G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My G Spanked a M3 today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: My G Spanked a M3 today

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

OK swallow your pride for one second. Look me in the eye and tell me you rather own a G35 then a M3???!!! Are you kidding?

<hr></blockquote>

Respects are earned, not given. Who cares if they really want a M3 but don't want to admit it. Quit being an *** and putting people on the spot. You are just giving
BMW drivers a bad rep. As if bimmer drivers don't get enough hate around the streets. They get their car keyed just because its a Bimmer.

Infiniti G35c's performance might not be up to par to the M3 nor the quality of material used. But M3 owners also have a lot of problems in fit and finish department. Aside from the engine, people have smg problems, weather seal falling off, and dealer abuses their cars. Despite the good plastic and material used in the BMW its not #1 in JD power for reliability.

G35 might not have all that but it is comfortably priced in the mid 30s. The styling is more interesting than the M although stock wise it doesn't quite have the same aggressive look. (In my opinion)

Last time I checked, I am not living in India and we don't have a caste system in USA. Able to afford a more expensive car doesn't make you a better person. We breath the same air, stand on the same ground. You pick a fist fight with 2 G35c owners you will probably lose. (Making reference with M3 = 65k, g35c ~ 33k.) :-P

p.s. No offense to the Indian people here

Old 07-02-2004, 09:06 PM

What cookie said and....

Today on my way home I got behind a 911 Turbo in the left lane. I didn't ride too close, but far enough to take in the full rear end of this wonderful machine. The guy with a male passenger then gets into the middle lane and let me by. As I was going by, he and his friend both give me a thumbs up. I returned the gesture. He didn't thumb his nose or try to race me. He and I both know his car is faster, but he still acknowledged the fact that the G35C is a great machine in the looks and performance department for under 40k. Imagine that coming from a guy with a car that could wipe the floor with the M3 and G35C.

Dahmer,

Once again, my car is stock. Why would I race a M3? I already acknowledged that the M3 is faster. It's the supercharged and TT G35/350s that you need to race and beat. My car was designed to compete with the 330i/330Ci. I owned a E46, but dared to keep it out of warranty. Please don't confuse a person's financial situation by what he or she drives. Some folks here and on Freshalloy have modded their G35 to the point where it exceeded the price of a new M3. The E46 M3 has been around since at least 2001. There are plenty on the road. Do you honestly believe that a guy that buys a used 2001 E46 has more money than a guy that pays $40k for a new G35C? I once read a post and viewed the pics of a basketball star's G35C. I'm sure he could afford anything he wanted. Coming out of an E46, I wanted something never seen before with the performance to match. The G35C is exactly what I wanted. When I drive the G35C for the next 2-3 years and out of warranty, my next car will have to meet the same criteria. That's why thousands of folks from different brands are awaiting the arrival of the GT-R. A refreshing design, power, and Infiniti reliability. If I don't like what I see in the GT-R, then I'll buy the car that's next in the GT lineage.

'03 G35C, 6MT, Black, Pop Charger, 18x8.5/9.5 BBS RGR, 245/275 40 Toyo T1-S, Tein S-Tech

Old 07-02-2004, 09:13 PM

This is in reference to your post about not seeing any m3's and everyone owning a z or g35... Well I live in Beverly Hills and I can go stand on any corner, close my eyes for aminute and open it and i'll bet you anything there will be an m3 driving by me. I see no where near the same amount of g35's and Z's as I do m3's. Hell I see more m3's then i do G35 Coupes, sedans, and Z's combined.

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube

Old 07-03-2004, 09:32 AM

Well that explains it right there. You live in Beverely Hills. A wealthy area. So maybe that is why you see more high end cars???? Maybe a G35 is too mid level for Beverely Hills drivers. I am sure you can count 1000 bentleys and porsches! Or a million mercedes. It is because they cost more and in a affluent community you will see more higher end autos. Come to Central Jersey and you will see a million G35s and Z cars.
I know a car doesn't say how you are financially. Most people buy a car they can easily afford. If I were to buy a car that defined me financially, I would have a brand new Turbo 911. Or a new SL55. Also alot of people spend way above their means. They should be drving a hyundai, but they scrap their cash together to buy a G35. So what exactly is your argument??? Am I saying you have less money then me since I drive a more expensive car? No I am not. I am just saying the higher the price is, the more eclusive they become. You cannot possibly argue with that. A mid 30k car is so common place these days that there are alot of G35 around here. A mid 50k car is NOT common around here. Maybe in Beverely Hills, but not Central Jersey.

2003.5 Jet Black 6spd M3 Coupe
2001 Mercedes ML55 AMG

Old 07-03-2004, 03:37 PM

The higher the price, the more exclusive? Not true in all cases. In the case of Beverly Hills, you have the high money value, but not the exclusivity. I went to a club in Bahrain and in the parking lot were whole bunch of Merc SLs (AMG and non-AMG). There had to have been at least $1m worth of cars in the parking lot. High price, Yes. Exclusivity? No. I guess it depends on where you live. I'm in Chicago, so I see more M3s than G35C. I won't compare Chicago to Jersey, but check your analysis of Beverly Hills and New Jersey. There is more to the equation than money. It's having something that many people don't have. To me, a Vortech supercharged G35C six-speed is exclusive. Yes, it pushes the price of the G35 to almost 50k, but it's also a car that's not too common. One could ask, why not get a M3 and be done with it? There are many reasons, but my reason would be exclusivity. Also, if a guy can scrape his cash together to buy a G35, it can surely happen in the case of M3s. To me, a $50 car is not out of reach to alot of people on this board. Hell, a new Navigator or FX45 cost about that much, LOL. I see quite a bit of Navigators too. The cutoff amount for exclusivity isn't 50k in Chicago, it's much higher. Maybe thats not the case in Jersey?

'03 G35C, 6MT, Black, Pop Charger, 18x8.5/9.5 BBS RGR, 245/275 40 Toyo T1-S, Tein S-Tech<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Deang35c6 on 07/03/04 12:41 PM.</EM></FONT></P>