G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

VANDALISM...HAVE TO VENT!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VANDALISM...HAVE TO VENT!!!!!!

Okay, I'm so pissed right now. My girlfriend came over to watch tv and she parked her car in the extra spot that I have right next time mine. I park underneath the top parking lot, which is away from everybody and I always thought was great. I figured out of sight, out of mind. But tonight I was walking her back to her car and I saw a scratch by my back emblem while I was opening my trunk. I looked at it closely and I said [censored] how the hell did this scratch get here???? It was deep and under the paint. I start thinking about how something must've flew up on the road and scratched it. Then my gf says wait a sec your emblem is coming off. So I realize she's right and then I see that what I thought was a scratch was in fact a screwdriver that somebody used trying to pop my emblem off and they scraped my car. My gf has an '03 honda accord and as I tell her what happened her mouth drops open as if she knew what she was about to find. She looks over at her car and her emblem was gone. Hers was scraped with a screwdriver too. I am so f*ckin mad right now!!!! It was the one night that I didn't throw my car cover on, I was actually just about to put it on when I noticed this. Not like a car cover would stop them but maybe they wouldn't have noticed the car. Anyway, I'm rambling on because I'm pissed and I just had to vent to somebody. I called the cops to make a report and they came and said it's been happening recently in my parking lot so now I'm thinking I am going to have to get some beers and sit in my car one of these nights and catch some punks. I am actually just glad that there's only a scratch by my emblem and not the whole car. They could've gotten mad that they couldn't get the emblem and keyed the whole car in anger. But I think what happened was that they probably saw headlights coming while they were doing it and they just stopped. Those f*ckers.

Old 03-23-2004, 12:47 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: VANDALISM...HAVE TO VENT!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that bro. Makes you mad enough to strangle someone when that kind of thing happens. Such a gutless act.
Fix it up and park in a different spot, you'll feel better. And yes the cover will help.
G/L

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 03-23-2004, 01:08 AM

Sorry to hear that. Whoever did that should get skull cracked. I had something similar like that happen years ago to my Chevy truck. Someone at my work saw a guy lifting up my cover, came in and told me.

I went outside and saw a guy I went to high school with peeling out in his Chevy truck. He was trying to jack my billet emblem, and fukced up the grille.

Luckily, he fessed up, apologized, and paid for it. Several years later we became friends.

Old 03-23-2004, 01:40 AM

Sorry to hear about that bro. I know how you feel. I got my coupe shot with a pellet gun while I was driving down my street less than 2 months after I got it. Couple of teenage kids just screwing around. They're damn lucky they had time to run back into their house before I got a hold of them...

2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT Black/Willow
- Texas Tech Mechanical Engineering -
- Texas Tech Advanced Vehicle Engineering -

Old 03-23-2004, 02:02 AM

I feel your pain. Around the end of December my clears got stolen from school. Man was i pissed. I made a report to the LAPD at my university and they said this has been the 3rd or 4th reported this week on your type of cars. Meaning the g 35.

Well i hope they caught the bastard.

As for your situation just tbe happy there was no more damage than what happened. Its fixable.

2004 Diamond Graphite G35 Coupe 6MT, Premium Package, Aero Package, DVD Nav

2003 Brilliant Silver G35 Sedan Premium Package, Aero Package, DVD Nav

Old 03-23-2004, 11:03 AM

That really sucks. I'm SO glad I have a garage to park in at night. In fact that was the #1 concern of mine when I was looking for a place to live...I wasn't going to live anywhere without one.

As for the cover at least for me it attracted more attention than I wanted. I would cover my old car sometimes (more to keep it clean than anything else) and half the time I would go back to my car part of the cover would be off, like someone lifted it to see what kind of car was under there (werent they disappointed it was only a Civic haha). Anyways, I've stopped using a cover.

2004 Twilight Blue Coupe
6 spd
Premium Package
Aero Package

Old 03-23-2004, 11:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I called the cops to make a report and they came and said it's been happening recently in my parking lot

<hr></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I made a report to the LAPD at my university and they said this has been the 3rd or 4th reported this week

<hr></blockquote>

I find it very disturbing that police departments are frequently well aware of these types of crimes, happening in a specific area, yet do absolutely nothing to stop it.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, double 15% tint

Old 03-23-2004, 11:39 AM

kjbalto, if they DIDN'T get your emblem that might indicate that you interrupted them before they could finish. They don't sound like the types that would stop because it was too hard. They obviously didn't give a damn about your car so they would have just used more force if necessary to get it off.

They probably heard you coming or had a lookout and ran off just before you got there. Probably a good thing because this post would have been asking for the number to a good defense attorney because you would be on trial for strangling the little bastard(s).

Old 03-23-2004, 12:02 PM

Yup. Know the feeling. It helps to vent. So it is good that you did. It does not change what happened, but it lets you express yourself and to also know that there are others going thru like pain. I still have a 88 T-Bird Turbo which is mint. There was a guy who had the same car. I started missing things of my car and kept noticing that his car started getting the things I was missing. The last straw was when I started paying attention to his car I noticed that he was missing both turbo emblems that are on both sides of the car. A week later I noticed that someone had pryed on of my emblems out and had tried and failed to pry out the other side. Anyhow I reported to the police, but we all know that is not at the top of their things to do list. I was determined to get my things back, but after the emblem incident I never saw this guy or his car at the bar he frequented. So sorry to hear that.

Old 03-23-2004, 12:17 PM

That sucks. I have had the same thing happen to me. My old PT Cruiser's hood emblem was distroyed while at my apartment at Purdue. I guess they didnt know that it is bolted through the hood and just broke off the wings with a screwdriver.

At least you didnt have a 48' tractor trailer back into your G while it was parked at your apartment. Luckily somebody got his name and address, and the trucking company is going to pay for a new bumper and grill.

Eric

Old 03-23-2004, 12:43 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dam that suck's...... I can't stand these "haters" or just stupid people that love to ruin nice cars that arent theirs just because they want oneeeeeeeeeeeeee.... Take pictures, enjoy and set a goal to get one LOL, dont F@$%it up because you want one!! Anyway, wait for them and then smack the sh@t outta them. Lata iLLG

Wat'ssss Realllyyyy Goooodddd!!!!!

Old 03-23-2004, 01:55 PM

If u find them deal with them urself and teach those jerk offs a lesson because u know the cops wont do a damn thing about it but a slap on the wrist. I keep my car in a carport in my driveway and one night my sister drove by called me and told me she saw two people in the carport so I grabbed the baseball bat I keep by the door ran out screaming and swinging those SOB's ran out faster than a greyhound at the track I now keep a big NRA sticker in the port that has a gun on it and says "We dont dial 911" cause if it happens again I'm grabbing something other than a baseball bat.

03 6mt black/black

Old 03-23-2004, 05:04 PM

I have a 94 toyota corolla (okay....don't laugh) I installed blazers projectors. Well i went shopping at the puente hills mall and parked right in front of the store entrance. My friend and I came out.....looked at my car....there were 2 kids attempting to pull off my lights. They were on tight that they broke part of my grill. I ran towards them....and the guy that was parked I guess waiting for his wife shopping....was just sitting there in his car minding his own business. Well I got in my car, and started to chase them down while they ran.....of course they were just kids that didn't have a car....just gave them a good scare. They just kept dodging and ducking between cars.

Old 03-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks man... i kno how you feel...

few weeks after i got my car... someone keyed every single body panel of my car... i was so angry, i wanted to kill someone...

Old 03-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Puente Hills mall? When I was in college, I told on of my room-mates that our car (a G20) got keyed at Puente Hills mall, and he was like, "What the hell were you doing at Puente Hills Mall? That's the ghetto mall, where all the Gangsta Wannabe's hang out. This was like 10 years ago... Is it still like that? I remember tricked out civics and such with booming bass was the norm there at the time. At least on Friday nights, when we were there... (My friend was sorta a wannabe himself...)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VANDALISM...HAVE TO VENT!!!!!!