G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Your experiences with VPP at GRUBBS Infiniti..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your experiences with VPP at GRUBBS Infiniti..

Hey. Just wondering for the people that got their G35 Coupe at GRUBBS, how did it go, what was the process, how long did it take, did they truely honor the VPP, how was the condition of the car and where did it arrival? Is buying a car that you will not see until it gets to you a good idea? Do you sugguest people fly into there then drive it home? This question really for out of state purchase. Please let me know, I'm going to get a 2005 6MT. There is not really a clear dealership around here is taking VPP, and I would rather go out of state to save up to $3000. Thanks for your help.

Old 06-28-2004, 08:58 PM
Re: Your experiences with VPP at GRUBBS Infiniti..

Well I live in Texas and got my G35c from Grubbs so i picked it up, but the VPP process was very simple they just needed like your bussiness car or badge and then the plug in the price of the car in the forumla and get your price, you have to sign like 2 more additionl papers but thats about it, and i got about $3k off MSRP

Old 06-28-2004, 09:53 PM

VPP worked great for me, and I am out of state. Even free delivery (true VPP, not forum member deal). Car was dirty when I received it, but that was due to the shipper not getting an opportunity to clean it at all. Shipped door to door.

Driving it home would be doing some of the break-in, so you would have to fight the temptation to "play".

2004 G35C 6MT, Black/Willow, Prem, Aero, Nav

"Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps." -- Emo Phillips

Old 06-29-2004, 08:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually had a horrible experience. I had hoped it would go smoothly but I was extremely soured by a salesman that repeatedly would not get me the right answers (he'd answer yes rather than asking the right person....I call this lying), and this lead to a situation where all these untruths caused me to book flights when I was expecting to be reimbursed $600 for picking up the car when that isn't allowed on a VPP deal, I had to take the car sight unseen (which just puts the risk on us, the customer if something happens or was wrong with it at the dealer....mine had a panel that had been damaged and repainted somewhere in the build/delivery process), and the delivery happened when I was out of the state despite me being assured by the GM of the dealer it would make it prior to my trip. The GM told me he'd make ammends with some freebies but he failed on that too.

Other than that you probably can't beat the VPP pricing, but you CAN find other dealers out there that will do VPP (Riverside, Dublin in Ohio, others too...you have to ask and use Grubb's VPP deal as a bargaining chip).

I wish I could recommend Grubbs. I wanted to jump up and down about what an awesome experience it was but the sheer lack of communication, the lying by the salesman, and the way the situation was handled has lead me to not recommend them to anyone. I know of at least one other that had a problem and it was handled really poorly. Can they fix their issues? Yes, most relate to poor communication (saleman won't respond to email for fear of putting anything down in writing, poor response to voicemails) and to understanding that internet related customers have to be dealt with differently since we can't walk into their dealer...communication has to be different....from my experience they miss on that big time. If I ran their business it would be managed quite differently.

If you want more details PM me.

With all that said, the car is great and I wouldn't be soured on Infiniti due to my dealer experience.

Cheers!

3 kids, 1 wife....1 DG/Willow G Coupe.....what more could I need?

Old 06-29-2004, 09:57 AM
WRAH

Mine when great! I asked some questions via e-mail. Everything was anwsered honestly!!! Called on the phone, I gave him 1000.00 deposit, and picked out the car on the web. He had it on the car carrier before he got my down payment! I had my car in less then a week of starting the entire process with Grubbs. Ohio to Texas. It was great! I'll buy all my Infiniti's a Grubbs!!!!

They even call and e-mail me from time to time just to see how things are going with the car! Best car buying experience EVER!

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murray

<font color=purple> WRAH ~Scored with G35Girl!!!</font color=purple>
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash

Old 06-29-2004, 11:14 AM
mai

My dad works for DAS, many of you who bought your car in the west side of the US will have a DAS sticker on the driver's side window. Stands for Distribution Auto Service, something like that. And we get to lease Nissan cars for 2 years (used to be a new car each year, they changed it). So we have the VPP program. When we got our Sedan, they would only allow it for the sedan. The demand for coupes was way to popular then so they didn't sell any coupes with VPP. I don't know how it is now or at GRUBBS. But at my dealer, they allow it. But i dont' really suggest you buying the car out of state where you can't pick it up. You never know what might happen to the car during the process.

Old 06-29-2004, 02:43 PM

Here's a cut and paste from another thread:
"Well, I guess I'm the only one here that didn't have a superlative transaction. Even though AVS007 and I live in the same neck of the woods and ordered about the same time, he got his ahead of schedule and mine was about a week late. (Remember all of those e-mails about delivery, AVS? )

My car did have a couple of scratches on the interior in the console and two scratches to the paint where it looked like a chain or strap fell and rolled off the car. It also looks like someone ran two fingers up and down the hood with some force when there was some dust on the car so I have 2 streaks on the hood. I just started to order a porter cable with accessories and I plan on polishing them off myself. The shipping company was kind enough to offer to fix the scratches but there were a lot of hoops to jump through and I wanted to get rid of some of the paint swirls anyway.

After I worked out the deal with Grubbs, I found a buyer for my sedan and told him that he would have to wait a couple of weeks before I got my new car to which he agreed. I thought I was playing it safe because Ralph had told me it would be 10 to 12 days for delivery. It ended up being 3 weeks for delivery and the buyer backed out. I couldn't blame him though.

I then had to relist the car in the paper and autotrader which was over $100 out of pocket. It's been a month now and I still haven't sold the car even though I have it advertised for $1000 less than what I agreed upon with the first buyer.

Danny was great though and refunded my shipping charges ($600), which helps a lot but won't cover the difference between the consequences of the promised delivery and the actual delivery.

The bright side is that I got a coupe at a great price and the scratches will be taken care of fairly easily.

Would I do it again? It would depend a lot the difference in price. Despite the above, I'm still in a slightly better position than I would be if I had purchased locally. I just wish my sedan would sell already. I got the first buyer without trying. I knew that it was going to be much harder the second time around for some reason."

Long story short, besides the scratches, and delay, things went smoothly.

If I had to do it again, I probably would if the difference in price is more than 1K between grubbs and a local dealer.

Old 06-29-2004, 06:10 PM

My wife works at Grubbs, i got a pretty good deal on my coupe. what the heck is vpp? sorry if this is a stupid question.

Old 06-29-2004, 06:14 PM

I don't know exactly what VPP stands for but it's basically a program where Nissan/Infiniti employees as well as certain other companies ('Partners' of Nissan/Infiniti) are given discounts on their automobiles.

Old 06-29-2004, 06:38 PM

VPP = Vehicle Purchase Program.

It is a program by Nissan in which employees, vendors and business associates are eligible to buy Nissan cars at predetermined preferred pricing.

Coupe CB/Willow/5AT/Prem/Perf Tire & Wheel/Splashguards/Alum Pedals

Old 06-30-2004, 05:46 AM
mai

That's how we got our Armada and our G. And before the Armada, we've leased the Xterra, Quest, and the Pathfinder.