G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

mod that could help quarter mile times

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mod that could help quarter mile times

in my max there was a sensor that if you unpluged it would make the car shift quicker and harder sometimes chrip second this is auto mind you it was located above the sturt tower in the years 95-99 you cant drive like that all the time so some guys put a switch that you would flip on before a race it took about .2 off 1/4 i dont remember what its called and i cant search on maxima.org cause you have to donate money in order to do so but maybe some other maxima owners out there remember what it was no one on the sedan forum knows

Old 02-16-2004, 03:28 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: mod that could help quarter mile times

You're probably referring to some sort of vac and or TPS (type) sensor you unplug, which in return directly effects the PWM Solenoid (Pulse Width Modulated) in the transmission, which to put it in simple terms, controls the amount of flow / fluid pressure in your transmission. By unplugging it you're in a sense forcing the transmission to work in a sort of "manual mode" which apparently holds the pressure as long as it can before a shift (since it does not have a signal telling it when to release it and or how much to adjust it), thus making your transmission shift hard and very snappy. This may sound like a good idea, but in the long run, you'll do more harm than good.

Some "street racers" think by doing this they can get their cars to run faster, but in actuality, the difference between shifts (in terms of pressure) can often be so great, you may in a sense actually be shifting slower from gear to gear, even though it may feel like you're banging those gears...

Don't do it! Don't kill your transmission! You don't even want to know what they would charge you for a rebuild! Oh and if you're saying, no worries, its warranted, from the second you unplug that sensor (which I will bet $$$ wont just happen on its own) the ECU will record that data and note it. So when you get your car to the dealership and one of the first things they'll id scan both the engines ECU and the trans, they see something was screwed around with. Then it becomes the old too familiar "I didn't do nothing" game....

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 02-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: mod that could help quarter mile times

thats exactly what i was talkin about i know it does some harm when you use it for a long time but it was tested lots of times by maxima drivers and people where knocking off .2-.4 off quarter miles but there was always a debut about much damage was caused by this no one every said though that it destroyed a transmission but thanx the guys on the sedan forum do not know much about anything