G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

For all you origional 2004 owners: What all comes with a coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question For all you origional 2004 owners: What all comes with a coupe?

I'm in the process of purchasing a 2004 coupe from the origional owner and I'm curious how many keys I should get and what kind of key's they should be?

I've heard of valet key's and various other things and I would just like clarification of what I should get.

THanks all

Old 07-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have 1 regular key and fob, 1 key without a fob, and 1 valet key, if you are getting a nav equipped car make sure you get the disc!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:23 PM
The car does not have nav.

Now is the valet key somthing like a credit card or is it a key? And if it's a key where did I hear about this credit card style key?

Old 07-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
New, the car came with (2) keys, (2) FOB's (1) Valet Key. Valet key handle is all black. Valet key allows you to lock/unlock and start the car, but it will not unlock the glove box. There's a switch in the glove box that locks the trunk, so when you park somewhere where you have to leave your key, give them your valet key. This way they cannot get into your glove box or trunk. There is a way to get to the locked trunk through the rear seat back. Read the owner's manual, it's all explained in there.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:35 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
My 2004 Coupe came with the following when brand new:

-2 Fully Functional Keys, each with a KeyFob(starts the car, and opens doors)

-1 Black Vallet Key without a KeyFob that looks just like a regular key only the head is all black plastic instead of having aluminum/reflective coating accents that the normal keys would have(this key lets the user unlock the car and drive it but will not unlock the glovebox, thereby preventing access to the trunk if you have the in-car trunk open switch disabled by the lockout switch which is located in the glovebox).

-1 wallet emergency-lockout card foldout key that you can use to unlock the car in the event that you lose your keys and lock yourself out of your car(opens doors but doesn't start the car).

I also got the following free accessories:

-Black leather-cased(with zipper) emergency medical kit with velcro on the back so it can stick to the sides of the walls in the trunk
-2 Shiney aluminum Infiniti Keychains
-1 Infiniti Metal Pen
-1 Metal Eyeglass-type hinged case containing 1 Metal Infiniti tire pressure gauge and 1 metal Infiniti Pen-Style Flashlight

The car should also come with an owners manual that resides in a black plastic folder as well as a Navigation System users guide which also resides in its own black plastic folder(if your car has Nav). Both of the 2 above mentioned owners manuals(car and Nav) came inside a single leather pouch that opens and closes by Zipper(looks like a smaller version of the medical kit) and velcro on the back so it can stick to the side walls of the trunk.

If you have the Navigation system in your car, it should also come with the Navigation disk(already in the DVD Nav unit).

Old 07-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Thank you partyman, that is exactly what I needed to know. Did everyone not get the emergency creditcard key? Was this an option?

Old 07-31-2008, 01:38 PM
I also got a infiniti coffee mug

Old 07-31-2008, 02:16 PM
There are also two pieces of plastic if you want to remove the armrest and keep the back cubby of the center console with the cupholders exposed. Dont really know why you would do it but one piece covers where the hinges are and the other covers the magnets that hold the armrest down...it has two silver stipes on it...

Old 07-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by zeadlots
Thank you partyman, that is exactly what I needed to know. Did everyone not get the emergency creditcard key? Was this an option?
partyman is right. You are supposed to get the emergency key. If the seller doesn't have, he/she might have lost it. If you really want it tell the seller to get a copy from infiniti, but I don't see any real use for it. I never used it in four years.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:04 PM
I got two keys with my 2004 GCoupe. One was a valet. No key FOB, I picked one up at a Nissan dealership under the table for 15 bucks!

Old 07-31-2008, 10:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Make sure the "feminine napkin" is still in the first aid kit. If not just hope that the reason it's missing didn't end up on the seat

Old 08-01-2008, 03:00 AM
Originally Posted by smokedhen
partyman is right. You are supposed to get the emergency key. If the seller doesn't have, he/she might have lost it. If you really want it tell the seller to get a copy from infiniti, but I don't see any real use for it. I never used it in four years.
Even though it should come with the car, that wallet-key really is useless. For a "Wallet-Key" the thing is unbelievably thick. It's about the thickness of 3 credit cards and weighs about as much as 5 or 6 credit cards. Definitely not something a guy would carry in their wallet unless they want to have a George Costanza(Seinfeld) wallet. A woman might be able to stash it in her purse though, but I'd just as soon carry around the vallet key instead since it's lighter and probably takes up less volume overall and can actually be used to start the car.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Fair enough. Can someone take a picture of the keys all together?? I'm curious what this creditcard key actually looks like.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by zeadlots
Fair enough. Can someone take a picture of the keys all together?? I'm curious what this creditcard key actually looks like.
I will when I get home tonight. Don't get too excited though, it's nothing impressive... maybe I'll post a picture of a hot chick too if you're looking for a thrill.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
mine also came with a spare tire bag, wheel locks, Infiniti key ring (2), infiniti pen, road flare...i think thats it (in addition to all the stuff above)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For all you origional 2004 owners: What all comes with a coupe?