G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

police decals? who has em?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have read on police forums and my uncle (he is a state cop) says that even if someone has a sticker, it doesn't really influence their decision to give you a ticket. His, and many other officers, mentality is setting a speed in their mind that they will let people get away with and once someone goes past that, they get pulled over and get a ticket. It is then up to them and their police connections to get it taken care of, not the ticketing officer. He says the people he generally only gives a break are retired cops, fireman (as long as the offense is not that bad), and he will issue a warning to those who have not been pulled over for 15 or more and it is their first ticket.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
r u guys serious? You think having a some sort of plate or sticker is going to get you out of a speeding ticket? I have many cop friends and not one would give a break to a speeder, racer or especially a drunk driver, even if you had some marking to say you're sympatico with the police. I know they would give me a ticket if I deserved it and that's the way it should be.

And to put things in perspective, aside from being professional, do you think any cop is going to jeopardize his reliability with the force for someone who has a sticker on his car that says "I support the cops"?

You can swear by some sticker all you like, but the cops I know are professional and will give you the ticket without argument or lecture. It's up to you to go to court to argue your case and not on some side road. If you've done a serious enough offence, they'll haul you're a$$ to jail and impound your car... with your sticker still on it.

Last edited by g35dalf; 04-28-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:41 PM
well yea, i think it will....my dad is a highway patrolman and my brother has a police tag. Well he was pulled over for doing 89 in a 70 on the interstate and the first thing the police asked was how he got the FOP tag. He explained that our father was a state policeman and he said, "There are no exceptions, speeding is speeding.", Well then he walked to his car, walked back, and said, "sorry, i had to turn off my lapel microphone, since ur dad is a state trooper, im gonna cut u a break but slow it down a little bit". So yes, based on personal experience, it does work

Old 04-29-2008, 02:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jthomas_50
that sticker is what police call the thin blue line. it is for active and retired police officers as well as their families. It represents the officers place in the world, seperating the good from the bad.

You got half of it correct. The black portion in the logo represents all of my brothers and sisters who have fallen in the Line of Duty. So unless you're attending a peace officer's funeral, I wouldn't flash it around.

My .02 folks...displaying "I Support Cops" stickers are fine. It is for the public to show off. But when you start displaying the "hidden" stickers and/or plate frames, you're walking on a fine line. Things like the KMA or the Thin Blue Line are things that are associated with peace officers but hey guess what? If you know about, I guarantee the gangster who wants to kill the cop or his family knows about it too. I don't know a single officer than advertises things like that.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:00 AM
I got one on my tags and it works !!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully this helps

Not sure if this will help or not. I'm a police officer and have been one in one form or another for over ten years. The only sticker/emblem/whatever that will even get you close is the "Thin Blue Line" sticker. There are a lot of fakes out there and for a cop of average intelligence it's pretty easy to judge real from fake. In order to get one you are SUPPOSED to show your credentials. Now if you have that sticker on your car you may just get waved on by, or you may get stopped. If you do get stopped you better have a good reason for having the sticker. Either you are a cop or you're married to one. Nine times out of ten if you aren't one of those the cop is going to make you scrape the sticker off and then write you a ticket. Even that sticker won't get you out of the big tickets, reckless driving, racing, DUI. ;-) It's saved me a few times but I don't flash my creds either. If I'm asked I'll tell the officer who I am and what I do, other wise I'll pre-pay my ticket like everyone else. In all actuallity being honest will get you out of a good portion of tickets. On a side note if you are cruising the interstate especially the big ones like I-5, or I-95 *395/495* be careful how many "I support cops" stickers you have. That's a very common thing with drug couriers and a lot of departments train their employees to look for those stickers.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mp5811
Not sure if this will help or not. I'm a police officer and have been one in one form or another for over ten years. The only sticker/emblem/whatever that will even get you close is the "Thin Blue Line" sticker. There are a lot of fakes out there and for a cop of average intelligence it's pretty easy to judge real from fake. In order to get one you are SUPPOSED to show your credentials. Now if you have that sticker on your car you may just get waved on by, or you may get stopped. If you do get stopped you better have a good reason for having the sticker. Either you are a cop or you're married to one. Nine times out of ten if you aren't one of those the cop is going to make you scrape the sticker off and then write you a ticket. Even that sticker won't get you out of the big tickets, reckless driving, racing, DUI. ;-) It's saved me a few times but I don't flash my creds either. If I'm asked I'll tell the officer who I am and what I do, other wise I'll pre-pay my ticket like everyone else. In all actuallity being honest will get you out of a good portion of tickets. On a side note if you are cruising the interstate especially the big ones like I-5, or I-95 *395/495* be careful how many "I support cops" stickers you have. That's a very common thing with drug couriers and a lot of departments train their employees to look for those stickers.
PIG ALERT!

Just kidding!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

License plate for me! I also carry a little "get out of jail free pass" in my wallet. Cops get them and give them to their families. Show that to the officer and they know what it means.

-Sean

Last edited by Nismo G; 04-29-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:55 PM
^^Sick G bro!

Old 04-30-2008, 12:55 AM
how u get the plates and "get out of jail' cards?

Old 04-30-2008, 12:55 AM
Hehe

Pig? hehe, come on now.. Don't hate because I can get pulled over for 110mph in a 55mph zone and get a lecture, and you will end up in jail ;-) HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm kidding bro. Oh and whoever's black G that is in the pic... WOW !! I wish mine was half as nice as that.

Officer Friendly

Old 04-30-2008, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by mp5811
Pig? hehe, come on now.. Don't hate because I can get pulled over for 110mph in a 55mph zone and get a lecture, and you will end up in jail ;-) HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm kidding bro. Oh and whoever's black G that is in the pic... WOW !! I wish mine was half as nice as that.

Officer Friendly
LOL!!!!!!!

Atleast we got a cool officer here.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Lolly Baggins
LOL!!!!!!!

Atleast we got a cool officer here.
unlike the ones that pull me over... do not come to the window, but walk around my car to look for things to give me tickets for and say that's what they pulled me over for

Old 05-03-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't know about a sticker, but I have veteran plates on my G35 and my 200sx se-r and I never get pulled over!

Old 05-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by PPGFREAK
I don't know about a sticker, but I have veteran plates on my G35 and my 200sx se-r and I never get pulled over!
Yeah I got out of a 95 in a 50 with my vet plates (on my old car... going to get them for the g too)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.