G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone have any acceleration times for coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have any acceleration times for coupe

From a reputable source (i.e. no "my friend went from 0-60 in x seconds". It need to hold up in court)

ANYTHING would help, especially 0-80 times. But 0-60, 20-60, ANYTHING at all.

If you're interested keep reading.
What I'm getting at is I got a straight BS ticket (and this isnt some whiny cops suck story, this is the reason why I have utter hatrid towards traffic cops).

In a span of less than 1/4 mile heres what happens: I get on a very crowded freeway during rush hour like normal. The car in front of me is doing no more than 55 because I'm approaching 55 mph and gaining on the person so I quickly swing over to the next lane. I thought it was a bit sketchy of a lane change I admit. As I slowly start to pass this car doing 55, I take my foot off the gas and look in my rear view (at this point I guess I could have been doing 70-75 tops). I must have merged right in front of a Highway Patrol because there he was and I couldn't have gone more than 1000 feet yet. So I think "ah hell, hes gonna pull me over for the lane change and then give me a lecture and a tint ticket (since Cali so **** about tinted windows). As soon as I see him on his lights go (and I checked a freeway sign to see at what point he turned them on).

So I pull over, think no problem. Long story short he comes up and tells me I was doing 80. I have a V1 -which is in full view- so I ask him why he thinks I was doing 80. He says he paced me. I ask how long since I couldnt have gone more than 1/4 mile. He takes a LOOOOONG pause and goes "ehhhh....ehh...yeah about 3/10's of a mile". I give him everything and he goes back to his car and comes back with the ticket.

I told him that it was impossible for me to be doing 80 since I just got on the freeway and it was so crowded, and I also felt it was impossible he even had time to pace me, and if he DID pace me there was NO possible way I was doing 80 for that long. I would have ran into the car in front of me if I was.

An unsafe lane change, no plates on the car, tinted windows, a radar detector, no front plate (again Cali is **** about this) my registration and insurance and license addresses dont even match. Didnt care. Gives me the speeding ticket. Tells me about 5-10 times over and over that signing it is not an admission of guilt and that I can take traffic school.

Honestly I think he just wants me to roll over and pay for it and traffic school to generate $$. No way I'm wasting a traffic school trip on this. Therefore, I need to prove in court there was no way I was going that fast. Last night I was getting on the freeway at the same place and tried to get going as fast as I could. I didnt even hit 80 and I was already past where he turned his lights on. I did the math on if I was going 80 for 3/10's of a mile how long would he have to follow me, and NOTHING adds up. The cops claim is 100% impossible. Its straight BS. Any help would be great.

(and no need to direct me to the ticketassassin page)

2004 Twilight Blue Coupe
6 spd
Premium Package
Aero Package

Old 03-25-2004, 06:12 PM
Re: Anyone have any acceleration times for coupe

It sounds to me like you got a good handle on this, take that speech to the judge. I bet the cop doesnt show or the judge will knock it down for ya.
Good Luck.

04 Laser Red 6MT Coupe

Old 03-25-2004, 06:13 PM

0-60 in 5.61seconds.

Old 03-25-2004, 06:45 PM

I promise you if you IM me with your phone number I will have a 10 minute conversation with you about my EXACT same experience. I went to court and so did the cop of 6 years. After all was said and done I got a standing ovation from the people inthe courtroom who still had not pled their cases to the judge (I really poured it on thick). Using the simple distance=Rate * Time calculation you will hands down win your case.

Remember the cop had to...
1. see you
2. realize you were speeding
3. decide to chase after you
4. step on the gas from a stop
5. accelerate to WAY OVER 80 (this alone would be illegal as he would be putting innocent lives in immediate danger)
6. catch up with you
7. slow down
8. pace you
9. turn on his lights
10. wait for you to notice him
11. have both of you slow to a complete stop

All within the 0.3 miles you mentioned. My case was 1.1 or 1.2 miles if I remember right. Remember the LAWS OF PHYSICS can not be changed. We've got to the moon and back using them. IM me, I'd love to have a chat w/ you on the phone. Also, I'll scan in and e-mail you a copy of the data sheet I handed to the judge before I pled my case.

You have NOTHING to worry about, except for how bad you want to make this cop look in court. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Of course this is based upon your above story being 100% factual...

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger | RT Cats
JIC Y-Pipe & Crawford Plenum (on order)

Old 03-25-2004, 06:45 PM

Road and Track's original G35 test says:
0-60: 6.1
0:80:9.8

Hope that helps.

2004 TB 6MT

Old 03-26-2004, 10:07 PM
DED

neff, the more mods you get, the less of a case you got.

If I was the prosecuter, I SAY! Open your hood!!

Your not talking about your G are you? The Accord???

2004 G35C 6MT Black. Sweet.

Old 03-27-2004, 05:48 AM

The 1992 Saturn SL1 baby!!! Cop told me that I hit 70 or 80 (have to go pull the ticket, the calculations I showed the judge, and the paperwork that shows they dismissed my case [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]). Basically you have 5 or 6 calculations on the page, one for the cop doing 50mph, one for 60mph, one for 80mph (in this case it would need to go as high as 150mph otherwise that cop would have never caught him). Then you ask the cop how fast he was going WITHOUT ever showing him your calculations. The cop will say something like 90 (to keep his butt out of trouble) and then you remind him/her that they are under oath... Show the judge the calculations, remind the judge that the laws of simple Physics CANNOT be changed, and presto you win your case. At 90 mph it would take 5-10 miles for the cop to catch up and pase you (along with all of the other items mentioned above which take a little time).

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger | RT Cats
JIC Y-Pipe & Crawford Plenum (on order)