G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OEM Spoiler Install at Dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM Spoiler Install at Dealer

I'm entertaining the thought of getting a spoiler for my G.
I've always like the OEM and the Impul is growing on me very fast. I really dig the lip.

I called the dealer that sold me the car. I talk to the service manager and he tells me he'll cut me a deal. I brace myself and prepare to mentally LOL and his "deal"

He tells me he can give me the spoiler at $525 and labor would be $120. Total would be $645 without tax.

I need to know how much an IMPUL spoiler install would set me back. That's the impul lip, color match and install. That way i could make a better decision.

BTW, i live in SoCal so any suggestions for a shop would be greatly appreciated. I'll buy you boba, large with tapioca. Hell, i'll buy you Hooters wings also.

Thanks in advance

| 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Premium Pkg | Navigation |

Old 07-20-2004, 03:19 AM
Re: OEM Spoiler Install at Dealer

Just a quick heads up on the OEM Spoiler, just in case you end up going with it... I had specified the OEM from an Infiniti Dealership (name with-held) and the day I went to get it installed I talked to the sevice manager and asked if I could see it before they installed it... He said it wasn't there yet, but it would be there later... I had heard they have people come and install the aftermarkets, so I wanted to make sure it was going to be OEM... He checks the paper work and it was an aftermarket... He states, "You won't be able to tell a difference though... Nobody has so far..." Hmmmm...

I ended up waiting another 3 days for the OEM... Even at that I didn't feel 100% comfortable until I saw the new defusers underneath with the Nissan stickers on them..

I normally wouldn't say anything cause I'm not one to go out and bad-mouth businesses, but I saw you were in So. Cal, so I thought there might be a possibility you'd be going to the same place as I did...

btw, I'm so glad I went with the OEM... Then again, I've really liked the OEM spoiler for the get go... I really can't see any other spoiler on my car now...

Risingsun124...

2004.5 G35 Coupe / 5AT / Black/Black / Premium / Nav / and some other goodies...

Old 07-20-2004, 04:23 AM

i have the impul spoiler. i really like the look of the spoiler. i got my wing for 400 and paid 180 to paint my illusions front lip and impul wing. i have heard you can get the wing painted alone for about 80-100 bucks. the install is super easy.ill even install it for you if you are willing to drive out to mission viejo or irvine. i have installed the wing quite a number of times so i have already learned the tricks to aligning it properly. i think the hardest part about the wing is actually geting it. as i recall not many people sell the wing and not many of them stock it either. but that can be good and bad i guess. more exclusitivity imo. but still u need to decide which wing suits u best. one thing to remember. if you decide to get the oem wing, u will have a 4th brake light. another option u may want to consider is the oem style wing without the led brake light. although it is aftermarket and only available in fiberglass and carbon fiber at least you won't have extra lights on the back. also once it is painted, who can tell? i can understand not wanting the aftermarket oem wing with led as the led looks different. but if you are going aftermarket might as well get it with out the led. oh and btw the fiberglass ones are about 125 locally and paint and install should be around 180 (im guessing on the paint and labor)

Old 07-20-2004, 04:43 AM

Does anyone have any pics of the impul spoiler on a black g35? thanks inadvance....

Keith G