G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Iron-Mike on BLAST - where is my refund?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow this is still going on? wtf lol

Old 08-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by blaccG35
^thats the thing...ppl want the pay in full not a deposit before they even start their services most of the time
I totally understand that too, thats why services like this through the internet is so tricky. But if both parties manages to work out that kind of a deal that would be awesome, a signed contract or work order by both parties would be helpful too...

Old 08-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PPGFREAK
Wow this is still going on? wtf lol
yes, unfortunately it is. go ask your BFF.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:40 PM
was this a light sold on the forum?

Old 08-16-2009, 12:06 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
^ yes it was

Old 09-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Old 09-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^^
Damn this dude sure know's how to fvck people over.

He mad a good 4k off of scamming ppl. smh

Old 09-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Still waiting I take it?

Old 09-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Driver needs to check the credentials of potential sponsors before they take the vendor's money... I know some of the vendors on here have been here a while and are well respected, but sorry, I'm sticking with the vendors that actually work for the shop, not the ones recruiting friends as vendors to help them sell, or another member with an idea they think they can make money off of, etc. Shops actually have a business license and a reputation to uphold. IMO, spending money with other vendors is worse than buying from random people on ebay - you never know what you're going to get. At the least, do business with them in person, have a chance to talk to them face to face...

Last edited by dofu; 09-03-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
Driver needs to check the credentials of potential sponsors before they take the vendor's money... I know some of the vendors on here have been here a while and are well respected, but sorry, I'm sticking with the vendors that actually work for the shop, not the ones recruiting friends as vendors to help them sell, or another member with an idea they think they can make money off of, etc. Shops actually have a business license and a reputation to uphold. IMO, spending money with other vendors is worse than buying from random people on ebay - you never know what you're going to get. At the least, do business with them in person, have a chance to talk to them face to face...
+1 to everything you said...

Old 09-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Some advice I'd like to share with you guys through my experiences with buying from members on forums.
1. try to deal with locals only - easier to communicate and if they screw you you can hunt them down

2. before sending any money or dealing with someone, do a google search on their paypal email address or forum aliases. If they have a bad rep then chances are you'll get hits on it.

3. if you do have a bad experince with a user then include their paypal email address as well in the body of your post so others can search it.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by kpdoughboy
Some advice I'd like to share with you guys through my experiences with buying from members on forums.
1. try to deal with locals only - easier to communicate and if they screw you you can hunt them down

2. before sending any money or dealing with someone, do a google search on their paypal email address or forum aliases. If they have a bad rep then chances are you'll get hits on it.

3. if you do have a bad experince with a user then include their paypal email address as well in the body of your post so others can search it.
4. If they have a number, call it.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:50 PM
he was actually a private seller not vendor. he had some awesome work that other members posted and because DRIVER is pretty much run on Reputation, i went with that as "credibility".

Originally Posted by kpdoughboy

4. If they have a number, call it.
^all good advice, but at the time he had a good reputation, many pictures/recommendations from other members, and was offering it to me at a good price.
i think that i was a little naive to think that all members here on DRIVER were Legit. i guess ive learned.

BTW. IRON-MIKE IS BANNNNNNED!

Old 09-07-2009, 09:13 PM
lol...sorry for my post...i like to believe there are two sides to every story. which there is at times but there are other times when you need to take care of your customers/clients....which he did not live up to

Old 09-08-2009, 03:16 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
I will share an experience, not of mine but a close friend who is to nice to say anything. He bought a set of wheels from Iron Mike I saw the add he stated barely used as new condition. Mike kept blowing him off on when they would be shipped then Mike need the rear tires for his new wheels while he was waiting for a new set of rear tires he ordered for himself. My buddy said just send the wheels it was never part of the deal for you to keep driving on the tires. So finally after about a 3 months everything finally got shipped. When they arrived the rear tires were bald I would have been scared to drive to the tire shop to get them swapped out. The wheels where filthy grime built up on them they looked trashed, so they cleaned up and the lips in the rear were horrible it looked like they polished with sand paper....far from like new. i know Mike refunded some money, i told my buddy to get a full refund and ship them back but Mike had already spent the money on a supercharger. Every time i would see one of Mikes posted it pissed me off thinking of what a scam he pulled and I wanted to say something but it wasn't my place and my buddy isn't the type of guy to make a big deal out of it. With a ton of work he has the rear lips looking decent but he addmitted that they will still have to be refinished. That is Mikes like new they need to be refinished...i would have reversed the CC charge for sure befor ethe wheels even shipped with the run around Mike kept giving him about the shipping and the tires ordeal. The purchaser may or may not add his two cents but it makes me happy to see iron Mike is Banned.

Here are the pics you can see the lips look creamy still after they were polished and clean and you can see the bald tires as well.

i have been waiting 3 months for these and they finally showed up.

20" Volk GT-C

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 09-08-2009 at 03:41 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Iron-Mike on BLAST - where is my refund?