G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

New G Driver/V1 Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New G Driver/V1 Help!

Hey...first I'd like to introduce myself. Im a 17 year old guy who's going to be picking up his blk/blk G35 coupe tomorrow morning from Ray Catena Infiniti in Edison, NJ. I got it with aero and premium package. I already have a few things i'm doing to the car (I managed to get the clears from that dealer in texas), some mtec foglights, side lights and clearance strip lights, and I also will be removing the "G35" badge on the back. I have 2 10" subs ill be throwin in the trunk, and my TFT LCD monitors are on their way! (2 in the headrests, 2 in the visors along with a dvd player). I have red caliper paint and ordered some stickers with the infiniti logo to put on the calipers. Anyways, I have a V1 along with the hardwiring kit and remote unit. I tried searching for any posts where people tapped into their rearview mirror for power (the homelink on the premium package), but couldn't find any. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...this board seems like a really good community! Can't wait till tomorrow

Old 03-13-2004, 01:15 AM
Re: New G Driver/V1 Help!

right now the search feature on freshalloy.com forums is down, but when its up again, search for "valentine 1 install" in the G35 forum, and my thread will come up. Good informative thread.

I suggest you use the V1 suction cups, and not mount to the rearview. But thats your choice. I put my concealed dispaly in the ashtray, its freaking dope. I have pics, if you wan't them just PM me.

Also, If I were you, i'd keep your age on the low down in posts like these... People usually get a bad taste in their mouth when they see young G drivers. Well, most people at least.

Trust me, I know
good luck.

04 Black G35C 6MT | Premium | Navigation | Grounding Kit | AEM Cold Air Intake

Old 03-13-2004, 04:48 AM

Seriously, there's really no point to say your age unless you're here to **** people off especially when it has nothing to do with your post. I really don't know why 16-17yr olds always have to state that their age when they post. Anyone? Some kind of psychological aberration?

Anyways, since you're 17yrs old, I'll help you out and point you to some hardwiring instructions. Here's one...
http://www.g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=3

Old 03-13-2004, 06:14 PM

enjoy your car, drive safely.

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 03-13-2004, 10:25 PM
WRAH

Yeah its easy. If you unplug your RV mirror you see four wires. Use a volt meter to see which is hot. There are two, on stays on, the other dies with the key(on/off). The wire runs up into the the roof behind the roof lights and sunroof control. You can carefully pull out the whole plastic unit out, but becareful not to you brake the little clips holding it to the roof. Once the power to the light switchs and sunroof switchs are unpluged the plastic units comes out completely. You will see a bundle of wires cliped to the metal roof. One of those wires is coded the same as the hot wire to the mirror. (mine was black w/ purple stripes) You can tap the power from there, and run your wire down the same route as the mirror.
Button everything up and you have power that shuts off with your car.

Good luck with her, and becareful. That's a nice car for 17!

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murry
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash

Old 03-14-2004, 07:58 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Seriously, there's really no point to say your age unless you're here to **** people off especially when it has nothing to do with your post. I really don't know why 16-17yr olds always have to state that their age when they post. Anyone? Some kind of psychological aberration?

<hr></blockquote>
Why do you feel the need to say something like that? The guy came on here, introduced himself, and didn't make one rude comment towards anyone. I don't know about you, but age doesn't seem like a totally irrelevant thing to include when you're introducing yourself to strangers. He mentioned that he has some mods in mind, so at least he's enthusiastic about the car. For all you know, he could have a lot of knowledge to offer (yes, it is possible to possess knowledge even at 17), and now he may never come back to the forum cause you had to act like a jerk. And you say he is the one with the "psychological aberration"? Haha, sounds to me like you've got some security or inadequecy issues yourself.

2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT Black/Willow
- Texas Tech Mechanical Engineering -
- Texas Tech Advanced Vehicle Engineering -

Old 03-14-2004, 09:03 PM

Didn't mean to cause up such a stir with the whole age issue...oh well. I managed to install my V1 through the fuse box and put the concealed display in front of the speedometer. Thanks for all the help from you guys. I picked up my G35 yesterday morning with 14 miles, and now the odo. reads 273 miles . I also put on my clear corners and changed the foglights and clearance lights. I will post pics later this week once my next installation is complete........2 10"s in the trunk, 2 headrest monitors and 2 visor monitors . Thanks again guys, this seems like a great community.

Old 03-14-2004, 09:54 PM

Why do you feel the need to say something like that? The guy came on here, introduced himself, and didn't make one rude comment towards anyone. I don't know about you, but age doesn't seem like a totally irrelevant thing to include when you're introducing yourself to strangers. He mentioned that he has some mods in mind, so at least he's enthusiastic about the car. For all you know, he could have a lot of knowledge to offer (yes, it is possible to possess knowledge even at 17), and now he may never come back to the forum cause you had to act like a jerk. And you say he is the one with the "psychological aberration"? Haha, sounds to me like you've got some security or inadequecy issues yourself.

<hr></blockquote>

Yes, you're right, I have "security" problems. Thank you, Donald Rumsfeld. Please alert homeland defense. Why are you laughing by yourself? ...it's creepy.

Anyways, maybe the only place you've really introduced yourself was in homeroom after recess. Maybe you should reintroduce yourself and tell me your favorite color too. Age is an irrelevant topic. I think a name would be more relevant than age and that was left out. I've never heard anyone introduce themselves with their age unless specifically asked. It makes people think like these teens are rubbing the fact that they're young and riding high on their Gs. I feel like I need to say it because if you look around with posts about age, you'll always see it starts a flame war. It's asking people to have a little "social sensitivity" and keep your age on the downlow. I was mean, but no need to cry and not come back. I did provide the requested info on the V1 install afterall.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, Mr. Rumsfeld. I'm sure you're very busy dealing with our "security" issues and appreciate your input.

Old 03-14-2004, 11:53 PM

Hey anthor13..
my name is mitch from new jersey..nice to meet you

oh yea....i'm 20

Mitch K
2004 G35C AT
Blk/Blk
Prem.Aero.Perf.Nav
Nav/TV Tuner w/ PS 2
2-10" Subs w/ Rockford Amp
Clear Corners
Pop Charger
Z-Tube

Old 03-15-2004, 12:58 AM

Hey, Mitch. My name is Anthor and I'm from California. I'm 16. I like nice long walks on the beach and candlelight dinners. My pet peeves are arrogant people and also when people squeeze the toothpaste from the top. I am single and it's hard for me to date because of my busy schedule.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:00 AM

author - Look, man, I'm not trying to start a fight with you. I just don't see the necessity of being rude to people when it's completely uncalled for. Obviously you have some strong opinions about young people driving expensive cars, and I'm not saying you're wrong for that. But like someone else mentioned, it doesn't seem like you've been around here very long cause the vast majority of members here don't go around talking to each other like that.

The immaturity of your response speaks for itself, and I'm not gonna go back and forth with you calling each other names and whatnot. Just try taking it easy on people for a change...that's all I'm saying.

BTW, I forgot...BigGDriver - I'm hardwiring the V1 to my car and putting the concealed display in the ashtry this week (as soon as it gets back from the body shop), and I'll be sure to take some pics as I go along. And as author13 mentioned, the www.g-owners.com articles under Radio/Stereo/etc. have some good help as far as taking the interior apart goes. PM me if you want any additional info...good luck man.

2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT Black/Willow
- Texas Tech Mechanical Engineering -
- Texas Tech Advanced Vehicle Engineering -<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by rwjcp721 on 03/14/04 11:10 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 03-15-2004, 02:20 AM

anthor, you've only had 6 posts on this forum. Maybe you should try being nice for a while until you have some respect on the forum before you start lashing out at people dude.

In any case, I don't see the big deal about age and what you drive, it's not who you are. I'm 19 and I have an 03 G35C 6MT and personally, I think this car is way too cool for me, but I love it anyways !!

MrElussive
03 G35C 6MT

<hr></blockquote>

So what you're saying is that I can be rude when I have more posts? Huh? I don't think anyone should be rude no matter how many posts they have.

I'm 16 and angry that I can't get the 05 G35 yet, so I'm lashing out at everyone else. I'm sure you can understand that.

Old 03-15-2004, 03:06 AM

author - Look, man, I'm not trying to start a fight with you. I just don't see the necessity of being rude to people when it's completely uncalled for. Obviously you have some strong opinions about young people driving expensive cars, and I'm not saying you're wrong for that. But like someone else mentioned, it doesn't seem like you've been around here very long cause the vast majority of members here don't go around talking to each other like that.

The immaturity of your response speaks for itself, and I'm not gonna go back and forth with you calling each other names and whatnot. Just try taking it easy on people for a change...that's all I'm saying.

<hr></blockquote>

I didn't call you any names, except maybe Donald Rumsfeld and that's because you said I had security issues. On the other hand, you called me a "jerk", "immature", and the worst, an "author". I'm not a writer, so stop being mean and calling me an author.

So what you're also saying is that I should have more posts then I can be rude. OKAY! It's a deal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.