G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Why do my breaks squeek?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do my breaks squeek?

Hi all I was wondering if you other coupe owners experienced squeeky brakes during the first 1500 miles on you coupe's because I just got my G on Valentines Day and ever since I hit 500 miles my car seems to squeek just about everytime I slow to a complete stop (even when not braking hard) and I just hit 1485 miles today so I want to know if you all think it's normal or I should take it in to the dealer because not only is it annoying but its' embarassing pulling up in my nice New G and having squeeky brakes WTF my lil 2003 honda Civic I had never ever squeeked?

Old 03-09-2004, 01:25 AM
Re: Why do my breaks squeek?

because you touch yourself at night...haha sorry, just had to bust out a family guy quote. my brakes squeek too...I got the brembos and htey do it right as you come to a stop. I think there isnt anything wrong, just something u gotta get used to.

Old 03-09-2004, 06:28 AM

Assuming you have a 6MT... A simple search of the Brembo web site yielded the following information...

bedding

<font color=blue>Should new discs and pads be bedded in and if so, how? </font color=blue>
The answer is yes, for optimum performance, any time different friction materials or discs are introduced, a bedding procedure should be carried out.
While the vehicle is stationary, pump brakes to ensure a firm pedal.
Drive the vehicle cautiously to test fit and function.
The brakes should be smooth, with no vibrations, judder, etc.
Drive the vehicle to a remote area and perform at least 30 brake applications of 3-second duration. Use light/medium deceleration with varying starting speeds. Leave at least ½ mile between each brake application.
The purpose of this procedure is to gradually increase the temperature in the components without inducing thermal shock, and to mate the brake pad and disc friction surfaces.
After the repeated stops, drive the vehicle for several miles with little or no braking in order to adequately cool the components.
After the above process is completed, the system is ready for normal use.
When the system achieves elevated brake temperatures for the first time, a slight increase in pedal travel and pedal effort may occur. After this first "fade" and proper cooling, the system will maintain its optimum performance at all temperatures.

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger
RT Cats & JIC Y-Pipe(on order)

Old 03-09-2004, 10:17 AM

Yeah, you probably glazed the pads by not breaking them in properly. They'll squeak until you replace them.

'04 G35 Coupe DG/G/5AT/Leather/Premium. Now if I can just stop staring at the darn thing and get on with my life!

Old 03-09-2004, 10:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes a couple of good, hard stops will scrub dust off of them and stop them from squeeling for awhile.

Old 03-09-2004, 11:10 AM

I have the identical problem....I was thinking about going to a parking lot and slamming the brakes a few times, in hopes of getting rid of the noise. Oh well, I know better for my next set of brakes.

2003.5 G Coupe premium. 6MT Black/black No navigation. No spoiler, yet.

Old 03-09-2004, 12:48 PM

I had the same problem. Screeching from 5mph to 0mph. I received a letter from Infiniti & was allowed to get service for the noise. The dealer replaced the rear rotors & pads. Noise was still there. About 2 weeks ago I took back to the dealer & there was a new fix out for the front brakes. They replaced some sort of plate that attaches to the front pads. Silence at last!!!! I have the auto, I dont know if the Brembos are covered for this service campaign. If you need any more info, I can call my service tech. Just let me know.