G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Infiniti R racing line

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 04:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Infiniti R racing line

My dealer actually installed my aftermarket Springs. I really hope this R line is the real thing. I would be first in line for the chip.

G35C Blk, 6MT, Lthr, Aero, Prem,

Old 02-21-2004, 08:15 AM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What dealer was that? I wish my dealer was that understanding and willing to work with me. I'd drive a few hours to not get treated like a 3rd world citizen.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
PS2 and Headrest Monitors Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 10:00 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

Jesterev,

Since you mentioned Pepe Infiniti, I assume you are from the White Plains area (or somewhere in Westchester county). If I were you, I would take a 30 minute drive to Fairfield CT, to Devan Infiniti of Fairfield (Exit 19 on I-95) CT. I personally spoke with the service dept. manager at that dealership before I installed my grounding kit, and not only he didn't have any problems with that, he actually tried to sell me a grounding kit that they carry. I then asked him about other light modification i.e. Intake, Z-tube, Pop-Charger etc. and he said that he personally does not have a problem with that and that he currently has 4-5 customers with aftermarket intakes and that he had never had any problems with them. He then continued and said, and I quote: "Unless the I can prove that the part caused the damaged, I will have to honor the warranty". So again, if I were you, just take the drive to Devan Infiniti (if you want, call the service dept. and ask to talk to Bill (service mgr.)). Don't take that crap from you dealer. And if you don't want to take the drive to CT., then do like others here suggested: just remove the parts if a problem comes up....
Good luck.

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/Polk TW/C.Bra/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2004, 10:14 AM

"Oh yeh...they've been saying that NISMO and Infiniti R line would be out and keep delaying the release and its been a mess. I wouldn't count on that 10 month mark..."

NISMO parts have been out for several months. I bought some of mine last October.

Old 02-21-2004, 10:39 AM

I hate to be the messenger of bad news, but the R tune stuff isn't going to happen. :-(

Justin McClanahan
Heavily Modified 95 Infiniti G20
Working on a G35 Project Coupe
EverythingG35.com

Old 02-21-2004, 11:57 AM

"I hate to be the messenger of bad news, but the R tune stuff isn't going to happen. "

I just love it when somebody posts a negative statement with nothing to back it up. Come on man share with us why you feel that way?

Old 02-21-2004, 12:09 PM

you can get all the stuff that was called "infiniti R line" froma nisan dealer so thats not realy a big deal. Just go to a nissan dealer and ask for parts for the Sklyline coupe

as far as a chip being made to bumb HP up to 310 well that is the biggest lie i have ever herd. pure propiganda. There have been at least 5 different threads about this. Now can gain that much power if u were to do some sort of other modification but from an already extremly well tuned NA V6 dont expect more then 10 HP from an ECU. you are better off going with the techno square ECU.

<a href="mailto:Carlos3186@hotmail....otmail.com</a>

Old 02-21-2004, 12:18 PM

I've spoken with people at both Infiniti (Corporate) and Nissan Motorsports and heard the bad news from them. I really don't know all the details, and there was even some part information in our parts catalog for a little while too, but I've heard since then, that it's not going to happen. :-(

Justin McClanahan
EverythingG35.com

Old 02-21-2004, 03:11 PM

Thanks!

Old 02-21-2004, 04:59 PM

Hey Justinp10..........if u dont mind, what numbers did u call to find out this information. Because i would like to call up and ask them myself, just to confirm what you are saying in case anything has changed in the past few months....thanks.

Old 02-21-2004, 08:41 PM

The last person I spoke with was at Nissan Motorsports (US division over in California) on Friday afternoon and got this information. I don't know the number off the top of my head and I'm at home now so i don't have it in my outlook contacts, but it shouldn't be too terribly difficult to find.

Justin McClanahan
EverythingG35.com

Old 02-21-2004, 09:45 PM

Folks, the federal law is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (1975). It applies to written ("expressed") warranties; and, can be applied in conjunction (in appropriate cases) with state laws that provide protections addressing "implied" warranties in regard to merchantability and fitness. This would be a matter for the civil courts. Essentially, the burden of proof is upon the dealer and/or manufacturer to provide a preponderance of admissible evidence that your modifications are directly responsible for the failure of a warrantied component. For more info vist www.mlmlaw.com .

Old 02-21-2004, 10:09 PM

man I want that nismo ECU

2003 G35 Coupe 6mt Diamond Graphite
AIM= bkchang79

Old 02-21-2004, 10:11 PM

Ironmike, i appriciate your information but i already have in my possession the full (19 page) Magnuson-moss warranty act. I know this should be enough to sway the dealer in my, and my fellow G brothers and sisters favors but, if the dealer doesnt want to service my car because of an upgrade i made, they wont. I am a 20 year old full time student and also work. Needless to say, i dont have the time to prepare or get involved in a lawsuit just because i want a different air filter and intake. So if i can find another dealer that will service my car like the one mentioned above located in fairfiled CT, then that would be great!! But like i said, i do appriciate your effort and information on the MM warranty act. Thank you for your contribution.

Old 02-21-2004, 10:15 PM

BKchang79, i was not aware that Nismo had manufactured an ECU upgrade for the g35...where di your hear this and can anyone else verify if this is true? Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti R racing line