G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Top Secret or Ings Replica Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Top Secret or Ings Replica Kit

well from what Wickedik said there is someone already producing this kit in fiberglass and carbon fiber, so i see no reason in relicating it unless evryone would want the kit in urthane, if thats the case i would need 50 people to get this made, so far i got a little over 30 people to respond so its all up to you guys let me know what everyone wants to do

Old 04-17-2004, 12:46 PM

it's all an issue of patents and whatnot i think..thats why you see Katana Wheels rippin off EVERY wheel design Racing Hart ever made

Usually body kits aren't patented and i duno if patents extend through other countries..haha dont i sound ignorant

but yea the ings would go best with white i think and TS is good with darker colors...silver and DG and the other lighter colors wouldn't like TS as much..and yes there is a rear bumper as well as sideskirts for the TS kit...

Old 04-17-2004, 05:23 PM

wickedik,

which company is making Top Secret and INGS replica?

Old 04-17-2004, 05:38 PM

:cough: :cough:

You do realize the Top Secret III office in the U.S. has a full legal team ready to go after any company that produces a "replica" part such as those being discussed. As was previously stated, urethane is heavy and sags over time. It also is NON-REPAIRABLE and needs to be repainted over and over due to flexing.

Fiberglass is lightweight, repairable, and WON'T CRACK unless you plan on mowing over curbs with your car. (in which case, urethane would rip or tear and render the bumper permanently damaged)

Why risk putting on fake kits that I can guarantee won't fit on your beautiful vehicles? That's something I expect of civic owners...not G35 owners.

http://www.topsecretjpn.com

Old 04-17-2004, 06:31 PM

why would you want to pay lots of money to put a front bumper spoiler instead of full new bumper like top secret?

Old 04-17-2004, 06:37 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

i think all aftermarket bumpers should be made with the same material as OEM. I'm assuming oem is urethane? if it is, i don't see how oem bumpers are sagging or is being repainted ever so often.

also, urethane isn't that hard to break. you can twist it in all directions and it will still hold up. my previous vehicle had a urethane lip. paint still looked great after 3 years, wasn't sagging, and it encountered many hits without a crack or anything of the like.

Old 04-17-2004, 09:00 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

You can twist urethane in all directions... and the paint will spider and crack off!

A urethane "lip" will not sag because it is attached to the bumper at mulitple contact points, whereas the Top Secret bumper has a huge mouth for the intercooler which (if made of urethane) could not support itself without metal reinforcements and will eventually sag.

-Justin
RIP '01 GGP Lexus IS300
JDMautoworks Featured Ride

G35C Soon to Come...

Old 04-17-2004, 09:08 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Roo,

I think most people on this forum have the means to purchase the rather expensive authentic TS kit but its the 3 month waiting period they have a problem with (at least thats the case with me).
A "replica" would be produced in the US and be easier to get a hold of.

-Justin
RIP '01 GGP Lexus IS300
JDMautoworks Featured Ride

G35C Soon to Come...

Old 04-17-2004, 10:57 PM

doesn't it take longer to plan and maufacture replicas? how bout he Greddy bumper?

http://www.greddy.com/products/produ...productidx=112

Old 04-18-2004, 09:22 AM

I am interested in getting the top secret replica kit. How long do you expect for production.

Old 04-19-2004, 09:53 AM

LCA575, I think most would not want to purchase the $2500 full authentic TS kit, bulletproof automotive have the T/S in stock, now that everyone knows they have it, we can see how many people want to pay $1100 for a fiberglass front bumper, Most body shops will put metal reinforcements on any type of kit just for the saftey if you were to bottom out,
I personally like fiberglass its alot easier to work with but i dont think its worth to pay $1100 just for a bumper when it only cost maybe only $20 in material

Old 04-19-2004, 01:37 PM

As nismo just said, we are doing our best to stock the Top Secret kits. What he is wrong about is you cannot see how many people are buying them. We sold 7 within the first week they arrived and are now currently out of stock until our next shipment in the begining of May. We understand te issue of stock so we have a very large order of them coming in on the next container from Japan.

As for the bumpers costing only $20 in material, LoL, you're probably right if you're purchasing an UNAUTHORIZED copy or FAKE "replica" bumper....but I assure you that all of the Top Secret Aero parts are made from only the highest quality materials and are PERFECTLY fit for each car. I've pieced a Z33 wide body kit together myself and every single line on the kit fits perfectly and cleanly.

These so-called "replica" bumpers are made from a copy of a copy...think like a Xerox machine....quality degrades the more it is copied. Some of the materials used to make the original Top Secret bumpers in Japan aren't even available in the U.S. which is another reason why the quality will not be the same, and then there is the way they are produced...I don't think I need to convince you that a proper facility in Japan with professionals is going to produce a better product than a bunch of teenagers making copies in their backyard over here.

Buying a fake/copy bumper for your G35 is like taking your super model girlfriend to Walmart to go clothing shopping....

http://www.topsecretjpn.com

Old 04-19-2004, 01:52 PM

the company that i know of do not produce these kit in the US only the mold is made in the US then shipped to japan to be made, this company also guarantee a perfect fit otherwise you get your money back

Old 04-19-2004, 01:56 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

Hey, I shop at WalMart! =) LOL. Anyways, I don't think teenagers are making these in their backyard (impossible) and I DO think you have an agenda being that you work for TS. It would be better if someone that wasn't completely biased posted that opinion because then it would hold some sort of validity. BTW, I tend to agree with you, but your post still comes across biased, nevertheless.

2 G or NOT 2 G, there is no question!

'04 Coupe 6MT: DG on BLK, Prem, Sport, Nav, Custom Tint, K&N Intake/Filter, Gordgee's Grounding Gear SOON!
--License Plate: RANDYS G...say HI if you see me!

Old 04-19-2004, 02:08 PM

topsecret2001 not all replica are cheaply made, i agree that there some replicas out there that are total [censored] which give all the other replica kits a bad rep its all in who is making the kit and if they give you guarentee or money back i dont think you can go wrong IMO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top Secret or Ings Replica Kit