G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G or Z? Why is nissan pricing such crap?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2004 | 08:02 AM
|
G or Z? Why is nissan pricing such crap?

i am about to trade in my TLS with i/h/p/SC for a g or a z. i know i can deal on the Z, but if i can deal on a G, then its a no brainer.
i am looking for a g6mt with premium and the perf. 18 wheels/pilots
anyone can give me a price, im in socal.
i will use the lowest price here and go for at least that.
all the dealerships are playing the waiting list/pay msrp game. for a car thats been out for well over a year, this is a big turn off and may change my mind completely if this is so.

Old 04-27-2004 | 09:27 AM
Re: G or Z? Why is nissan pricing such crap?

First of all the 18" wheels and brembo package come standard on G35C 6MT. Also most dealers won't give you much for your aftermarket equipment; you better off returning your vehicle to stock if possible and selling the aftermarket parts. Why don't you sell your car privately (probably because of the hassle, it took me 4 months to sell my '03 Maxima SE 6MT, however that's because I was firm on the purchase price)?

I have recent experience, since I myself am looking for a good deal on the 2004 G35C 6MT. As recommended by fellow org. members work from invoice up; the best deal for me so far was $750 over invoive for a nicely equipped G35C 6MT (however vehicle was sold to another buyer). Also I recommend working with the internet department sales staff. They are more concerned in units sold than actually profit (Of course they will haggle with you on the price). I rather haggle in my nice cooled office via email then at a stealership.

Good Luck

Old 04-27-2004 | 10:33 AM
Banned

Supply and Demand.

<font color=blue>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
Rear SG, Clear Corners
V1
<font color=red>Long Island, New York, USA</font color=red>
</font color=blue>

Old 04-27-2004 | 10:38 AM

My G has the following:
6 MT (Includes Leather, 18" wheels, brembo brakes)
No navigation
No Aero kit
No Spoiler

Pretty much, the most "base model" premium coupe you can get. Window sticker said 34,995. When my father originally bought it (it was his car before I purchased it from him) I believe he got 2,000 off and still had to wait 2-3 months for the car to be delivered. I don't know of too many instances of getting around this waiting period, as I've heard they already have built more G35's than they initially wanted to stateside. Good for them, bad for buyers, because they know the demand on them is really THAT high, so price haggling at a dealership is possible, but going to be quite minimal in reality. Good luck though, and hopefully we'll be welcomin ya to the G family soon =)

2003.5 G Coupe premium. 6MT Black/black
Come join the G35Driver chat on EFnet. Channel name is #G35Driver. Catch me on aim (Xtreme03s10) if you need help setting up mIRC.

Old 04-27-2004 | 11:08 AM

miller has 3 z's for 4500 off of msrp

Old 04-27-2004 | 12:07 PM

I have had my car for 18 months now and the blue book says I have lost a total of $3000 if I were to sell my car via private party right now. I know many people are waiting for used G35C because of Infiniti's poor record in resale value - well folks, it's not happening this time. At that price used you might as well haggle on a brand new car.

Old 04-27-2004 | 12:20 PM

Thats exactly what i've been thinking...I mean you have people on this site trying to sell 03' 6mt coupes for 33-35k...I've talked to plenty of dealerships that can offer me those exact prices...Unless you find a steal for a used one people are better off fighting over a price with a salesperson...Brand new car for same price as used...

Old 04-27-2004 | 12:45 PM
gsg

Yor are correct. The resale value of the G is good. But again that is also due to supply and demand. I've noticed that the used sedans sell for a lot less than coupes. The coupes seem to be holding value.
If all the dealers in an area (ie. socal) are getting MSRP for the new car; a used one going for even $3K less would not be unusual. If you can't affort a new one or need one immediately, used may be the way to go.
The best deals on new coupes seems to be thru Grubbs or other dealers that will do VPP deals. They will truck the car to you. So if you can qualify for one of these programs and are willing to wait for the car, that is your best bet.

Old 04-27-2004 | 01:05 PM

I've had dealers offer me $1k off over the phone without my even asking here in the Bay Area. My Dad walks into Sacramento Infiniti and they offer him $2k off without any haggling on his part.

You're insane to pay msrp in the year 2004 for this car. Simply insane.

Old 04-27-2004 | 02:06 PM

If you can, I would sell your car on the private market as this will only add to more hassle during negotiation. As well you should get more money in your pocket, however it will cost you time. Decision is up to you.

Sounds like your able to get $2K off MSRP based on this forum. To get the best offer I would approach the biggest dealership in the area (highest sales volume; they may be able to sacrifice on price based on large movement). From here make an even lower offer (tell them to remove F/PDI, applicant fee etc...all the fees), however you'll have to guaranatee the sale (eg. no subjects on your sales order..like financing etc...). Sale managers will give you a sure deal cause they know this is an instant cash sale! Be prepared to walk out of the dealership, but I'm sure they'll be calling you back in too...

This is the only approach I've seen done when demand is high relative to supply. I'm in Vancouver BC and I took this approach to get a deal.

Hope it helps. Good luck!!

04 Pearl White 6MT

Old 04-27-2004 | 02:45 PM
gsg

So, elvis, how much did you pay for your car?

Old 04-27-2004 | 05:41 PM

Look at the companies listed on Infiniti's VPP Program. You can join some of the organizations for less than $100. Then see which dealerships in your area participate in the VPP program. The savings on a fully loaded G coupe is approximately $3,000.00.

Old 04-27-2004 | 08:41 PM

I didn't see any obvious organizations on the list that you could join. You have an example of something? I assume that where there are organizations, the assumption is that you are an employee of the organization...

Gary...

Old 04-27-2004 | 08:58 PM

after reading this post, i went to edmunds and priced selling a g. their was no diff for AT or MT

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 04-27-2004 | 09:10 PM
|

if i can deal on a G, then thats what i will probably get.
so, what mods are available for this car? i know about the plenum though i have no idea on the gains, and i know there is intake but that i know is practically worthless.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G or Z? Why is nissan pricing such crap?