G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

63 in a 40 'reckless op' court results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 63 in a 40 'reckless op' court results

You haven't been around on this forum long enough to appreciate, but there have been much too many posters that boast of street racing, trying to reach top speeds on public roads, ranting about the police who are doing their jobs, or boast of having gotten off of a ticket. Those imbeciles may not be physically pre-pubescent, but they sure as hell act like one. As eye-catching as the G35 is, many cops (and the public) have profiled the car as one driven by irresponsible *********. The consequence is that all of us in the G35 community have to deal with the unwanted notoriety. With your college degree and previous experience hitting a kid (it doesn't matter who was at fault because kids will always be kids), I would have expected better than to have you boast about getting off of a speeding ticket. If you want to test your newly acquired supercharger, then do like the rest of us do, and take her to the controlled environment of a race track.

RainMeister
'04 G35C 6MT, diamond graphite, premium, nav, aero

Old 07-20-2004, 07:28 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

You haven't been around on this forum long enough to appreciate, but there have been much too many posters that boast of street racing.... <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

You've been registered for 1 month longer then me! Driving a car like it is meant to be driven isn't 'pre-pubescent.' These cars are built to be driven hard, thats why I bought a G. If I wanted to go the speed limit I would have saved 20gs and bought a Civic.

I think it all depends how into your car you are. Some people just get a thrill out of driving hard, not necesarrily even speeding.

The problem with the G is that when you're going 60 you feel like you're going 40. And when you've going 140 it feels like you're going 80. The car is just too smooth to tell much of a difference.

My intentions of starting this thread were not to boast, but to merely inform the forum the outcome of MY court case. I would have posted the results reguardless, just so other members know what to expect for driving the car like it is meant to be driven. I just happened to get lucky, thats all.

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
AIM: KPiersonTec
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod
Procharged / Crawford / TS

Old 07-20-2004, 09:27 PM

Wow it sounds like RainMeister is either a CHIP or Georgia State Trooper or a retired one. I worked with such fine people before but the best statement which shows you how messed up these people are was this:

If they have a nice sports car there a bunch of AS&*oles and can afford the ticket. Nice!! Also CHIPs have there own magazine published once a month which goes to active or retired officers which we dubbed Road Kill because every 5 pages showed you a victim of drunk driving and the blood alchol content of the driver.

I tried to fight one ticket once and that was for running a red light which I didn't. I show up to the courthouse and watch the cases being worked and having a last name that started with a V, I was the last case for the night.

My cop showed up and the courthouse also had a prosecuter. The Cop was questioned first and got in trouble with the judge when he started yelling at me for showing up and claiming I endangered hundreds of lives(There was a fair in town but that night it got rained out so I didn't endanger anyone) The judge told the cop to shut up. I got to ask some questions to the cop and the prosecuter objected to one of my questions which the Judge agreed on but they both told me how to repharse it correctly. I was put on the stand and I told them my version of what happened and I was careful not to say anything mean about the cop. Here is another plot twist the light in question was right next to the courthouse so the Judge asked me where I was when the light turned Yellow. He then pulls out a calculator and starts crunching numbers for a few minutes and then rules that I had 17 feet to spare and I could have stopped in time.

I shake hands with the cop and tell him no hard feelings and I go to pay and wham my 80 dollar ticket turned into a 160 dollar ticket because of court fees.

Okay sorry for the long winded story but I don't think going 63 in a 40 is reckless. Maybe doing a 100 in a 40 zone is reckless but most speed limits that are not in a school zone or a residential area are set to low.

Old 07-20-2004, 09:51 PM

Can't we just have a poll to terminate the users who annoy us. Obviously Kevin has done more than most of us will ever do for this forum and g35 owners.