G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

need help with my ticket please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help with my ticket please

hey all. I recently got a ticket for crossing the double yellow inbetween the car pool lane. The ticket was complete bullshit as the cop was just out to get me and im gonna fight it , but i just realized something on my ticket. I noticed that for my age and birth date the cop made a mistake. He put me down as 19 and my birth date as "09-13-2004". Now this may mean nothing but i was hoping there were some techincalities that would let me off for him making hte mistake on the ticket. Any info will be greatly appreciated

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube

Old 06-29-2004, 07:40 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: need help with my ticket please

Nope, your not gonna get off for that kind of technicality. Since he had your age right someplace, this is obviously just a simple writing mistake not an error in identifying you. The only way you'll get off with a mistake on your ticket is if it grossly misindentifies your car or where you were driving. i.e. like it says Rt 9 when you were actually driving on a residential street or your car is labeled as a lime green gremlin rather then a red g35. You need to be able to prove that there is a reasonable doubt that it was actually you that the cop meant to pull over.

If you try to fight this on this technicallity, the judge will ask you if it was actually you driving the car that was pulled over and you do not want to lie to the judge. If your guilty, your best route is to always just plea bargin, if its a ridculous ticket it will normally be knocked down to just a non-point carrying offense by a sensible judge or thrown out altogether.

Old 06-29-2004, 08:27 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

Damm that is BS!! Tell him you swerved out of the way because there was a dead racoon or alligator or something You should be able to get out of that easily, the plea bargain will prob just be a slight fine. 50-100$?

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 06-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Banned

i have gotten out of MANY tickets...
if you can go to traffic school, GO!
if not, you MUST fight it. how far away from the carpool opening were you when you crossed the double-yellow?

04/BO/G/aero/splash/prem/perf/cc/22%tint

Old 06-29-2004, 08:35 PM

Heres the exact story of what happened. I had just left vegas and i was going down the freeway at about 85-90 mph. My radar goes off so i slow down to 65 mph and sure enough i pass a cop sitting on the side of the freeway with his radar. About 4 miles down i see the same cop is about 100 ft back behind me, so i move over to the carpool lane and he does the same.

I start to get worried to i cruise control 65mph so the ****er cant [censored] with me, and i can tell hes trying to pace me. Now heres the kicker. Both my friends were sleeping, and both their heads were odwn. SO I put two and two together and figured he was going to pull me over for being alone in the carpool lane.

But he crossed the double yellow and merged 4 lanes over. And i waited until the carpool lane opened up and i merged over and the son of a bitch floors it and comes up behind me from 4 lanes across and pulls me over. I pull over and turn the car off as does he. Then my friends heads pop up and he jumps back in his car and gets on his loud speaker and tells me to exit the freeway.

I thought this was really weird but i did what he said and he claims i crosseed the double yellow. i told him it was impossiblef or him to see that and his resopnse was "i wouldnt give you a ticket for something you didnt do", in which i replied "You jsut did and i will see you in court." he handed me my ticket and that was that.

Old 06-30-2004, 02:08 AM
Banned

i cant stress this enough. NEVER tell a cop "I will see you in court". then they know ahead of time to document EVERYTHING that happened. youre supposed to catch them off guard...

anyways, can you go to traffic school or not? if so, then this is a must!

okay, here is another point. you had two other witnesses in the car. this will win in court, your 2 witnesses that say you DIDNT cross the double-yellow, versus his statement that you did, plus he was 4 lanes over in crowded(?) traffic...
take this into consideration as your major case, if you cant go to traffic school...

so wheres the courthouse?? in Las Vegas?? that means another trip to Sin City! yay!!

04/BO/G/aero/splash/prem/perf/cc/22%tint

Old 06-30-2004, 02:09 AM

my friends were sleeping though lol. they didn't see [censored]. I made a huge drawing of what happened and im gonna use that ot demonstrate it was impossible for him to see wether i crossed ht eline or not. Hopefully i will own him in court, we'll see.

Old 06-30-2004, 07:18 AM

No offense but you really owe it to yourself to read one or more books on how to avoid and fight speeding tickets, especially the chapter on how to behave when you get pulled over.

As for fighting the ticket, GET A LAWYER. At this point all you're trying to do is prevent getting points on your record or getting your insurance dinged. You're gonna pay court costs regardless. If you feel you don't have the money for a lawyer then, frankly, you have no goddam business driving a red sports car over the speed limit.

--Steve

Old 06-30-2004, 10:04 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Now heres the kicker. Both my friends were sleeping, and both their heads were odwn. SO I put two and two together and figured he was going to pull me over for being alone in the carpool lane.

<hr></blockquote>

Here is where you f@#k up. You had more than 2 people in the car. What made you get off the carpool lane?? Fear, anxiety?? If he pulls you over, then you get pulled over but he couldn't have given you a ticket then because you were in compliance with the carpool regulations. The regulations don't stipulate that the heads of the other passengers have to be visible or they must be awake to count.

2004 G35 Coupe/OB/Graphite interior/Premium and aero package/Popcharger/Z tube/Hotchkis sways/Tein H-tech springs/Kinetix plenum/Crawford cats

Old 06-30-2004, 02:19 PM

are you [censored] stupid [censored]? I didnt get pulled over for speeding retard. MAybe if you read what i wrote you wouldnt leave such half *** comments. And trust me, money is not an issue. Im only 18 my friend, the point is i didnt cross a double yellow and he claims i did.

Old 06-30-2004, 02:26 PM

"And trust me, money is not an issue."

Well good for you....

'04 Ivory Pearl G35 coupe 6MT Fully Loaded /w Navigation
Brooklyn, NY

Old 06-30-2004, 05:29 PM

I'm not aware of any "crossed the yellow line" books, but there are several great books with the word "speeding" in the title that would apply to your (mis)handling of the situation. Best wishes in court.

--Steve

Old 06-30-2004, 11:14 PM

there you go again with your speeding... i wasnt pulled over for speeding. The cop caught me at 65 mph douchebag. I got pulled over apparently for crossing the double yellow line between the carpool lane.

Old 06-30-2004, 11:25 PM

where you trying to find the yellow brick road?

Old 06-30-2004, 11:48 PM

No [censored], dude. Can you not see how a book on how to avoid getting and/or paying a speeding ticket could be applied to how to avoid getting and/or paying a crossing the double yellow line ticket? Duh, heelllloooo.

The fact is that you did pretty much all of the things that are considered the BIG NO NOs when it comes to getting out of a ticket. The phrase "I'll see you in court" has got to be one of the singlemost ridiculous things I've ever heard of someone saying to a cop.

Get mad at me all you want, but fact is that if you don't learn how the game works its is gonna cost you money, insurance rates and a few weekends in traffic school.

--Steve

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: need help with my ticket please