G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Maintenance Packages

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maintenance Packages

When I bought my Jeep Liberty the dealer offered me a maintenance package that was incorporated into my car payment. It was good for 75,000 miles and it included all normal services done at normal checkups; example would be oil change, rotate tires every 3,000 miles, then every 6,000 miles they do major checkup like change spark plugs, fluids stuff like that. It cost me 1,600 bucks. He showed me a scale where normally this would have cost over 3,400. Coming off of my last car that was in the shop all the time I like this deal. Just dropping my car off and picking it up I don't have to hear what I need, I don't have to pull out my wallet it's very convenient. I was wondering if Infiniti had any maintenance packages like this.........

Old 06-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Re: Maintenance Packages

You won't need it with an Infiniti. I realize you are used to being at the dealer once/month with your Jeep but this is no Jeep. Extended warranties are a waste of money with this brand. A package to cover oil changes and 15k, 30k etc checkups will not likely save you a whole lot of money if you finance it in your loan and pay interest on that money.

Old 06-18-2004, 11:10 PM

i took the extended warranty on my sentra as it is only 36k and i now avg 26k per year.

bmw throws in sched maint for warranty period. but i guess they add it into the price. plus they get you used to using them so you continue afterwards. it also makes you feel good, going there, getting a loaner and being treated nice.

service, service, service

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 06-18-2004, 11:43 PM

I heard bmw gives mazda's as the loaner, or a car out of a local rental place :-0.

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 06-19-2004, 08:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The BMW free maintenance [built into car's price] is designed to make sure the car gets thru warranty at the minimal warranty cost to manufacturer but fails soon there after.

You have to work at a dealership to understand, nothing good happens financially for the service department still the customer starts paying for repairs!

Most new buyers are used to dumping the old wornout abused sled at 60,000 miles.

Manufacturers make more money on selling replacement parts than they do on selling the new car! Dealers make all their money on marking up these replacement parts DOUBLE, they just breakeven on the labor of installing them considering the overhead.

Failure to fully understand the dealership economics will cost you big!..........after warranty.

The 30k and 60k services are designed to tide them over till the breakdowns occur.

Old 06-19-2004, 09:03 AM

I don't think you're reading the same forum I'm reading.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...sed&sb=5&part=

Poor gas mileage, window doesn't work and brakes squeak

The butt cushion is falling apart. My Jeeps cushion is a-ok

Uneven suspension, tire wear, damage to rear panel by dealership doing repair work and the G has noisy tires!

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...&sb=5&part=all

This guy says his 30K service would cost him 525 dollars. Someone else said the service in Denver would cost 700 dollars. That would be almost half of what I paid for my maintenance package.

488 dollars for the 30K service what a deal!

$365 for the 15K service! What a deal!!

I'm not asking about an extended warranty I didn't get that. I'm asking about a service package that if you buy it you bring your car to an Infiniti dealership and they give you a group pricing. As I said I paid $1640 for my package and it normally would have cost over $3,400 if bought separately. If you are going to get these services done anyway why not buy it at a discounted group price.

I don't think that Infiniti's cars are free from any maintenance issues. That's why we get a warranty. I don't plan on getting an extended warranty but I will be getting 3,000 mile services and the 30 and 60k services. They sound like they are going to be expensive.........

Old 06-19-2004, 03:38 PM
Z2G

i agree that if you were to purchase a maintenance plan that's added to your car loan, you would be paying interest on top of it and would end up costing you more money. for the routine oil changes and service, i'm sure the dealer quoted you what it would cost you if you paid for those items separately....but probably according to his own dealer prices which are high to begin with. you can always do your own oil changes or go to some place for cheaper. you can also shop around for prices for the services as well.

as far as the problems that you listed above, any car can have problems. and most of the problems listed below were rare instances that were covered under the normal warranty anyways--i.e. the seat breaking apart or the window not working. the complaint about noisy tires is just lame....most performance tires are noisy. if it's that bad, get different tires that are quieter.

also, i can't imagine how the jeep forums would look when it comes to customer complaint about their vehicles. last i checked, jeep has a pretty bad record. either way, if it's offered and you want it, then get the maintenance plan. no need to get other forum member's opinions because most will say that they are usually ways dealers get ppl to pay more money.