G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is this TOO obsessed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 02:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Is this TOO obsessed?

Maybe, but I saw a picture of someone who removes their wheels to Zaino their brembo calipers. Now that is obsession.

Old 06-01-2004, 02:21 AM

I guess I don't see how people can be enjoying a car like this if they are constantly worried about rain/chips/whatever getting on it. Guess I'm glad I have a more laid back attitude...it would suck *** to contantly be stressed about what's happening to my car.

Old 06-01-2004, 07:28 AM

have a 'look' at the "obsessed sayer's" cars and decide which group you wanna be in.....

i wouldnt use rags on the finish, (absorber is my choice), but id still say you need to rewash....

guess im obsessed too

Old 06-01-2004, 07:49 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I to would have done the same thing......its in my nature to be **** about my car......always has, and always will be.

Problem with my compulsivness to keeping my finish clean, is unfortunately I probably do more damage as far as swirl marks and scratched because I can not leave anything sitting on my cars' surface for any length of time.

I usually wash my car at least twice a week, mainly because Its not garaged....if it was I probably wouldn't want to take it out in the rain or snow.....so I just can't win...but I love the challenge of keeping my car clean....so yes I agree with you, if you feel the need to clean.......than you just go right ahead.......while your at it...if you happen to see a wet ivory pearl G35, feel free to give it a wipe down.........thanks [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 06-01-2004, 08:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

obsessive is being proud to say that you have never driven your car in the rain.

Old 06-01-2004, 10:43 AM

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.....
Actually quite a few of the people here have nice cars...Couple new Acuras, Crossfire, Escalade....So I wouldnt say it is because they drive crappy cars. I just think since I had the stuff here, and the car is clean under a few drops of rain, why not dry it off and make it look good? It only took a couple minutes and it looked a ton better without the water marks all over it.

04 Laser Red 6MT Coupe

Old 06-01-2004, 01:45 PM

I could care less if it rained... It would just give me another reason to spend my Sat. morning til noon washing my car, CG Quick, microfiber, and absorber. Then clean the interior with some Armor All wipes and a vacuuming at a local gas station.

Then it's PIMP time at night...

<font color=red>Shibal G-Thang</font color=red>
<font color=blue>'04 TB 6MT Graphite: Aero Pkg, Premium</font color=blue>

Old 06-01-2004, 02:18 PM

I'm also obsessed with my G if the weather isnt nice (lots of sun and no clouds) my G stays home where its safe dry and clean. Most of the time I jack my sisters BMW 328 and use that as my beater.

03 6mt black/black
Ztube JWT PopCharger

Old 06-01-2004, 02:43 PM

Hahaha there is a guy on the M3 forum that washes his car every 2 days.

I was my car every 2/3 days and don't even drive it to work =/
I also don't drive it in rain.

Old 06-01-2004, 02:54 PM

If it looks like rain I drive the Honda!

04 Coupe 6MT Laser/Graphite Premium No Aero

Old 06-01-2004, 03:49 PM

I wash mine about once a week since it's black and usually by day two it looks dirty as hell. I don't mind washing it but getting it dried off without spots or streaks is hell. They need to put little drain holes in the bottom of the side-view mirrors and in the Infinity logo in the front grill. Those three little triangular indents hold about a gallon of water.

Old 06-01-2004, 03:59 PM

Saturday: I worked and saw the honey.

Sun: got up early and replaced the stock bulbs with ultinons. Then I doubled up some dynamat in the trunk and footwells. Then I switched the 1/0 gauge stereo power wire to 4 gauge (because I'm only going with 1 amp now), removed the rear coaxials and re-tuned the system. Then I tried to find a couple rattles in the headliner and one in the rear passenger quarter panel. 9 to 4 PM with 20 minutes for lunch.

Monday: got up early again and washed the car. Then I polished about half of the car with the Porter cable (ran out of time and energy. I'll do the other half next Sunday.) Washed the car again to get the polish residue off, and put a nice coat of P21S carnauba. 9-5 with a 20 minute break for lunch.

Old 06-02-2004, 08:52 AM

If it looks like rain I drive the Honda!

Rofl same here.

To the guy that has a hard time with spots on the black car, mine is black and i use the Mr clean spotless car wash and works like a charm, not to mention it saves me time.

Old 06-02-2004, 09:01 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raising all 4 limbs....[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

04 6MTC DG/G/Prm/NAV/C.Crnrs/C.Br/A.ped/Polk/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged/JWT Pop Charger/Z-Tube/Spl.Grds

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is this TOO obsessed?