G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Time limit on G obsession?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 07:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time limit on G obsession?

So I need to preface this post. The short version is I was giving this ***** a ride from one building to another at work. He thought it was cute to put handprints on the filth on my car, 3 to be exact. I was pissed because A) it's disrespectful, B) it could scratch my car, C) he knows how overprotective I am of my car, and D) he's a car guy himself so he should know better.

Anyway I was complaining and someone said that "Eventually you'll (as in me) will have to get over your car". My question is, do I have to? I figured a year into ownership I would be more lax about the car but NO!

I still park hella far away from people, I still get nervous when I have to park to people. In fact, I think I'm worse. I just started parking it at the gym where I can see it while I'm running. I park at restaurants and asked to be seated close to the window so I can keep an eye on it. And I still baby it (not while I'm driving it) like the day I brought her home.

Is this normal? Do I eventually have to lighten up about the treatment of my car?

Old 03-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Re: Time limit on G obsession?

There is no time limit. That depends on the individual. I found out that what people call an obsession is often their way
of being disrespectful. I know one individual in particular who will watch me wax and wash my car and then come and put his right foot on my bumper. Now my position is that you will never please everyone. So I don't let anyone put guilt trips on me about being over obsesive etc,. So if someone has the gall to leave 3 fingerprints on a car that is shined and cleaned, I have the gall and guts to ask them what the problem be.(A Martin Lawrence joke). You payed a lot of money for the car, if looks and asthetics did not matter you would have bought a beater. So hold your ground and bring them to your level. Boy, that venting sure felt good!!! One more thing, anytime someone wants to shell out over 30 gran to buy me a car, they can tell me how much obsession I should have with it, but since I paid, then I'll be as obsessed as I want to be.

Old 03-12-2004, 10:20 AM

1bern btw taht quote is "what the prolem is?"

but no obsession is never ending for me and never will end
i love my car and thats the way it will stay
even when my mom touches anything but the door handle I go off on her because it leaves fingerprints

Aims

Old 03-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Premier Member

I agree with taking care of cars, any cars for that matter. My 04 G is something I take careful pride in and anybody who says "get over it", and they do, can **** off!!
Two weeks into getting my car my wife hit a curb and gave the car major curb rash on the passenger side wheels. I was so pissed off I went out and bought four new BBS rims and new tires. The car is leased ,but that's irrelevant too me. I take pride in everything I own and do and if people think I'm obsessed, they're right, I am.

Old 03-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Banned

The obsession will be over when someone on this board tells me they had a "happy ending" whilke thinking of their G.

<font color=blue>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
V1
Blizzaks
R splash Guards
35% Tint

Long Island, New York, USA
</font color=blue>

Old 03-12-2004, 11:13 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

No end to the obsession bro. Never!
A ride this precious deserves nothing less.
Tell all your friends to lighten up and be more understanding of someone who loves their ride.
There are many just like you, including me. It's all about pride of ownership.

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 03-12-2004, 11:52 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Eventually you'll (as in me) will have to get over your car

<hr></blockquote>

I hope I never "get over" pride.

Old 03-12-2004, 12:09 PM

I think were all the same way- its a natural part of us to be this way. For me personally, I have always been this way and never let a car go to waste. I see my car as an extension of myself and what I love and enjoy. I will always baby my car, keep it clean and enjoy its beauty. I look forward to each weekend in the Spring, Summer, Fall, and sometimes Winter so I can wash it inside and out and take pride in what I own and drive.

2003 Black/Willow Coupe- Aero/Sport/Prem

Old 03-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I am a very neat person...always was and always will be.
That goes for everything in my life..from personal appearance to the way I keep my home.

All of these things are a visual extension of who you are as a Person..your car included...

I must admit...ever since the last two cars, my I35 and now the coupe, I have been to say the least completely "OBSESSIVE AND COMPULSIVE" about the care and well being of my car(s).

I will not allow the foul winter weather and rain and dust remain on my car for more than 24hrs...with the exception of the 2-3week cold snap this past winter, My car has been spotless and waxed as well...

I have it somewhat worse than most due to the fact my poor car is not garaged. So I try to over-compensate by making sure that if it can be washed and clean it will be....

I have much more respect for someone who shows this dilligence and admiration for what I consider a true thing of beauty.....and everyone should respect your feelings for your property as well....going the extra mile by parking away from everyone and taking the time to maintain the appearance of your car should be a big signal of your attitude towards your possessions....

Nobody is safe from my protectiveness with my car....nobody..
my wife does not like to even drive in my car anymore because I'm always alerting her to keep her feet on the mat, and not the kick panels, not to drag the seat belt along the door, do not put on makeup and touch the visor....I could go on and on....

I respect this car and I feel a lot of pride to have it look as nice as possible at all times....impractical....maybe so...but I love the challange, and when its time to sell it I'll reap some of the rewards and fruits of my labor with a better resale value because of the condition it was kept during my ownership..

Attention to detail is a blessing......although at times it must drive us all a little crazy....<font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 03-12-2004, 01:02 PM

I knew I wasn't the only one but I just wanted to be sure.

I think the obsession will only get bigger as the days go by. For me the car represents 16 years of school and 2 years of hard work. Everyone has their own thing, car, house, tv, whatever. Thanks for the input!

Old 03-12-2004, 01:12 PM

Good to hear I am 'normal'. The guys at work drive me nuts calling me obsessive, etc. I drove a guy to a meeting yesterday and he took a coke with him. I told him not to drink it in the car and he went nuts. I told him if I don't eat or drink in it you definately can't. He came back to the office making fun of me for two days.

The usual comment I get is 'that will end when you have kids'.

Old 03-12-2004, 01:34 PM

If I caught someone putting handprints on my car for a laugh I'd wipe my *** with toilet paper and stick it to their car. Then I'd sit there and laugh my *** off.
Why are people so disrespectful? I'm lost on that one.

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

Old 03-12-2004, 04:47 PM

i'll never get over it.
the day i get over it is the day im getting a new car

AKA SET ROK

Old 03-12-2004, 05:06 PM

I don't know. I'm not an overly neat person, but the car is so beautiful that I spend a lot of time carefully hand washing, and polishing. (It's the first brand new car I ever had!). My time and effort to maintain it' s beauty MUST be respected.

F*ck whoever can't handle that.

"God, Schmod, I want my monkey man!!"
------
Craig Ramseur
G35C/5AT/BlkOb/Graphite/17"
PhxGold/Focal/AudioControlEQ/Basslink
Z-Xtreme Grounds/Z-Tube&PopCharger

Old 03-12-2004, 06:37 PM

I have something called "New England Winter" that i have to fight 4 months out of the year so its tough right now. But yes Im staring at her right now......shes lonely. Ill be right back.

G35 Coupe Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Aero/ Blizzaks and 17's till March /

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time limit on G obsession?