G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Front left side. Noise steering left

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front left side. Noise steering left

I have recently bought new tires. The noise started after 2 weeks on the spare donut tire. Evry time i steer the wheel slight left it would make a sound like its rubbing agaisnt something. Whenever I steer the wheek riight it would make no sound. Any ideas???

Old 06-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
are you riding on a spare tire?

Old 06-14-2009, 12:36 PM
I replaced the spare two days ago. The noise started coming towards the last few days of riding on the spare tire. Hoping that getting a tire asap would fix the sound, and now it makes the sound every-time the wheel is slightly turned left. Steering right, there would be no sound.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
did you replace only the left tire? is it the exact same brand/model/size as the other tire?

Old 06-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I feel a visual inspection by you would yield much better results than us throwing out guesses.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:39 PM
yes I replaced the front left with the right tire size.

Today it started off driving with no sound for about 10 miles. Then the sound started coming back agian, tho whenever i steer right the sound goes away. While driving it sounds like its rubbing agisnt something but turning right it doesnt?

Could it have spmething to do with ny brakes? Something being loose? Because it did have to adjust to the spare for two weeks.

Please help thanks everyone

Old 06-16-2009, 09:03 AM
seems like no one here knows whats wrong.

Where are the best auto checkups? And cheapest offers?
(autozone, advance auto parts, local autoshop, etc.?)

Old 06-16-2009, 02:01 PM
could be the tire is mounted backwards on the wheel if it's directional, though I'd assume this would make noise all the time, not when turning

Old 06-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Final Description:

Today the same thing happened, the noise/whistle wasn't there for the first few miles of driving. Then all of a sudden you could barely hear it, and then it got louder as I continued driving. It sounds like a whistle/squeal/rubbing against something/griding sound.

I am at 22,800 miles haven't changed a pad or rotors.
I relieze that the sound/noise came right after I noticed that I had to press down harder on the brake, while it driving on the spare. It's just really strange that whenever I turn the wheel right, the sound will go away.

Could it be my brake pads need to be replaced?

Old 06-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by elayman
could be the tire is mounted backwards on the wheel if it's directional, though I'd assume this would make noise all the time, not when turning
Thanks man for the reply.

I don't think that could be it because I had just got my new tires changed at townfair tire. This sound started coming towards the last few days of driving on the spare. Hoping that the sound would go away if I had my orginal wheel back on, I got a brand new tire, however the sound never went away.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:19 PM
have you inspected your suspension on that wheel for damage? I would assume if the sound was happening reguardless of the wheel/tire, it would have to be something w/ the suspension

Old 06-16-2009, 02:51 PM
have you inspected your suspension on that wheel for damage? I would assume if the sound was happening reguardless of the wheel/tire, it would have to be something w/ the suspension
I have checked the suspension, everything looks right. Earlier today I took the wheels off on left and right side(front) and inspected the pads. They seem very thin and I could see some rubber hanging off the sides.

It seems like if the rotors are not hot yet, they make no noise. With continued driving, the whistle seems to come.

What I find the strangest part about all this is, Why can I drive a few miles with no sound or anything? Then all of a sudden the sound would come as soon as I keep driving, braking, small bump and would persist.

It is really getting on my nerves...

Old 06-16-2009, 05:27 PM
try changing out your front pads and see if that fixes the problem.. they sound like they need to be replaced anyways.. you can pick up a set of Hawk hps pads online for pretty cheap. I paid ~$40 for mine on ebay =]

Old 06-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
womp womp, id have to hear teh noise, but i had a similar prob. with my 03-6mt in 2005 the more i turned i think it was right the worse thenoise got and it only did it and i had been driving and everything warmed up(brakes and such) the dealer said it was the tires but ended up having to replace both front hubs (bad bearings). and if you had a spare on for an extended periond of time, im sure it woudl cause some extra stress on your hubs. which may inturn cause a bearing to go bad. wouldnt surprise me. but should be coverd for free mine was.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:12 PM
try changing out your front pads and see if that fixes the problem.. they sound like they need to be replaced anyways.. you can pick up a set of Hawk hps pads online for pretty cheap. I paid ~$40 for mine on ebay =]
I noticed that if i lightly tap on the brake pedal the sound goes away.

04 G35 idk if their brembos doesnt have the name on there. Will the hawk hps work? Thinking going to autozone tomorrow and getting some brake pads. Heard expensive vs cheaper ones dont really make a difference.

Are changing the pads hard?

Really sucks how these problems come up a month after my warranty expired.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front left side. Noise steering left