G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Soon to be G35 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon to be G35 owner (NEED OPINIONS PLEASE)

Hello everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself here, as I have been doing some looking around the site. I was recommended to check this place out by several people on the WERA (motorcycle racing) site that I am on. I will be purchasing a G35 coupe around the second week in June. I have test drove several different coupes and have visited numerous Infiniti dealerships looking for the right car/price in the souther California area. The one that I have found and really like is a 6-speed black on black 07 coupe with 15k on the clock. They are asking $33k for it right now and I plan on going back there in June to purchase it. $33k sounds rather high, but I would really like to hear your opinions. Also, I have heard that the rev-up models have an oil consumption problem. I will be using the search function more and more, but would really like some updated opinions, as the car is only a year old. My questions:
What price should I target to get the car off of the lot?
Any concerns about this car I should be aware of?
Should I stick to the pre rev-up models?
Anything else you would share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Last edited by true; 05-20-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That does seem really pricey...

What else does the car include option-wise? NAV? Premium package? Aero package? I just picked up my coupe 2 weeks ago, I managed to find a brand new 07 model (still had plastic wrapping on the seats!) that was part of the dealer's unsold inventory from last year and I managed to talk down the price to $29,9. It had NAV and the premium package, no sports suspension nor aero. Hope that gives you a general idea of where the price should fall. For one with 15K miles already, you shouldn't be looking at more than $30K. Also, is $33K out the door price or pre taxes/registration?

I dont think there's any problems with the 2007 models. May have some issues on the window motors though but according to the forum, it plagues a lot of people.

I don't know what's the difference of a rev-up and pre-rev...I am still a noob