G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Auto Shutoff headlights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2004 | 11:21 AM
|
Auto Shutoff headlights?

Hey, i believe my dealer told me that the 6MT had auto shutoff lights if you forget to turn them off, but i can't find it in the manual. Does anyone know anything about this? Have your tried it? Thanx.

Old 02-16-2004 | 11:24 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Re: Auto Shutoff headlights?

Does it have auto-on lights? It's not a tranny package, it's a premium/non-premium thing. I could be wrong, though, as I'd just assumed this. My lights go off after about 5 min if I leave them "on" on, not just on auto-on. Of course, you'd have to be deaf to not realize you'd left your lights on when you open your door and hear the *beeeeeeeeeeep*. Just flick 'em off when you step out and hear that.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 02-16-2004 | 11:42 AM

You're right its part of the "premium" package.

My complaint is they are a little TOO sensitive. I'll drive under a bridge in the middle of the day and *poof* my lights turn on. It cant be good having them go offonoffonoffonoffon all day.

2004 Twilight Blue Coupe
6 spd
Premium Package
Aero Package

Old 02-16-2004 | 12:01 PM

The sensitivity can be adjusted, though. I had mine adjusted shortly after I bought it, which did help a lot. (There are 2 settings less sensitive and 1 more sensitive than default.)

But you're right, it's still better for the health of the lamps if you just switch 'em yourself. I rarely just leave mine on "Auto," at least not until the sun sets anyway.

<font color=blue>2003 G35 Coupe 6MT - diamond graphite / graphite leather - premium - nav</font color=blue>

Old 02-16-2004 | 01:03 PM
Administrator

I believe that all the Gs have a 'battery saver' type circuit that shuts off the lights after 5 minutes or so, but I may be wrong as I think all Canadian Gs also have the Auto headlights.

<font color=blue>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 02-16-2004 | 01:18 PM

I leave my lights on auto. and after 2-3 min they shut off. If you dont have them on auto they will shut off after 5min.

"Not all G35 owners are G35 Drivers"
2004 G35 Coupe 6MT-BS/BLK | Aero-Navi | Gounding Wires (Hidden by black conduit) | Clear Corners | 15% tinted windows | 350Z Tube | JWT PopCharger.....

Old 02-16-2004 | 04:49 PM

this topic has been discussed before, as everyone say when you leave it on "auto" the light will shut off 45 sec BUT not a good thing if you go into tunnels or small underpass, if you put this in "ON" and leave it there then this seems to be the solution BUT when you get home leave you car with the lights ON it will take about 5 min to shutoff(almost drained my battery once) I think sometimes its longer than 5 min. So this is what I did. I cover the round "sensor" located in the passenger dashboard area with a black electrical tape, I cut it round so its invisible to even notice it. The result, I have a running lights, no problem going under the tunnels, turn off the ignition and leave the car an on takes 45 sec for the auto shutoff to kick in..

Old 02-16-2004 | 05:54 PM

45 seconds for the AUTO lights to turn off when u leave the car. The dealer can actually change the delay to 30, 15, and 0 seconds i heard. For those who leave the lights ON... not on auto, but ON it is 5 minutes and the lights will turn off by itself to save the battery. I saw that in the manual. Trust me it's in the manual. Try the index and maybe Auto headlights or something.

Old 02-16-2004 | 07:55 PM
Administrator

I had mine adjusted to 30 seconds back in November 2002. It's listed in the BCM Customization Chart

<font color=blue>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 02-16-2004 | 09:42 PM

I like that black tape idea. Now I will leave my lights at OFF in the day. At night, when I turn them ON I can use the auto instead. This will prevent the flickering of the lights everytime I turn them off, which is a stupid design if you ask me.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 02-16-2004 | 11:03 PM

I was actually thinking what a great feature auto-on is. Got under the bridge, where it was dark, the lights came on. It's great if you ask me. You go into a tunnel, and they go on, come out of the tunnel, they go off. Pretty cool feature, I think. In the morning, just put it in the auto mode, and let the car decide if it's light enough outside to turn the lights on. I love the auto on-off feature.

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 02-17-2004 | 09:04 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the manual say that you are supposed to switch off the lights when you turn off the car wether you have the lights in auto or on?

Old 02-17-2004 | 11:03 AM

Does anyone know how to disable this feature? The unnecessary flashing each time you pass "auto on" will prematurely wear the xenon's.

2004 Coupe/DG/Graph/5AT/Premium/CB

Old 02-17-2004 | 09:31 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the manual say that you are supposed to switch off the lights when you turn off the car wether you have the lights in auto or on?

<hr></blockquote>

Nope, the manual doesn't say that. Well, at least mine doesn't say that on pages 2-18 and 2-19 where it discusses the auto lights. It says that if you leave it on auto, it will turn the headlights off 45 seconds after the last door is closed.

Dave

2004 DG/G 5AT Coupe with all options
Sidemarker turnsignal mod
2003 Yamaha YZF600R

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto Shutoff headlights?