G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need help from the G35 Pros, my G is hurting!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help!

Let me just say first, I love my G35!!!

I bought my 03 G35 6MT w/79K miles about 2 weeks ago. After a few days of driving I noticed that the transmission seemed kinda noisy in 1st gear. I took it to the shop and they informed me that the transmission is going out. So, I bought a used on with 16K miles on it. I also went ahead and purchased a Exedy stage 1 clutch, lightweight flywheel, and new pressure plate (everything should arrive next week).

A few days after that I was backing out of a parking space and realized I had left the E-brake on. I immediately stopped (about 12') and disengaged. When I did the VDC off, ABS, and Slip lights came on. I drove the car home and hopped on the forum and did some research. I checked the brake fluid and it is fine. I then took it to the dealership and they informed me that I needed an ABS sensor $600. I asked them to check the pads and they didnt find anything. I wasnt very happy so I took it to another local infinity dealer and they said it was the VDC controller/module and it would be $1500! Please give me some input.
As I was driving to the second dealership, I had someone following me to drop the car off and they let me know that my brake lights were not working also. I know that they were working before those three lights came on. PLEASE help!

I also noticed that my turn signals did not light up on my dash. The second dealership said that I need a new gauge cluster for another $1500. I said no way, they were just working a few hours ago!!! I also noticed that all of a sudden the electrical memory was not working once the ignition was off (once again something that was working before). My trip odometer resets to 0 every time I turn the car off, the AC resets also to 75 degree and is off even if I left it on when I turned the car off. The degrees for outside temp also starts at like 130 degrees and works its way back down to the current temp. My clock does not retain the time when the ignition is off either.

I am looking for some help from you guys that have had G's since they came out, or you mechanics!!! Also let me know if you know a reputable dealer in th VA/MD/DC area.

Thanks guys

Last edited by pas6201; 08-31-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:19 PM
Have you checked your fuses by the battery? Sounds like your getting some bad advice from the dealers.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by clifftrail
Have you checked your fuses by the battery? Sounds like your getting some bad advice from the dealers.

I checked the fuses and they are all good.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:03 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by pas6201

I bought my 03 G35 6MT w/79K miles about 2 weeks ago. After a few days of driving I noticed that the transmission seemed kinda noisy in 1st gear. I took it to the shop and they informed me that the transmission is going out. So, I bought a used on with 16K miles on it. I also went ahead and purchased a Exedy stage 1 clutch, lightweight flywheel, and new pressure plate (everything should arrive next week).

A few days after that I was backing out of a parking space and realized I had left the E-brake on. I immediately stopped (about 12') and disengaged. When I did the VDC off, ABS, and Slip lights came on. I drove the car home and hopped on the forum and did some research. I checked the brake fluid and it is fine. I then took it to the dealership and they informed me that I needed an ABS sensor $600. I asked them to check the pads and they didnt find anything. I wasnt very happy so I took it to another local infinity dealer and they said it was the VDC controller/module and it would be $1500! Please give me some input.
As I was driving to the second dealership, I had someone following me to drop the car off and they let me know that my brake lights were not working also. I know that they were working before those three lights came on. PLEASE help!

I also noticed that my turn signals did not light up on my dash. The second dealership said that I need a new gauge cluster for another $1500. I said no way, they were just working a few hours ago!!! I also noticed that all of a sudden the electrical memory was not working once the ignition was off (once again something that was working before). My trip odometer resets to 0 every time I turn the car off, the AC resets also to 75 degree and is off even if I left it on when I turned the car off. The degrees for outside temp also starts at like 130 degrees and works its way back down to the current temp. My clock does not retain the time when the ignition is off either.

I am looking for some help from you guys that have had G's since they came out, or you mechanics!!! Also let me know if you know a reputable dealer in th VA/MD/DC area.

Thanks guys
Are the lights still on? Get it scanned and post the code. You might have better luck with an actual trouble code that you can search on. The dealers that are trying to sell you this should have a code. The first thing to do is see if they are even giving you the same codes.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:15 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
eeehhhhh wow!!

Old 08-31-2008, 11:25 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Jesus dude... you bought the car 2 weeks ago and it's doing all this? You should look into your states laws on used vehicle purchases(assuming you bought from a private party), or if you bought from a licensed car dealer.. try to get them to fix some of that stuff. Almost every used car dealer has at least a 30 day warranty on a car that sold for more than a few grand.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:21 AM
I will scan for codes tomorrow! Thanks for the help. And yes I have called the dealership back (in NJ) and he will not fix anything, but he is going to split the cost of a one year unlimited mile warranty. He said I will have to wait 2-3 weeks and then I can bring it in to have it fixed. I hope this works. The warranty company is called continental warranty. Please let me know if anyone has any feedback on them.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where exactly in the DMV area are you? In VA I'd recommend talking to Dave at Function:Tuned in Dulles. He's usually really busy but he could help you out. In MD I'd recommend talking to Chris at Elite Imports in Laurel.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I will scan for codes tomorrow! Thanks for the help. And yes I have called the dealership back (in NJ) and he will not fix anything, but he is going to split the cost of a one year unlimited mile warranty. He said I will have to wait 2-3 weeks and then I can bring it in to have it fixed. I hope this works. The warranty company is called continental warranty. Please let me know if anyone has any feedback on them.
He's going to wait 2-3 weeks? Sounds convenient for him to tell you that so that by the time the 2-3 weeks is gone by, he won't have to worry about having to deal with you trying to force him to fix the stuff under his dealer warranty.. since it will have expired by then. A dealer did that to my brother when he bought a used car.

Don't accept no for an answer from them. If they have a warranty requirement to fulfill, they can't just opt out of it legally just by denying it. Chances are that they are hoping for you to back down. Take a good hard look at the paperwork and see if there really is something in writing stating a warranty that is still in place from them as the seller of a used vehicle.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:09 AM
are u sure the car wasnt a lemon before u bought it?

Old 09-01-2008, 05:45 AM
speak to an attorney... fulling knowing your rights will help you in seeking a solution from the dealer who sold you the car... and if they know that you have an attorney, they will be considerably more cooperative... you really shouldnt be having this amount of problems on a car you just purchased.... good luck...

Old 09-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Just reading through your post again, this completely sounds like a blown fuse or something. Did you check all the fuses under the hood as well?

Old 09-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Update:

I checked all of the fuses today, engine bay and in the cab and they are all good. Let me know if you guys can think of anything else.

I will be contacting the dealership again tomorrow.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you're out of warranty, forget the dealership. You'd be surprised how little they know about their own cars. Head to a private shop.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:48 PM

Thanks guys

Get another G35.

^Best Advice ever.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help from the G35 Pros, my G is hurting!