G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Looking in to several G35 coupe's. Longevity advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking in to several G35 coupe's. Longevity advice?

Hello all,

I'm new here. Just a bit about myself. 16 years old, been licensed for about 4 months now. I owned a BMW 330ci for about 3 weeks and then stupidly totaled it trying to drift. Before throwing your attacks at me please know two things, 1) I am a young entrepreneur, all my cars that I purchase are paid for by my own means. I receive no financial support from my parents and 2) I learned my lesson. I no longer drive recklessly.

That being said I'm in the market for a new car. The Infiniti G35 Coupe is in my price range and I wanted to know a bit more about some of the specifics.

-------

Would a high mileage G35 coupe be a wise buy if I'm looking to keep the car for at least 3 years? I found a 2005 G35 Coupe with 98,000 miles on it (don't ask me how you can drive 32k miles/year). This equates to about 90 miles per day so my best guess is that the previous owner had a long commute I assume that most of these miles were freeway miles. The car is fully loaded. The price is $16,500 but the owner needs it gone ASAP, I could probably walk out the door with it for $15,500. For a 2005 this seems like a pretty good price. How many more miles could I expect to get out of a G35? Would I be better off buying a 2003 G35 with less miles for the same price? Can these cars run until 200k+ miles with proper care?

Aside from that, what other things should I look out for?

Old 04-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
330ci's are NOT capable of drifting... they dont have a LSD.

that being said, take your time finding the car you like.

We service G's with 140k+ miles

Old 04-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Aftermarket LSD was my first mod as per advice from my pro-drifter friend. It didn't work out so well for me.

Compared to my BMW, am I looking at higher or lower maintenance costs? I do all the labor myself.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
That price seems too good... even for the amount of miles... id question the history...

How much do you have to spend?

The G can last over 200K miles if taken care of...

Lower maintenance costs for sure with the Infiniti.

Btw i wouldn’t announce you age too much because the older members like to bother the teen drivers

Old 04-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Let them bother me. I deserve to be hassled for my past stupidity. It will surely be something I look back and laugh about in the future.

That asking price, believe it or not, falls right in between good and excellent for a car of that year and mileage on KBB.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:42 PM
^wow that's very low.. however most ppl on this forum says the KBB (good condition price) is overpriced by at least 2K.. just fyi

Old 04-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Are you saying I should be skeptical about their asking price? I would take the vehicle to be inspected before hand. If the inspection comes up in the green I think I'm going to bite the bullet.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...er_id=62393711

That is link. Don't anyone get any funny ideas with this!

Old 04-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by Enik
Let them bother me. I deserve to be hassled for my past stupidity. It will surely be something I look back and laugh about in the future.

That asking price, believe it or not, falls right in between good and excellent for a car of that year and mileage on KBB.
hell yeah you deserve it now but it gets old after a while...

that still doesnt sound right... maybe an 03 coupe or 05 sedan... seems odd but i really dont know...

good luck man hope you can join the teen G family soon lol

Old 04-10-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Beebo
hell yeah you deserve it now but it gets old after a while...

that still doesnt sound right... maybe an 03 coupe or 05 sedan... seems odd but i really dont know...

good luck man hope you can join the teen G family soon lol
Yeah, I received enough heat from the BMW forums

I posted the auto trader link. Do the KBB price on it yourself!

And the KBB link for your convenience: http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions=

As you can see, it's right in between Good and Excellent.

Last edited by Enik; 04-10-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Enik
Yeah, I received enough heat from the BMW forums

I posted the auto trader link. Do the KBB price on it yourself!

And the KBB link for your convenience: http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions=

As you can see, it's right in between Good and Excellent.
it is it is hmmm go for it then

there are not many problems with the 05... Door lock actuators going out and window problems and rattles are just about it. Sucks the car will have no warranty

Old 04-11-2008, 04:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
god damnn why couldnt i find deals such as these when i was looking for my carr,
dude i have friends who work for shops that mod cars just for drifting
and theyre destroyed they're 500 hp skyline's and bmw's even tho they have mad experience drifting
it happen's but uve moved up in the word now that your getting a g35
so be kind to your car and dont abuse it, with km's that high u need 2 be careful and not push it so hard

Old 04-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Didnt the 05's have oil consumption TSB? If so I would be kind of warry about this one. 98k miles, no warranty left. Give it a good solid driving and check the oil before you buy, and be sure to ask the owner if it has ever had the engine replaced due to the oil consumption issue. (And if I'm confused on which years this applied to just ignore me and dont give me too much heat, still learning these cars a bit haha!)

Old 04-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Looks nice man. My personal opinion: By the way he worded his description on AutoTrader, I think you can get him for sure to 15,500. Try offering him 15k and that will make 15.5k seem more reasonable. Keep in mind though, at that price, you might have to outbid someone else too. Either way, it's a great price, I'd jump on it if you're sure that's what you want.

I just picked up my 2008 G35S 6MT Sedan two weekends ago and I'm LOVING it. I had a rental Infiniti about 2 years back, also a G35 Sedan and that's when my love for the car started. Once it financially made sense, I bit the bullet and haven't looked back! That being said, enjoy the car if you end up grabbing it!

EDIT: Why isn't there a VIN provided on the site? I'm sure you know, but just make sure you Carfax this badboy before biting!

Last edited by slyydrr; 04-11-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:09 AM
I read the service bulletin put out by Infiniti and it said only the MT 05 G35's were affected by the oil consumption issue. But hey, what do I know? I'll be sure to check it out. Hopefully I'm going to drive it today, I'll let you know what I think.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:43 AM
mjg
98k in under 4 years. Sounds like the car has been used, and possibly abused. I'd avoid it, and even though you can always get a new engine (though maybe not since warranty is probably over) the car isn't going to drive as new as the engine. Everything in the car has been used way too much in a short period of time, probably been driven all over the place for extended time... Don't like the deal.

Spend a bit more, get an 04 with less miles, or since your making money, spend 25-28k on an 06-07

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking in to several G35 coupe's. Longevity advice?