G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

stupidity kills..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stupidity kills..

So I was trying to make a custom door light.. and I accidently touch two wires together and cooked my fuse.. well.. at least that what I thought it was. FOr the past 3 days I've been trying to look for the fuse.. I checked the one next to the clutch.. the one next to the battery and even the one behind the battery, nothing.. So I have a friend that owns a local shop check it out.. nothing again.. then he checked the computer system of the whole structure of my car.. he found out that all the interior lights(door light, dome light, key light) are all controlled by a BCM computer.. He said, the worst case.. I've cooked the BCM computer which is something that I've neve heard of yet it sounds like something that would burn a fat *** hole in my wallet...I just wanna comfirm with people on this website since this is the #1 website that I trust the most and the one website that I view every single day.. Does anyone ever heard anything about the BMC computer? Is it possible that I cooked the BCM computer? Anyone that ever had interior light issue, what was wrong? THanks guys.... all replies are appreciated..

Old 12-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Body control module is pretty pricey. I wouldnt' think that that would be the problem though. More than likely a fuse. I would double check it again

Old 12-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will need the service manual. Trace the wire in the diagrams back to the fuse and go look for the fuse in the car.