G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

exhaust sounds sweet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exhaust sounds sweet

i was thinking of changing my exhaust but im afraid for two reaason 1st is it doesnt sound restrictive and another exhaust might not increase the horse power and be a waist of money. unless one of you guys know something i dont. and 2nd i love the sound it already has and im afraid i will lose it. and or have a disapointing sound or tone that makes it sound like crap .let me know what cha think.

Old 02-20-2003, 11:46 PM
Re: exhaust sounds sweet

If you're that concerned about the exhaust being a waste of money, wait until someone else has one first, check it out and then make your own judgement.

Here's a thread pulled from Freshalloy.com that might be of use to you. Someone has posted a B&B exhaust (photos and video) of a G35C and a really cool video of a 350Z with the same exhaust system. This will give you an idea on what to expect. They are still pricey, but if you need to be one of the first kids on the block...

I wouldn't be looking to pick up a lot of power with ANY cat back system. It is the foundation of any other mods that you do later though. Nothing is going to work the way it's supposed to unless you address the breathing of the engine first.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...5&o=&fpart=all

Sal

Old 02-20-2003, 11:55 PM

i should take a writing class i just dont have the time and dont really care .I am sorry about that I dont know how to type real well. I am a artist not a poet . Why dont you check out my website when you get a chance.

Old 02-21-2003, 12:02 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey dude I did just that, and your artistry is as good as your taste in cars. I was very impressed. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
I thought the same as you about changing the exhaust, but decided against it. Your gonna change the sound to ??????
and you might pick up a few ponies.
Only thing to do is like Sal says:wait and see what comes out and listen to one that's been installed. Good luck(and post more paintings)
L8r

<font color=red>Gsedanman</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 02/20/03 09:07 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-21-2003, 12:34 AM

thanks for checking out my website i am glad you like it . when i do some more stuff i will post it for you

Old 02-21-2003, 01:23 AM

I was going to change the exhaust too but decide against it, since I think the current exhaust got a decent sound to it, it is not too loud and not too soft, just perfect...

I will be spending the money for a CAI and a front lip, I will still have money left over to party... lol

Still debating whether I will change the speakers and add a sub, not leaning that way since the sub will take most of the already small trunk space...

Old 02-21-2003, 01:41 AM

the stock speakers cant handle the bass when you turn it up in the coupe . i dont know why they would do that

Old 02-21-2003, 05:05 AM

That exhaust sounds good too me hehehe i wouldnt mind it on my G but i got get mine first i hate the wait its coo tho but that exhaust does sound good. I cant wait till they dyno it, prolly wont add much power but it sound good. An $950 is a lot of $$$.

Old 02-21-2003, 08:33 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey PPB, The stock exhaust sounds very sweet doesn't it? I wouldn't want to change that at all. To me it's perfect.
What I'd like to do first is get a CAI. Check out the INJEN CAI
posting on (Coupe Forum) -- has dyno sheet too.
K&N will be out with theirs soon & should be good too.
I find the Coupe sound system a little tighter base-wise which I like, compared to the Sedan's boomy sub-base. Just my preference. The treble needs accentuating tho (I play mine at +3 or +4) and one 'tick' to the rear (on fade).
Not much space in the trunk for anything let alone extra speakers.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] That's another big diff from the Sedan-- Sedan trunk is cavernous compared to Coupe's. Oh well, can't have everything. LOL
L8r, dude.......

<font color=red>Gsedanman</font color=red>

Old 02-21-2003, 10:05 AM

I will be bringing the coupe to an audio shop, let them listen to it and see what they recommend....

I am leaning towards the INJEN intake too, but will wait for teh K&N, do you know how long before the K&N one hit the market?

As for the front lip spoiler, in Japan, they don't have the Diamond Graphite color, so I am ordering silver and getting a bodyshop to spray the lip spoiler. Damn so much work

Old 02-21-2003, 01:05 PM

i'm not trying to be knit-picky, but can you guys use a little more punctuation when posting? i kind of get a headache trying to read individual words instead of actual, sectioned off, statements. just a humble request. Thanks.

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear