they arent usable.. if you curbcheck your rim you can still use it, no harm done.. if people get away with getting a new tranny due to driver skill or lack there of then how come i cant get my rear cupholder/ashtray replaced? i mean seriously thats pretty much a rip off if i have a warranty and it doesnt replace anything that breaks.. i know the bmw warranty will cover ANYTHING that happens to your car, no questions asked..
thats your fault for buying a broken car...most people check out a car before they purchase something esp if its used

Old 10-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g35rcr
you are an idiot, they wont cover things just because you cause a scene, and he bought it used without having it checked out, warranty doesnt cover breakage due to the driver
Actually your the idiot .... you simply accept what the bad infiniti dealerships tell you ....

Lets keep the tools in the tools box and not in the driver seat!

the fact is that I have broken a few items in my car and the dealer covered them. But I guess I just don't accept half assed craftmenship

Oh and BTW the kirkland infiniti dealer (washington state) has never given me greif about any warrenty work

ITS CALLED BUMPER TO BUMPER for a a reason.

READ your warrenty next time you intertool

Old 10-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Beebo
well those people must have been lucky i mest mine up first MT car i didnt get a new tranny for free i had to pay for it.

get a BMW then...
Then you are not very good at reading your warrenty and/or you just simply accept what people tell you ...

hey ... i have some prime property in the big easy that you might be interested in.

Dude seriously ... if you take an a$$ramming like that .... DO NOT buy a new house.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by phigmeta
Then you are not very good at reading your warrenty and/or you just simply accept what people tell you ...

hey ... i have some prime property in the big easy that you might be interested in.

Dude seriously ... if you take an a$$ramming like that .... DO NOT buy a new house.
you really are stupid, short of the dealer being a buddy with you because you gave them business in the past, they will not just replace items that were broken when you purchased a used car...you really should research things before you just shoot off crap. ive helped my local dealer catch people blaming their engines having issues when they were running nitrous or fi and trying to hide the fact. its people like you that make the warranty process a hassle for people who have real issues.

Last edited by g35rcr; 10-01-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Cool Side Note..

Would the warranty cover the transmission slipping?

Mine isnt, yet... but its my first MT and i've already made mistakes.

The one that comes to my attention is when I put it half way into fourth and let go of the clutch it just zipped and I got it out immediately.. but now I notice a little more vibration in the shifter in fourth than before.

Don't they have to prove that it was user error and not mechanical? Any insight?

Old 10-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by phigmeta
Actually your the idiot .... you simply accept what the bad infiniti dealerships tell you ....

Lets keep the tools in the tools box and not in the driver seat!

the fact is that I have broken a few items in my car and the dealer covered them. But I guess I just don't accept half assed craftmenship

Oh and BTW the kirkland infiniti dealer (washington state) has never given me greif about any warrenty work

ITS CALLED BUMPER TO BUMPER for a a reason.

READ your warrenty next time you intertool
"You're," not "Your."
"tool box," not "tools box."
"craftsmanship," not "craftmenship."
"grief," not "greif."
"warranty," not "warrenty."
"a reason," not "a a reason."

Please at least learn to write and spell, before inflicting your idiocy on us!
It's very simple. If it's a manufacturing defect, it's covered. If you or the previous owner did something stupid and broke it, or it's just a wear item like worn brake pads or clutch, it's not.

Please read the warranty (not the warrenty), but I doubt you could.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
i HATE noobs...

iv read my warranty

Old 10-13-2007, 05:37 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
could anybody tell me what the factory warranty coverage is on the 05 infiniti g35x(mileage/years)?

cant seem to find this info anywhere.?

thanks.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:12 AM
Banned
next time, don't buy a car with broken parts... or don't bitch about it.. seeing you knowingly purchased a car with problems and expect the dealership to fixed it for you.

a new cup holder is how much? just pay for a new one.

rims as paint chipping? get it fixed yourself. no more then $60.

your ashtray is broken? just get a new one.

Problem solved.

My brother has one, if i want a bmw i'll drive his and i dont smoke, i usually keep quarters in there and all my other loose change in the cupholder... its the fact of having a car that isnt broken, this is my first newer car and im making payments on my own, over half my paycheck goes to the payment and the rest goes to my insurance.. i still have another 700 or so from my other paycheck but 615 dollars a month + fixing the things that were already broken sucks *****.. but i didnt make this thread to argue with anyone so back to my subject of interest. i also was wondering if i take my car to be fixed would i have to pay labor or is that all free as well??

Old 10-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how much did you pay for that G?

Old 10-16-2007, 06:11 PM
not really cause that doesnt take away from the usability of your car.. if my ash tray and rear cupholder are broken they arent usable.. if you curbcheck your rim you can still use it, no harm done.. if people get away with getting a new tranny due to driver skill or lack there of then how come i cant get my rear cupholder/ashtray replaced? i mean seriously thats pretty much a rip off if i have a warranty and it doesnt replace anything that breaks.. i know the bmw warranty will cover ANYTHING that happens to your car, no questions asked..
You realize that they increase the prices of their cars a little bit because of the warranty you are talking about? Basically they include the price of that comprehensive warranty in the price of the car? So you pay extra for it, that's why BMW has it

Old 10-17-2007, 03:51 AM
Hahaha...I highly doubt that!

Old 10-17-2007, 10:26 AM
1. no they wont cover the wheel, everything else yes... go back to them and you gotta come out aggressive (not physically) and if they dont wanna do it just be like i spoke with infiniti corp and the only thing warranty doesnt cover is breaks, tires, and clutch. but as far and your wheel question my friend has an sti and subaru offers wheel/tire insurance so then that covers it

Should these things be covered under the factory warranty? i have a couple things wrong with my g but they wont even take a look at it unless i pay them 100 bucks..

1. i have a small crack on the front passenger side rim, its on the spoke, not sure if its a crack in paint or going through to the rim...
2. the gas tank door lock broke so it wont lock when i lock doors
3. the ash tray cover was broken when i bought the car used
4. the rear cup holders are also broken when i bought car used
5. on my seat there are the 3 power seat buttons, the only one that works is the positioning for forwards and backwards
6. passenger seat the power seat option sometimes wont work
7. various other little things that should be covered under warranty as well..

Supposedly if it isnt a problem from the factory like if it was faulty wiring on the seats or something then its not under warranty.. they said if i broke it by accident or something they cant replace it.. from my understanding a warranty means no matter what if it breaks we will replace it???

Old 10-21-2007, 04:14 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
ive brought the 05 g35x on friday.!
love the car..... but there are minor problems to it. I think all these problems will be under warranty. Can you guys tell me if im wrong.

1. the rear passenger side mud-guard is not sticking to the rear bumper(the part where i guess double sided tape is used.).

2. The driver's seat-belt is not how it's suppose to be, compared to other seat-belts. The buckles' on the inner side of the belt when the belt is worn straight. I have to twist the belt 180degree every time. I hope you guys could understand this one.

3. Since the belt buckle isnt right, the seatbelt coloum (under the seatbelt pully/swith) is all damaged! The buckle is facing inside out and has caused alot of scratches on the coloum.!

4. There are two pinkish spots(1-2inches spots),one on the rear right bumper and one right next to the g35x emblem. not that noticable unless your really looking hard.
Im not sure about this one. but i hope this one would be covered.!

I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.
thanks.

Last edited by jin22gt; 10-21-2007 at 04:42 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Factory warranty coverage?