G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

04 G35 C 6MT won't turn off even with key taken out...=[???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 03:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 G35 C 6MT won't turn off even with key taken out...=[???

Hi guys,

I have a 04 coupe 6mt. Recently I took it to a body shop to get some bumper rash taken out. After I got it back, the climate/radio control light won't turn on and the brightness dial won't change the intensity of the instrument gauge. Then the weirdest thing happened today. I parked my car and pull out the key and my car was still on.... I tried to turn it off and it wont. Then when I switched the headlight from auto to off with the key pulled out, the car turned off. I repeated this several times and i always get the same result.....

Do you guys think its some wiring that got screwed up when they took off the front bumper? I am still under Infiniti warranty so I think they could probably fix this. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? I am so stupefied right now.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:08 AM
Nin
That is DEFINITELY a wiring problem. I'm a mechanic myself and have never heard of anything like that lol

Will be an interesting car to work on for the mechanic that gets the privelage

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, good luck!

Old 07-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks Nin. yeah I will see what they say at the stealership. It is just weird that I can turn off my car by turning off my headlight.

Do you think an ECU reset will help things? Could be an electronic issue...

Last edited by suxoid; 07-02-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you have any wiring modifications to the car? Especially in the headlight / foglight area?

Old 07-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Nope, bone stock. Just bought a pair of 06 headlights, waiting to take the car in for a full checkup before my warranty runs out so the stealership can't complain. It was a US vehicle imported to Canada so i guess they may have had to add day time running lights. Other than that I don't see any reason that this would happen. Are the wires to the lighting system even close to the ignition?

Oh well right now I can drive around without my key.....it is almost like what they have on the newer G's =D

Old 07-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by suxoid
Nope, bone stock. Just bought a pair of 06 headlights, waiting to take the car in for a full checkup before my warranty runs out so the stealership can't complain. It was a US vehicle imported to Canada so i guess they may have had to add day time running lights. Other than that I don't see any reason that this would happen. Are the wires to the lighting system even close to the ignition?

Oh well right now I can drive around without my key.....it is almost like what they have on the newer G's =D
sounds like the effed up when they wired the daytime running lights

Old 07-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, I would think that there is something going on with the daytime running lights.

When you take the key out does everything electronic still work (like radio, a/c, headlights, brake lights, etc).

When I was working on my independent fog light module I found out that if you don't isolate the fog light wire from the IPDM you can back feed voltage back through the IPDM and keep the ignition powered with the key off.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Its because she thinks you don't drive her enough

Old 07-03-2008, 10:41 AM
With gas running close to $6 a gallon here, it hard to keep my 14 mpg baby going. I think she's gotten fatter over the years.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
extremely weird!

Old 07-03-2008, 11:55 AM
+1 for possible problem with daytime running light wiring.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:07 PM
It drives, but no power anything (steering, brakes, windows)...

Old 07-03-2008, 06:54 PM
If that's true your steering wheel would lock and you'll lose control. I would think it's something with the ignition switch where the key goes. Has the car ever been stolen?

Old 07-03-2008, 06:56 PM
It drives, but no power anything (steering, brakes, windows)...
OK, now that's totally weird. Power steering and power brakes are not electric. They're both run right off the engine, one via a belt and one via vacuum. Is there something I'm missing?

Old 07-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like the igniton switch. I had a 1999 E320 that had the ignition switch go out... The engine kept running with no dash lights, power anything, gauges etc. I disconnected the battery(under the damn rear seat) and still did not shut off. I had to open the hood, remove the intake and stuff the intake with rags to shut it down! To make matters worse...my wife drove it to her office and no one could figure this out so the car ran parked in 108 degree heat out here in AZ for an hour and a half before I got there! That engine was hot!!! I let it cool down reconnected the intake and battery and drove it home that night. A week later we traded the damn thing in for a 2007 G35 Sedan! Our Mercedes started to have the electrical problems, from the ignition switch to the blower motor randomly turning off and on. Sorry A/C must work in AZ! Hopefully you find out whats wrong with your G. I think it sounds like the ignition switch.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 04 G35 C 6MT won't turn off even with key taken out...=[???