G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Question on OEM Aluminum pedals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on OEM Aluminum pedals

I ordered the 6MT OEM aluminum pedal kit from G35parts and it came with no instructions. The kit itself came with 2 bushings, both have different part numbers. I'm unsure of where those two bushings go.

Thanks.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Bushing? If I recall correctly, when I installed mine on my '04 6MT, the only hard part was getting the new pads to slip on over the metal plate for each pedal, because the rubber backing was really stiff and inflexible and it took quite a bit of effort to work them onto the pedal plates with a screwdriver. I don't remember using any bushings of any sort during the install, although I think the gas pedal had a clip or something that you had to use to secure it to the rod that the gas pedal mounts to.

Got a picture of what you're talking about?

If you don't figure this out, I'll poke around at home and see if I still have the instructions that came with my pedals... I know I kept the box that they came in and I have my original pedals in there. If it came with instructions, they will be in that box.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:39 PM

Camera phone, pic quality isn't real good

Old 06-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Mine didn't come with any instructions either, but I do have that same little plastic bag with the same exact part number in my box of old parts... as well as another bag with 18014-AB000.

Those black pieces are for the new gas pedal to attach to the gas pedal rod. If I remember correctly, there is a little "L" hook on the end of the gas pedal rod, and it goes into that circular plastic piece from your bottom picture, and then there was a clip or something that mounted to on the back side of the new pedal that it either snaps or slides into(can't remember exactly). The little clip piece in your top picture is what fastens the top part of your new gas pedal to the gas pedal rod.. and it just snaps over the rod and into the plastic rib on the back of the new gas pedal.

To sum it up:

Your new gas pedal is connected to the gas pedal rod by 2 parts, the part in your top picture connects the top portion to it.. and the part in your bottom picture connects it to the bottom of the rod. You need to connect the bottom part first when installing it.

Here are some pictures of the stock gas pedal when it is removed from the car, so you can see what I'm talking about:

Old 06-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by scrapiron7

Camera phone, pic quality isn't real good
first pic should be the clip holding the top of the aluminum pedal to the accelerator rod (dont know the correct term). clamps it down and holds it in place. with the OEM non-aluminum pedals (as posted above)... the clips are part of the rubber mold. the aluminum pedals are separate.

the second pix should actually be connected to the bottom of the aluminum accelerator pedal. the "accelerator rod" slides in, flip it upwards, and then secured by the clip from the first pix.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:15 AM
Thanks guys. I will be installing them tonight after work. Appreciate the clarification.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by scrapiron7
Thanks guys. I will be installing them tonight after work. Appreciate the clarification.
Make sure you heat up your new pedals with a blow dryer on hot, or give it some light exposure to a heat gun.... the rubber is really thick, and you'll have a hart time working it onto the pedals if they're not heated up.