G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What lies beneath?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2004 | 11:02 AM
|
What lies beneath?

I was approaching my car when coming out of work, and I noticed something was sticking out underneath the car. My first thought was that it could possibly be a plastic bag or something that got caught, but to my surprise it's an extremely hard piece of white plastic. It's almost right in front of the left rear wheel.

Anyone have any clue what this could possibly be? I do not think it should be there and it looks like it's attached to something underneath the car. Of course I'm asking here before I bring it in to the dealership so they can look at it and scratch up my car.

Yeah, I know the underbody is dirty....

189773-100-0002_IMG.JPG

Old 02-15-2004 | 12:03 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Re: What lies beneath?

This is by no mean a professional opinion, but from looking at the picture, it looks like a foreign object that got stuck there. If it is a foreign object that does not belong there it could be stuck because it got stuck in contact with a hot part (not that I can think of any hot parts at the rear of the car - maybe the exhaust system), melted, and then cooled down and got "glued" to whatever part it was stuck against.
It's difficult to determine what this piece exactly is from the picture, but if that was me, and I would try to see if that part "belongs" there, and if not, try to yank it out of there. If you are not sure, then don't mess around with it, and take it to your dealer.

P.S.
Can you locate the same piece on the other side of the car?

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/C.Bra/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2004 | 12:43 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

if it is "glued" on, then you need to run your car hard, and then come back to your garage and it will peel right off! (dont use your hand- use 2x4)

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake

Old 02-15-2004 | 02:20 PM
|

I have no clue what it is, whether it's part of the car or not. I figured I'd get more responses. I tried with all my might to pull it off, but couldn't.

Old 02-15-2004 | 03:26 PM

looks like a head of a swan..

Old 02-15-2004 | 04:26 PM
|

Well, I'll find out what it is soon enough.

Now, I have another question. What's the best way to go about cleaning the inside of the engine and the undercarriage of the car? I've never cleaned under the car, but I've never had such a nice car either. Any info would be appreciated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.