G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

ok guys: ABS light, VDC off and slip lights on and ABS actuator going crazy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 01:11 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
ok guys: ABS light, VDC off and slip lights on and ABS actuator going crazy

so last night when i started driving it i noticed all those indicator lights went on plus the ABS electronic actuator under the hood was going off. i drove for a few miles to my destination no problem. i turned the ignition off and pulled the key and the ABS actuator was still going crazy. i had to unplug the battery to make it stop. that's where i'm at at the time of this post. has anyone had this happen before? i did a few searches and got everything from low brake fluid (it's not), to ABS fuse. the only difference in my problem is this ABS actuator is continually firing off despite the car shut off. i might end up taking it to the dealer soon. i'll post my results. thanks for any help.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:30 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had this happen twice, but it just stoped on its own, still dont know what caused this.

You can unplug the power to just the abs unit to make it stop so you don't kill your battery, just remeber to plug it back in or you have no ABS. That seemed to re-set it and it stopped for me.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by TURBOTOM
I had this happen twice, but it just stoped on its own, still dont know what caused this.

You can unplug the power to just the abs unit to make it stop so you don't kill your battery, just remeber to plug it back in or you have no ABS. That seemed to re-set it and it stopped for me.
yea i did think about unplugging it from the unit itself, but i was afraid i'd set off another sensor so i thought i'd be safer and just unplug the battery. it seemed to reset everything then and there. today i drove about 300 miles to and from the ski resort and the car performed flawlessly. i don't know what could have caused the ABS actuator motor to go crazy like that even with the ignition off.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Were you trying to drift your G ?

Old 03-11-2008, 10:25 AM
haha nah, that's what my racecar is for. ironically, i randomly started reading a few posts about ABS, VDC off and SLIP lights coming on and the very same thing happened to me the next time i started my car. the only difference was my ABS actuator unit was going bonkers even with the car shut off. nobody else had stated that exact symptom. it was weird.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:28 PM
VQ, that's definitely the EBCM (ABS Module). Remove it, and send it to ModuleMaster.com. I had the exact same problem in my Z.

Actually, if your car is still under warranty, have Infiniti fix it. Tell them that it's a short in EBCM. If they want to replace it with a new one, good for you....or they can send it for repair.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:02 PM
will do...i have an appointment set for thanksgiving eve. i'll let both forums know how it goes

Old 11-23-2008, 12:58 AM
crapp... i read this... is this gonna happen to me!!

Old 11-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Roguewolf
crapp... i read this... is this gonna happen to me!!
i dunno man...i hope there is no "ring" effect. we do drive japanese cars...so...just hope for the best lol at least you have a clue about what's coming

Old 11-23-2008, 07:05 PM
i baan having the same thing happen to me, it started a few weeks ago, but i noticed that on the warmer days the lights dont come on.. since its been cold the last few days the lights have been on... but sometimes they wont come on till after a few minutes of driving, other times they come on as soon as i start my car

Old 11-28-2008, 04:11 AM
The same thing has been and is still hapenning with me...I haven't tried the unplugging of the battery yet, I'll try that in the morning...If it doesn't work, is this covered under warranty?

Old 11-28-2008, 06:51 AM
Check your brake fluid level ... That happened to me and that's all I had to do to fix it. Just top it off

Old 11-28-2008, 11:03 AM
the brake fluid level is something totally different in my case. the dealer replaced the relay to my ABS actuator pump. i'm not sure if it will cure the problem 100% but if the pump keeps firing continuously, just unplug the battery for at least 4 hours+.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:57 AM
well i actually did have that.. or at least the ABS ligh and vdc light but that was after installing my grounding wires and i forgot to put back the intake.. did u check the MAF sensor? throttle body?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ok guys: ABS light, VDC off and slip lights on and ABS actuator going crazy