G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

This happen to you guys too?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 06:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This happen to you guys too?

Whenever I go out, people yell across like 2 lanes of traffic at red lights asking about my car, they ask me to pull over to look at it. Hell, if i goto the shopping mall, i'll usually have somebody follow me in and start asking questions....i leave and com eback, there's like 2-3peopel looking at it.
I went to the liquor store down the hill, some guy in a trans am, did a u-turn at the light, followed me in, and begged me to sit it in and hear it (he was thinking of buying 1 too).

This happen to you guys when u go out?

www.ironpumping.com
^^Bodybuilding Made Simple

Old 03-28-2003, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: This happen to you guys too?

No, but try this...go to a cafe and park where you can sit and watch your car. See how many people walk past your car, look inside, etc.

G35c 6MT/BS/G/Prem/Aero/Nav

Old 03-28-2003, 06:18 PM

people dont yell at me but every one looks at it lights it kinda freakes me out i guess its time for window tint!!! At gas station some times people come up to me and ask questions so now i try to aviod gas station with lots of people. O well its all worht it for the G

Old 03-28-2003, 06:22 PM

haha ya happens all the time. Or I get on comming traffic honking at me while I'm at a red light.

It seems like everyone has thought of buying a g35coupe too. I get this "what is this an Acura?" or "I might get one" or

person -"tite car, what is that?)
me - "infiniti G35"
person -"wow I've never seen one before"
me- "really?"
person - "ya I was thinking of getting one"

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem

Old 03-28-2003, 07:19 PM

I think debadging mine made it worse. Now more people seem to be asking who makes it. More women that guys. The percentages seem to be almost split down the middle for guys and gals. The other day I parked it in front of the grocery store and there were 4 people including the security guard standing around it. That used to be me so it feels real good. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 03-28-2003, 10:45 PM

All the time man..

I go to college in downtown SF Cali. I use to park it across the street. When I stand outside during break for a smoke. I see everyone walk by just stand in front of my car and STARE. But the funny thing is theres porsches and M3's in the same lot.

One time I was inside starbucks, and my car was outside.. Everyone who walked passed it looked at it and slow down to like 0.001 mph . haha very interesting. I havent had people approach me much, but thats good because I dont have anything to say about it. haha..

I always get a heads up from another G35 driver and I return that gesture. Funny though, I dont really see this car around??? People are afraid to drive it out or something? I know there are plenty of people who bought it, but I haven't seen you guys. Whats up with that? hahaha.. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>G35/Skyline 350GT Coupe
Silv - Graph - 6MT - Aero - Prem - Naviless</font color=blue>
[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2003, 11:54 PM

Yup,

I get teh same things happening to me also! People stop talk to me and want a look inside.

Old 03-29-2003, 10:56 AM

You know, nothing like that has happened to me yet, and I'm kinda mad! It's probably because I really haven't driven it much except to and from work, and the weather here in Chicago is still pretty crappy. Hopefully things will change - I wouldn't mind the attention! ;-)

Old 03-29-2003, 11:41 AM

so is it the car or the driver everyone is looking at?
i take this all as a compliment. i once almost had a girl twist off her neck and get into an accident looking at my car.......or was it me????? LOL

Old 03-29-2003, 01:09 PM

it was the car, haha

www.ironpumping.com
^^Bodybuilding Made Simple

Old 03-29-2003, 02:03 PM

Yep, sorry, have to say it's the car.

This G35c has a "Babe Magnet" factor that is several orders of magnitude higher than anything I've ever owned before. In fact, the only time I can remember seeing a girl nod her head in appreciation at a car I was driving was back in the mid '70s. I was driving a white, with red & blue pin stripes, '73 6.6L Grand Am. That was the year the GA had that big flexible nose you could hit with a tire iron (as they showed in their advertisements). I.E. Boat bow up front and boat tail in back.

Now with the G35c, the women/ladies/girls are really taking notice.

One girl almost killed herself. I was coming down an on ramp to I85 in Greensboro, NC when a girl drove past the ramp at ~70mph. She physically turned around in her seat about 160 degrees. Fortunately she snapped back around just as she started drifting onto the ramp in front of me.

A couple of girls in a green convertible yelled at me just as I turned down a side street. (Bad timing there.)

I was sitting at one of my favorite stop lights when a lady drove up behind me in a Cherokee. The reason I like this light is that the turn to the left is large, sweeping and downhill. (This is where I figured out that the VDC is interferring with my fun driving the G.) I'd turned the VDC off and put the G in "Manumaniac" mode. Got the left green arrow and launched her down and around the turn. I could swear that I was doing 60mph in less that 4 seconds. That was including a shift into 2nd gear. (Doing the same manuver with VDC on causes a brake pulse just before I can shift up into 2nd. I thought it was the rev limiter until I discovered that if we do have a rev limiter, it's set somewhere above 6700rpm.) As I went up over the hill and through the next green light I saw the Cherokee doing her best to catch up. I guess she got excited by the little show and wanted a closer look. Needless to say I slowed down so she could get a good look. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sitting at any drive thru is the best. The ladies do like to come up and tell me "Your car looks (great, fast, sexy, etc..)". One lady actually walked by and said "<font color=red>You're</font color=red> good lookin'". That doesn't happen! Proof that it's gotta be the car!

With this kind of attention, who cares how many guys ask "What is it?". Who cares about the smiles, nods, thumbs up, honks and headlight flashes one gets if the driver is not of the female gender. (Ahh, ok, I do enjoy all appreciative gestures regardless of gender. Except when said gesture causes the driver to drift into my lane! Haven't gotten any X-rated gestures as yet. No jealousy or prejudice problems encountered so far.)

Any way, is it any wonder that I've put more miles per month on the G than I have on any other car since my '94 Towncar (when I still visited the parents for the holidays)? [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Screamin' Daemon - L5AT

Old 03-29-2003, 02:26 PM

My encounters are similar to suprhulk. I've had many women walk up and tell me its a great car. They'll ask things like "Whats it like to drive MT's car of the year? I love the coupe. Can I sit in it?" The funny thing is my wife has been in the car most of those times. She laughs and gets out of the car so they can sit in it.

G35 Coupe
6 MT
Lazer Red
Prem/Aero

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by SBoden on 03/29/03 11:27 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 03-30-2003, 01:50 AM

When I was in florida for spring break, I woke up one morning at the hotel and looked out where my car was parked. These two guys had driven up, parked next to my car and were giving it the once over. So we watched them check it out for a while, then they jumped back in their car and drove off.

Old 03-30-2003, 05:11 PM

I get a lot of rubbernecking, stares, and questions but mostly from guys. I was washing my car the other day and a dude came up to me and after gushing over the car for a few minutes he gave me his card and asked me to call him in a few years when I sell it...haha