G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

350z comparison

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
I'm still trying to figure out what you're trying to say... real sports cars won't have sunroofs because of the added weight.
Real sports cars also will not be convertibles because of the rigidity lost by chopping the top.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator
Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Law to the Rence
Z is nice but the G is pure sex
I agree 100% with that comment...

Old 01-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banana republic and the gap is really not the same as a G and a Z. I dont know if banana republic is made the same way as gap clothes. we have cosmetic differences with a z the fact we're heavier/longer car and a bit more "luxury" and that's just about where it stops. look underneath ur car and just about every part in ur car is interchangeable with a Z part, springs are swappable, brakes, engines, most mods, sways, exhaust setups. it mainly comes down to look and yes i do think we look WAY better they have us beat on performance (handling/acceleration/overall "sporty" feel), i just don't like it when people fools themselves and think we're "infiniti" and we're so much better cuz it's a luxury cuz anywhere else in the world it's a NISSAN. just that Americans buy into the whole "luxury" bullshyt. drive ur car and enjoy it, prolly the best bang for the buck nowadays.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Tell him that his insurance rate is the same as if he had a corvette and your saving money for having the better looking more useful car

Old 01-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TwilightBlue
Real sports cars also will not be convertibles because of the rigidity lost by chopping the top.

S2000 & Miata > G35

in the sports car catagory. If you've ever driven an s2, there's definately no lack of rigidity anywhere.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by dwrecckk

S2000 & Miata > G35

in the sports car catagory. If you've ever driven an s2, there's definately no lack of rigidity anywhere.
I had an '03 S2k, sold it, and I miss it hahahah...wanted to get another one but couldnt pass up an '03 G Coupe ($11,999 w/ 56k miles)

Old 01-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by dwrecckk

S2000 & Miata > G35

Is this a joke? My girl had a s2ghey and it certainly does not handle like a true sports car. It may handle well but vert's chasis' arnt as stiff. Vert's are always at a disadvantage because of this plus they have more weight usually because of it.

the fact you even mentioned miata makes me wanna puke. sports car and miata dont go in the same sentence for me.

My idea of a true sports car. No sunroof light weight and a good amount of power. (V6 and up!)

Last edited by 07PEARL6MT; 01-07-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by 07PEARL6MT
the fact you even mentioned miata makes me wanna puke. sports car and miata dont go in the same sentence for me.

My idea of a true sports car. No sunroof light weight and a good amount of power. (V6 and up!)
I don't know what you're trying to say because at the tracks: Miata > all (nothing exotic)

Another notable open top would be the Lotus Elise/Exige

Another would be the Ariel Atom.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
I don't know what you're trying to say because at the tracks: Miata > all (nothing exotic)

Another notable open top would be the Lotus Elise/Exige

Another would be the Ariel Atom.
you were better off leaving it at 40k and under but still wrong.

miatas are buckets. I dont know which tracks your going to or who your going with but thats certainly not what I see. The miata is more of a toy than a car. My E36 M3 spanked miatas all day long. Hell it took out the G too. Maybe thats why it was the 1997 best handling car in America over ferrari and porsche.

lotus come with stock roll cages so thats what your feeling when its very stiff. its not a true vert as only a section is removeable the whole top doesnt retract

and the atom is a over sized go kart its not even a real car lol

Last edited by 07PEARL6MT; 01-07-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by 07PEARL6MT
you were better off leaving it at 40k and under but still wrong.

miatas are buckets. I dont know which tracks your going to or who your going with but thats certainly not what I see. The miata is more of a toy than a car. My E36 M3 spanked miatas all day long. Hell it took out the G too.

lotus come with stock roll cages so thats what your feeling when its very stiff.

and the atom is a over sized go kart its not even a real car lol
Perhaps YOU'RE just a helluva driver. Both the S2K AND the Miata are and have been some of the best bang for your buck verts EVER!! Handling wise, stock for stock, equal drivers, an E36 chassis will be hard pressed to beat either on a road coarse. The G definately won't. While both the Bimmer and G are faster than the verts, those cars handling is rediculous. I had more fun driving my friends S2K around a course than my Z. I was disappointed with the lack of raw power in the car, but handling...WHOA x3. Now, my big @$$ can't fit in a Miata, but on paper, they're beast. Just because you may not personally like a vehicle, you can't discount its performance. I HATE Hondas, but an EK w/H22-T motor is fast as B@!!Z

Old 01-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by driftsucky
Perhaps YOU'RE just a helluva driver. Both the S2K AND the Miata are and have been some of the best bang for your buck verts EVER!! Handling wise, stock for stock, equal drivers, an E36 chassis will be hard pressed to beat either on a road coarse. The G definately won't. While both the Bimmer and G are faster than the verts, those cars handling is rediculous. I had more fun driving my friends S2K around a course than my Z. I was disappointed with the lack of raw power in the car, but handling...WHOA x3. Now, my big @$$ can't fit in a Miata, but on paper, they're beast. Just because you may not personally like a vehicle, you can't discount its performance. I HATE Hondas, but an EK w/H22-T motor is fast as B@!!Z
Not saying they arnt fun to drive. Just when I think sports car verts dont fall under that idea. If I were to think roadster then yea s2k would be a great car (besides the lack of power)

Those cars are also well known for handling just because its fairly easy to drive them at the limit. Especially the miata, if you have ever gone for a canyon run and see the miata guys they fly through that thing at like 90% of what they can do. Most other drivers I see only push it to about 65 70% of the limit.

Im not a big fan of honda either. I respect them for what they are. Hell my girls civic ran low 10's lol and that was with her driving it!

Keep in mind when you compare the E36 to a s2k your comparing a car made in 1992 to a car made after 2000.

oh and just for fun.

Last edited by 07PEARL6MT; 01-07-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
lolz. My buddy Eric had that poster blown up and hangs in his garage and was his desktop for at LEAST a full year.

I'm not trying to devalue the E36. I think it's one of the greatest chassis made (for the "common" man). To me, I guess I lump roadster/sportscar into the same category when they're really not.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by driftsucky
lolz. My buddy Eric had that poster blown up and hangs in his garage and was his desktop for at LEAST a full year.

I'm not trying to devalue the E36. I think it's one of the greatest chassis made (for the "common" man). To me, I guess I lump roadster/sportscar into the same category when they're really not.
well the E36 was bmw thinking about making a car and saying "how can we make the cheapest sports car possible" haha

for the econo box that it is I love that car.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I was shopping for an s2000 first but I'm moving down to socal soon and wouldn't be able to bring all I needed. Then I was shopping for an e36 M3. I figured it'd be the next best car I could buy at that price point with enough practicality, but I couldn't find any impecibly clean ones. Tons were overpriced and almost all would need suspension rehauls til I'd be happy with them. I wasn't about to spend 10k on a car with 100k miles. Ended up with the G35 for a very good price, bought at a private dealer auction, but I know the E36 or s2k would have been much more fun. I think a Miata can outhandle pretty much anything. I've ridden in many highly modded, and I think it even outdoes its older brother the rx7. I also rode in my friend's stock s2000 and it kept up reasonably well on Laguna Seca following our friends modded RHD GC8 STi, no small achievement. All are great cars, most definately.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tell him you can haul 3 girls while he's stuck with 1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 350z comparison