G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

*ATTENTION* BODYKIT FOR FREE!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 02:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry

this will be the WHOLE kit, its a 8 piece widebody kit. they would need ur car for 2-3 weeks and the place is located in beautiful OC.

Old 02-18-2004, 06:00 AM
Re: *ATTENTION* BODYKIT FOR FREE!!!!!!!

Does the person who conceptually designed this kit get any compensation for their unique, original design? Are there any concerns for this individual and their "ownership" of this body kit concept?

If I were the original "designer" I'd be stoked that someone is actually making one of my designs a reality, but at the same time, I'd be pissed because someone would potentially be profiting off of my hard work and unique conceptual qualities. Some companies pay good money for people with those types of layout/design talents. (I know because I am a mechanical design engineer).

I hope the individual who originally came up with this very interesting body kit is compensated financially in some way. If not, then "props" to you SIR for creating something that has been received so well.

FYI, I do not know this individual, nor have I ever corresponded with him/her, but something about this doesn't "feel right" to me. I don't know, maybe it's just gas from my wifes cooking

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR/Willow/Premium/Aero/Splash/BSM
30% Lumar Tint, Invinca Shield (C-Bra),
Z-Tube & JWT Pop Charger (being shipped)

Old 02-18-2004, 08:16 AM

Yeah, I'd like one too. How much though?

Old 02-18-2004, 11:11 AM

I live in the south bay. I'm interested. Sign me up! PM me so we can talk about the possibility of car shows and meets.

04' Coupe/Mid Blue/6spd/Prem/Nav/Injen CAI

Old 02-18-2004, 02:56 PM

neffster, the company is workin with the artist who worked on this project (could be illracer could be someone else, i dont know). whats not to feel right about it? i am not affilliated with the company, a close friend is building this kit, and i was just helpin him look for a car to prototype. i thought cuz of everyone's replys and comments of the concept kit were soo great, i figured i'd offer it up to the guys on the board.

Old 02-18-2004, 02:56 PM

neffster, the company is workin with the artist who worked on this project (could be illracer could be someone else, i dont know). whats not to feel right about it? i am not affilliated with the company, a close friend is building this kit, and i was just helpin him look for a car to prototype. i thought cuz of everyone's replys and comments of the concept kit were soo great, i figured i'd offer it up to the guys on the board.

Old 02-18-2004, 03:05 PM

If the guy who designed the kit is happy, I'm happy. Just seems that too often, in this world we live in, some "nice" person gets screwed and that doesn't sit well with me.
I'll go back to quietly chewing on aluminum now

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR/Willow/Premium/Aero/Splash/BSM
30% Lumar Tint, Invinca Shield (C-Bra),
Z-Tube & JWT Pop Charger (being shipped)

Old 02-18-2004, 06:03 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahhh Chewing on aluminum. Stop it man whats wrong with you. I just got that feeling, you know the one you get when you chew on aluminum....ughhh

Old 02-18-2004, 06:33 PM

kyeguy82 i am sure we are all up to see such a nice concept turn into a reality (the body kit). but what we are trying to say is that be sure to give iLLRacer (the creator of this concept) his share pay or the profit.

because after all he did design the thing (and i'm sure that plays a big role in creating a body kit). so as long as ur friend (whoz making this kit) contact iLLRacer and talk things over with him. We will have no complients

Old 02-19-2004, 03:44 AM

Hey guys thanks for the props for the design on the other thread. I'm the guy who did the rendering for the concept V35-GTR and I just heard this so I thought I'd register so I could respond. Basically that picture is just a rendering I did to try my hand at designing the next GT-R since the v35 chassis GT-R concept that came out not too long ago wasn’t cutting it for many people (although I do kinda like it :P). I put it up on AutomotiveForums.com and I guess it got crossposted to like 15 or so sites that I know of, probably more I don’t. I was in the middle of doing a rear design and a 'tuner version' just for the hell of it but got a little busy with work.. ie stay tuned :P

I sent an email to Mike (kyeguy82) just to get some of the details and find out whats up since this whole widebody kit deal kinda hit me out of the blue lol. Really thanks a lot Neffster and MiXeD for looking out about the intellectual property rights and rest assured I’d really like to see this kit which was supposed to be a concept go into production. I'm glad that you guys really liked it and I am pretty stoked that its getting turned into a kit. I know a lot of the difficult legwork is also working with molds to make sure it doesn’t come out looking crappy. Also as of right now I didn’t know about any of this and am not at all working with the company who is producing the kit as said above, but assuming we talk first I wouldn’t mind helping out in terms of further, more detailed design and renderings or adapting and adjusting the design to look good with otherwise stock G35 body panels and lines (aside from about the windshield and middle of the doors up it’s a pretty different car).

thanks,

-John
advancedWRX@hotmail.com

also someone on the other thread said they wanted to see black… a guy I know did this. Not exactly black but I think it looks even more badass. More like the Black steel mica color used on Mazdaspeed Protégés where it looks almost Gunmetal at night.

:P

Old 02-19-2004, 03:57 AM

i dont know who the artist was (i was assuming that it was illracer) but sorry for the wrong reference, but i believe i wrote that i wasn't sure if it was illracer or just someone else that tinkered with the design. i guess my friend who's makin the kit is workin with someone who took the drawing and actually put it to life (so sorry for the confusion once again).

Old 03-08-2004, 03:04 PM

****bump**** any update ???

Old 03-08-2004, 03:49 PM
G SQUAD

So which brave soul gets to lose their G for 2-3 weeks??

Old 03-08-2004, 04:58 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I told them I would give them mine but they never replied.

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 03-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

racer I have a black G, can you show us one in black or send me the PSD so I can convert it?

Thanks - Joey Avino

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *ATTENTION* BODYKIT FOR FREE!!!!!!!