G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe rear spoiler - can't decide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 06:19 AM
MRL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe rear spoiler - can't decide

Do I go with a rear spoiler on the 6MT coupe? My original car choice of diamond graphite/graphite leather no spoiler is nowhere to be found. I have a choice of silver/graphite with or without spoiler. I just can't decide. I originally was not going with a spoiler. It is starting to grow on me. Decisions! Decisions! Why can't life be simple? I had an Eclipse with a large spoiler. The spoiler on the G actually does not look bad. I just don't know.

Old 04-14-2004, 07:10 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Coupe rear spoiler - can't decide

What about getting a spoiler-less coupe and put an aftermarket one? The Impul lip and Gialla spoiler are HOT !!!

<font color=orange>Atco Meet</font color=orange>

Old 04-14-2004, 07:29 AM
MRL

The factory spoiler has the center brake light in it. Without the spoiler the center light is inside the rear window. I have no idea how an after market spoiler would look. Any pictures?

Old 04-14-2004, 09:30 AM

Look in the "Eye Candy" section, and in the "Rides" photos. There are pictures of two that I'm deciding between. The Data spoiler (in the Eye Candy section - I think it's on P2) and the Gialla spoiler (someone in "rides" section has good pics of it - page 3 or 4 I think).

I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Data Systems spoiler (and grille).

You can see pics here , here , or here

Old 04-14-2004, 10:34 AM
MRL

Any problem with paint match? I may be going with silver rather than diamon graphite. I do like the after market spoilers better than the Infiniti but I am worried about a paint match never having done this before.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:01 AM
WRAH

MRL: Paint matching isn't something I'd worry about, but the 3rd brake light is something that may or may not be effected. Some factory spoilers kept the brake light, so they have (4) lights. You can always add the spoiler. What I'd consider is the aero w/o vs aero w. package!

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murray
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash

Old 04-14-2004, 12:27 PM

Here's a good shot on a Obsidian Black without wing but with splash guards:

BTW. You decided to switch colors, but you could try looking around the area for another one. I know some people who regretted not waiting to get the color they first wanted.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

228722-No Wing.jpg

Old 04-14-2004, 12:45 PM

heres my black g with full aero kit

228736-rear.JPG

Old 04-14-2004, 01:24 PM

I have a Diamond Graphite 6MT. Didn't want the factory spoiler, but didn't want to wait. I can't say that I've grown fond of it, but I don't hate it, either. Just grown used to it.

Old 04-14-2004, 01:33 PM
G SQUAD

I had the same dilema... I was originally going to get the spoiler, then liked the clean lines of the car, but then decided that with the splash guards & spoiler, it just gives it a much more aggressive look. It's really up to your personal preference. Go into the dealership and look at both... absorb it in and see what you like better. =)

Old 04-14-2004, 01:41 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Frankly I'm surprised that you are more concerned about the spoiler than getting the color you wanted. I'm sure a DG equipped the way you want it could be ordered.
However, if you need the car now and only BS is available, I understand. I originally wanted a DG w/o spoiler and ended up with a BS w/spoiler for similar reasons.
I think you will be happy either way. The car looks great in DG or BS & w/ or w/o spoiler, in my opinion.
There are now a few after market rear lip spoilers that are much smaller than the OEM spoiler and look better in my opinion. That may be an option you want to consider.

Old 04-14-2004, 01:48 PM

I am in the same boat as you. I actually just bought a DG 6mt without a spoiler. I can't decide if I want one or not. I would probably have gotten one by now if the OEM wasn't so damn exspensive for a mod I am not 100% on. A couple of listers have recommended not getting the aftermarket spoilers because although they are exact copies of the OEM unit the brake light LED are not as quality of a piece as the OEM unit. Can anyone confirm or deny this. Are the LED's on the aftermarket unit sub par? For a couple of hundred bucks its a pretty good buy, but I have always been a believer of you get what you pay for.

Old 04-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Banned

I bought my DG coupe and it didnt have a spoiler...I had the Dealer order one and they painted and installed it when it came in .Do it that way...when you buy the car....you may have to pay extra if you do it after you buy the car and drive it off the lot .Options are usually cheaper if you order and add to the price of the car....and they [ the dealer] would get the paint right

Couldnt afford it when young...gonna play when Im old

Old 04-14-2004, 03:26 PM

I have a brilliant silver/graphite outside right now looking very sexy with the stock spoiler. The car looks amazing at a 3/4 view with the OEM spoiler.

OG 03.5

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coupe rear spoiler - can't decide