G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Bad situation.. What to do now..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Bad situation.. What to do now..

2fast....
I don't want to sound like a parent or anything....but damn....
Why don't you explain the situation to your parents?
If your mail goes to them maybe they can find your cancellation notice....

I have two boys 20 and 21, and in the past I have bought them their first cars (NO G35's) and have helped them when they were in a jam with repairs and such...
I don't know your parents financial situation, but maybe they can give you a loan so you can fix your car and start paying them money each month, and consistently so you don't get in a credit/financial squeeze....

I don't think any major credit card will give you 15-20 grand line of credit if you are only 18...if they do they will kill you with high interest rate after a short grace period...
Just my opinion.. my parents god bless them, have helped me in my younger years with several car purchases and so forth and I always paid them back in full.....

whatever, don't beat yourself up about it, It sounds like and Honest mistake, and it could happen to every one of us on this forum....

I know your freakin out....but stay calm and use your head not your emotions to straighten this problem out....
Dennis

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 03-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope no minor accident.. Parents dont have money. They dont even live in USA When i say home i mean my uncle/aunt's home.. Umm Nah it wasnt a small accident but i also didnt get the person's license plate so i cant use his insurance company. I dont think i know anyone who will give me such a loan..

I make steady money every month. Enough to pay for G and insurance and keep me happy. but i just cant fork out $13g(new estimate today) to fix my g35.. so im kinda stuck and depressed.. School starts on monday.. i dont even feel like going to class I think im gonna [censored] this semester up,, and [censored] up my 3.8 GPA

Life sucks.. Times like this you just wanna quit living but im not stupid though i wont go hurt myself,, Im just saying, i dont even know what to do apart from crying

Old 03-21-2004, 02:46 PM

sorry about your situation, seems like the only option is to bite the bullet and pay for it but how about not telling tha bank that you wreck the car and have the repossesed it? they wil tow it if they cant drive it..

Old 03-21-2004, 03:17 PM

Im really sorry about your situation too. What county in NJ do you live in? Those crazy drivers on highways should get punished. I have been lucky and never gotten into a serious accident, but had many close calls. Those drivers should one day get into a accident with a big mack truck and then become crippled or paralyzed. They should suffer for decades, because of all those times they put others at danger. I wish I could hang all those drivers. sorry. good luck

[image][/image]

Old 03-22-2004, 04:14 PM

is it a good idea to let the bank repossess the car?

Old 03-22-2004, 04:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

is it a good idea to let the bank repossess the car?

no, you will have a shitty credit report and will not be able to get a loan again for a long time.

Old 03-22-2004, 05:03 PM

I did not take the time to read all the replies, so this might have been said already. One thing to prevent this from happening in the future is to receive and pay your bills online. This way you don't have to worry about lost mail. I pay all of mine through Bank of America and I can receive the bills just by logging in. No paper to lose, no check to write. Plus it's free. Well, sorry about the troubles. You'll definitely learn from this though. My $0.02

2004 5AT, Brilliant Silver, Graphite Leather, Performance Package

Old 03-22-2004, 05:23 PM

If the car is driveable, it's an easy decision: Drive it until you can save the money for the repairs. This should be no longer than 4 to 7 months based on the numbers you put up above.

If it's not driveable, pay for a garage and do the same. If you absolutely need a car, just get a $1500 '92 Civic cheapie with liability only until you can repair the G.

In any case, don't get too depressed. I know this is a car forum, and we often put the G on a throne to be worshipped, but the big picture remains that it's just a car. It sounds like this is really affecting you deeply and sending you into depression. Don't let it. If you want to put your problem in persepective listen to Merlin who's son died late last year in an auto accident, or let me tell you how my 15-month old son died in my arms in the Emergency Room.

It's a car. You are 18. The problem is small. This will all mean nothing to you in the blink of an eye. Focus on school, learn from the experience, don't repeat mistakes, and remember: it's never too late to do the right thing.

Black/Willow 03.5 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, SAT
350Z Nismo CAI

Old 03-22-2004, 05:50 PM
G SQUAD

Shader definitely has some insightful words and speaks the truth.Your situation definitely sucks. I mean if the car is driveable then you should drive it until you can fix it. If not then follow Shader's advice and get a Civic or something cheap to run around with. Did u renew your insurance?

Old 03-22-2004, 06:00 PM

Hey
If you really cannot concentrate on school this semester, it might not be a bad idea to rest one semester. And then you can work more, get refund from your tuition. And fix the car in 4-6 months and start school again next semester. Its no point going to classes if you cannot concentrate. It would really suck to mess up that 3.8 GPA.

Old 03-22-2004, 11:58 PM

hey everybody thanks for the replies. The body shop it is at right now said they will keep it for $30/day, is there any cheaper garage or is that rate good?

Old 03-23-2004, 01:17 AM

You could always sideline for some extra "duckits"($$$). e.g... deal drugs, pimping, scams, etc.

I think the lawyer route is your best scenario.

Old 03-23-2004, 07:26 AM
Banned

Great idea. Quit school and work at 7-11. The school will understand that the car is worth runing the rest of your life over. Its just a car. Find someone who will store it for you until you can afford to fix it.

<font color=blue>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
V1
R splash Guards
35% Tint
Clear Corners
Long Island, New York, USA
</font color=blue>

Old 03-23-2004, 12:35 PM

What an idiot. Are you really that stupid. I suggested resting one semester. Many people rest a semester in certain situations. Your a real igornant fool. 2fast mentioned that he might not be able to concentrate on school, its better not to go to school for a semester if it can mess up a good gpa. "Ruining his life" - just cuz you got a problem with me, dont post stupid *** comments. alrite. He said his estimate is 13 grand. What do you suggest Blitz. Huh, are you going to lend him that money. If he rests one semester he can work overtime or get two jobs for just one semester and that way he might be able to pay for the damages. blitz i would love to punch you in your ignorant face.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bad situation.. What to do now..