G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

First Service...questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Service...questions...

i just got my first (3750) service done at Pepe Infiniti...i found it pretty hard to believe that i got charged $85 for an oil change, is this wat you other G owners are paying? i always changed my own oil, so i never had to bring it in for service as i did all my own engine work as well...sure, they checked the windshield washer fluid too, but i refilled it rite b4 i brought the car in...after looking the receipt over, everything seemed right on par for the parts...then comes the labor, which was $55...so all in all their labor cost more than the parts, so i feel that if you have the ability to change your own oil, please do it cos $85 for an oil change is such a rip off when u can do it on yer own for under $30...another thing, they gave me a loaner car which was complete junk, an 04 I30, totally banged up and all...do any of you guys pay a gas fee for your loaner cars? they charge $5 mandatory gas fee, PLUS they mark off on the receipt a picture of a gas gauge on where u have to leave the gas level at(which happend to be exactly where it was when i received the car), so therefore, u get charged a gas fee and you have to refill the gas where they gave it to you... i swear these guys dont make any sense sometimes...
have any of you had the same experience at your dealerships or am i the only one dealing with this?

04 DG/G/6MT/Premium/Nav/Clear Bra
Bone Stock...to be continued...
"You kill mah brodah, now I kill you!" - some old kung-fu flick

Old 03-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: First Service...questions...

i think u're the only one dealing with that bs. u shuldn't have to pay the $55 labor fee.

Coupe 6-spd Twilight Blue/Black Premium

Old 03-06-2004, 09:11 PM
WRAH

Look up all that $hit they gave you when you bought the car. It clearly states what they should give you.

55 gas charge is BS!!!!

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murry
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash

Old 03-06-2004, 09:41 PM

My dealer doesn't give a loaner at all, unless it's for warranty work - an there is a mandatory "fuel charge" (because we don't want you to have to worry about refilling the gas tank) which is about 3x what I'd have to pay to fill it myself. Oil changes are only $34.99, but I just do it myself and save $20. I'll only take it to the dealer for warranty work - period. Anything I'm paying for, I 'll do myself or take to a reputable garage.

Old 03-06-2004, 09:51 PM

you got raped man...my first oil change was a complimentary and even if they charge it would've been $29.95 call up infiniti consumer affair..

Old 03-06-2004, 10:13 PM
Banned

I paid $40 incl tax. Had a loaner car with satellite radio for the entire day, and they washed the car. Competition Infiniti - Smithtown

04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
V1
Blizzaks
R splash Guards
35% Tint

Long Island, New York, USA

Old 03-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

My Oil changes are around $31.00. Thats after using the discount card they gave me....
I can get a loaner no problem, but I usually wait for just the oil changes...
I also never let them wash the car either, I figure the less people touch and move it the better my chance are of getting it back without any scratches/damage!! (I know it sound kind of paranoid)
As it is every time I get into the car after a service I almost always find a nice dirty scuff on my door sill and a finger print here and there on my door panel...
I know its a minor thing....but why can't they just be careful and respect the friggin cars....I feel like I spend money so I can get some extra work to clean up their mistakes...<font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/5at/prem/sport wheel pkg/clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 03-07-2004, 01:23 AM

That is such a rip-off.

I just had my first service at a dealership from which I did not purchase my car. The service consultant advised that normally the first oil change is free for individuals who purchase from the dealership, however he gave me a free one anyways. In addition, they washed the car before returning it to me. He also advised me that I would be receiving a survey in the mail regarding their service and if I hand delivered the survey back then I would be entitled to another free oil chage. BTW, the oil changes at this dealership are approximately $30.

Old 03-07-2004, 01:38 AM

How come you all have to pay for you oil changes? I get 2 year or 24,000 miles [which ever comes first] free oil changes when I bought my car. I thought that all Infiniti get this treatment since its from Infiniti and not the dealership. Go Figure!

Old 03-07-2004, 02:15 AM

hey to people who have used loaner cars when getting serviced. does ur dealer have a policy that you have to be at least 21 yrs old to borrow loaner car?

Old 03-07-2004, 08:09 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep...its actually considered a rental or something along those lines
It's probably due to insurance liabilities...but thats the case..
My son has his car serviced under one of those extended warranties, and they give him a loaner all the time....granted, its not an infiniti....but that shouldn't matter....

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 03-07-2004, 01:19 PM

thanks for your replies, i think i will be calling infiniti consumer affairs, does anyone have the number off hand?

04 DG/G/6MT/Premium/Nav/Clear Bra
Bone Stock...to be continued...
"You kill mah brodah, now I kill you!" - some old kung-fu flick

Old 03-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's more than twice the max you should pay for an oil change at the dealership. $30-40 is reasonable.

When I get a loaner for warranty service (technically, warranty service involving at least 2 hours of labor, if you read the fine print) it's free. My service advisor said they're supposed to mark the gas gauge and have you fill it up, but they're too understaffed to bother with it. I don't drive the loaners enough to make the gauge budge much, anyway. I can't get a loaner for an oil change. They have a fleet of I35's, G35's, and a couple of new FX35's that always seem to be out when I get a loaner. That $5 gas fee sounds like a ripoff too.

Yes, you have to be 21 to get the loaner car. Standard car rental insurance thing.

Try another dealership in your area.

Old 03-08-2004, 12:27 AM

here you go INFINITI CONSUMER AFFAIRS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.