G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

New G35 Coupe Build Progress

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New G35 Coupe Build Progress

I have had my G35 Coupe on order since the end of December. The dealer informed me that I can expect a delivery time near the beginning of May. Ahhhhhhhhh!!! The wait is killing me. My question is: If I had the order number for my car, does Infiniti have a web site where you can track the progress of your order? For instance, it was built on this date, it was shipped on this date, it arrived at the port on this date, it left for NJ on this date, etc., etc. Does anyone know if this information is available to the customer?

Thanks.

Old 03-12-2004, 04:46 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: New G35 Coupe Build Progress

G35_5,

Check your PM.

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/Polk TW/C.Bra/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged/JWT Pop-Charger/Z-Tube [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2004, 06:35 PM

lol i wonder what that would loook like

*Your G is now having the 4th wheel installed*

G35 Coupe Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Aero/ Blizzaks and 17's till March /

Old 03-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That just sounds wrong G35_51. I ordered my car in early Jan and the order went into Infiniti on Jan 7th. I have the VIN now, its built and on a ship and should arrive in LA, CA in the next week or two at most, then goes by train to Dallas. I'm being told April 2nd is a good estimate at this point for pickup. May just sounds way off unless for some reason your order got put waaaay in the back of the line for orders. Perhaps they are just being ultra conservative? Or your dealer just gets very poor priority (Grubbs might do high volume thus get priority?). I'd be all over your dealer at this point...something isn't right.

I feel for you....I'm twiddling my fingers but am sooo excited I'm down to 4 weeks till I pick it up from Grubbs.

Cheers

Old 03-12-2004, 10:47 PM

you ordered end of december which means january order. 3 months later (east coast) means april delivery.

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 03-13-2004, 08:51 AM

Wow, how did you get all the details on the status of your car? That's all I want my dealer (Salerno/Duane Infiniti of Denville, NJ) to tell me. Just where it is in the queue. All he keeps saying is that they're hard to find since I ordered the Premium/Aero/Performance/Nav combination so it had to be ordered. I can understand why it had to be ordered but when I signed the paperwork on December 27th, why did it take until the end of January for it to go in?

Oh well, I'll just wait it out since I have no choice.

Thanks for the reply.

Larry

Old 03-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

G35_51....ask for your dealer to fax the info for what order was put into the factory. From the sound of it I'd almost say your dealer blew it and didn't place the order in the window in early Jan (7-9 I think). I recentely received paperwork that showed what day the order was placed (1/7) to the factory. Since mine was built and on the boat Grubbs had the VIN number and estimated delivery to LA.

Keep on your dealer for an explanation. They should know if its been built or not...I believe it its been built a VIN is available, not sure if it is avail while being built. Find out the sales manager and talk with them directly. Tell them my story and how informed I am and how I placed my order with the dealer AFTER you did.

Good luck!

Old 03-13-2004, 11:23 PM

Thanks G35C2B, I will do that on Monday.

Old 03-14-2004, 12:49 AM

Hey I feel your anguish. You need to heed the advice of the others. Something is fishy (uhhhh). After you place your order the dealer can track the progress from order to boat to VIN to ship, to the east coast, and tell you if it's on the truck for delivery. Maybe they did not order when they said did.

I placed an early fall order my 04 was here by end of Nov just in time for winter Max 3 months.

04 G35 Carib Blue Cpe AT = 7 wire Grounding Kit = Pre Pkg w aero and wing = Injen Intake polished = XM Radio = Tint all around = Nissan & Skyline badges = Vector FX 2 Accelometer = Greddy SP2 exhaust = Esplir lowering springs = Samco blue silicone hoses = Xerd Race pipes = Unorthodox crank pulley polished = Aluminum pedals = Blue Calipers = Alpine V12 amp = Alpine 10 Type R Sub = 18inch Chrome Zinik wheels = Blue Led strip bars = PIAA all around.

Old 03-14-2004, 06:48 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

The wait is the hardest part.....
My car was ordered in late July, took delivery on Oct. 31.
I had a hard time nailing my dealer as well, near the end he was able to pretty much keep me posted to the ETA.

I know it can be murder waiting.....but in the end you'll be glad you did. It only adds to the excitement this car creates in all of us.....

So another G member in the Garden State? Every day I see more and more....what part of Jersey?

You'll find me on the GSP every Tues thru Sat from exit 120 up to exit 163 [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck and believe me the car is worth the wait.....[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 03-15-2004, 06:57 AM

I live in Pompton Plains and work in Secaucus so I take Route 46 to Route 3 down to the Meadowlands area every day. I used to live in New Milford so I'm very familiar with exit 163 on the Parkway and we vacation every year in Wildwood so I'm familiar with the southern end of the Parkway as well. You're right...the wait is killing me. I've seen one or two Gs pop up in my town so I'm really getting anxious. I'll have to bother my dealer a little more but I'll wait a while.
Thanks for your info......