G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

1st Ticket today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st Ticket today

I was heading south behind the airport at just a touch over the limit (60)....there are always cops there. I started to let off the gas when my light for turning left (east) turned green. I down shifted to 3rd and hit the turn at 50. I had so much fun in the turn I just stayed on it.....until I saw a motorcycle turn around. I quickly down shifted. Before I knew it the lovely red and blues were on and flashing. He came up to my window and said, "so these handle pretty well uh?". I didn't say anything....just held back my smile. We talked for a minute and I answered the usual questions. He was pretty cool. He walked back to his cycle for a while. He came back and told me I was doing 65 in a 45, but that he only wrote me up for a no front lic. plate.....SSAAHHHWWEEEETT!!!! We talked for another minute and he told me to drive safely.....very cool cop. I was expecting traffic school. So after HID you guys will see me with a front lic. plate {:-(

04' G coupe/TB/Prem/Sport/Nav/35% Tint/Injen CAI/Clear corners/V5 Plenum/GroundingGear/Nismo caps
Plates: 1REVER1

Old 06-30-2004, 12:24 AM
Re: 1st Ticket today

wow dude you really lucked out. I on the other hand got a ticket for something i didnt even do. I hate crooked cops :/

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube

Old 06-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH

Just co-operate with the nice officer...
Apologize...give him your dl, reg, and insurance...most of the time they'll let you go...

Argue with him/her most likely you'll **** them off...With our G's, they're usually wanting to stop us just to check out our rides!

bobs - good job man =)

Old 06-30-2004, 04:16 PM

lucky, as long as your cool with the cop it usually works out

Old 06-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My frist time pulled over was about a week ago. In texas in ur first year of driving (i turned 17 today) the laws regaurding tickets are a lot more strict. A lot of my friends have lost their drivers licenses for 6 months due to 3 tickets in their first year of driving (they always take em on 3 and CAN take them after 2). Well i went about 11 months and 3 weeks before getting pulled over for the first time... and mine was BAD lol. I'll start from the beginning.....

Huge circle turn from a stop sign onto a road with speedlimit of 45 mph. The turn is more than 90 degrees.. (it kinda makes a semi-circle). It was a little wet out and so i hit vdc and went around it at about a 45 degree angle, tires screaming, wth the car very sideways.... i had my friend in his m3 behind me and i pulled back straight (this was on a tar/ rock road where its realllllly slick when wet) and then i preceeded to redline through 1st, 2nd and got up to about 75 in 3rd before having to pull into my neighborhood that is about 3/4 of a mile from the turn that i just pulled a huge drift on. I didnt signal turning into my neighborhood and as soon as i pulled in my friend called and said "ur about to get pulled over". I lookin the rear view and as soon as i did the lights came on. There was a slick top constable sitting in this gas station RIGHT BY THE TURN!!! he flown past my friend's m3 and lit me up.... I didnt have my insurance on me (car was only about 3 weeks old and i didnt hav4e my new slip yet) and i didnt have a front plate on my car (friend with sc300 got a ticket for that not too long ago). The cop walked up to my window and says "is there any reason ur actin like a jackass and spinnin ur tires son?"
i responded "no sir none whatsoever" he took my drivers license back to his car after i told him that i didnt have my insurance in the car but that the car was insured. He came back from his car after checking my DL and shines his flashlight on my radar detector (which did not go off during this phiasco). he said "now i dont normally let NO one go with one of them in their car, but i didnt need my radar to bust u tonight; im gonna let u off with just a warning". It wasnt a written warning tho.... just a little slap on the wrist. Most cops around here if they give warnings, give written ones (especially to kids) because they actually show up in th computer system the next time that u get pulled over... just like a ticket except u dont pay or go to court for them. My friend in the m3 was a little pissed since he has been pulled over twice for speeding and only going 10-15 mph over the limit in 45's and gotten tickets both times. HAHA i guess i just got super lucky.... Actually.... the constables office has cops that patrol my neighborhood (residents pay an optional fee for this service), so im guessing the cop prolly realized that i lived in that neighborhood and didnt want to ticket the child of someone who pays a part of his salary. Whatever the reason was.... im so glad cause my dad said that i lose the G for a MINIMUM of a month if i get a ticket, and for this ticket i think that he prolly woulda kept it longer since i was almost doubling the speedlimit and getting hte car almost totally sideways...

i havent done any fishtailing/drifting since the ticket and havent really take off in residential areas since then tho.... i guess the cop did his job (keeping kids safe). the only place i speed now is on the tollroad too and from my work... i prolly cruise along at ~100 average on that road, but my radar picks up cops pretty wel on it, so i dont worry too much... if i go to work after 7 or leave before 7 tho i can only go about 75-80 since there is traffic

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... <3 aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. From down south, houston tejas