G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Places to buy New tires (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/299046-places-buy-new-tires.html)

SxSkyLinexS 07-31-2009 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by gary c (Post 4423840)
This is all true but....they won't mount on aftermarket wheels! FAIL! And their prices aren't as good as my local shop or TireRack....why bother?
Gary

gary ...
haha he didnt say if he had aftermarket tires or not
just trying to help out!
19 oem's are the best anyways :biggthumpup:

and like another member said not every one is privileged to have a local tireshop or tirerack.

and althought it might be alittle bit more expensive they give you free balancing and alignment, i think over the longrun that should be less expensive?

SxSkyLinexS 07-31-2009 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by TechCase (Post 4438239)
Is there a difference between discounttire.com and discounttiredirect.com?

I never knew costco offered free balancing and alignment. What kind of guarantee does costco offer?

it depends what kind of tires you buy, its hard to say.

my michelin cover 75,000 miles and cover other stuff like if the tire pops etc.. you just gotta ask them.
and while you wait you can go try their samples!!:icon17:

Grevving6 07-31-2009 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by SxSkyLinexS (Post 4438556)
it depends what kind of tires you buy, its hard to say.

my michelin cover 75,000 miles and cover other stuff like if the tire pops etc.. you just gotta ask them.
and while you wait you can go try their samples!!:icon17:

Do you drive a G35? To get 75,000 miles on G35 tires is really hard, some members here cant even get 12,000 on their rears.

What is your secret to getting such high mileage from them?

SxSkyLinexS 07-31-2009 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Grevving6 (Post 4438560)
Do you drive a G35? To get 75,000 miles on G35 tires is really hard, some members here cant even get 12,000 on their rears.

What is your secret to getting such high mileage from them?

Costco covers 75,000 miles on your tires as a warranty, sorry for the misunderstanding. Basically if anything happens to your tires before 75,000 and its not YOUR fault, like someone slashed your tires etc.. then theyll replace it or make you pay a difference depending on the situation

Grevving6 07-31-2009 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by SxSkyLinexS (Post 4438572)
Costco covers 75,000 miles on your tires as a warranty, sorry for the misunderstanding. Basically if anything happens to your tires before 75,000 and its not YOUR fault, like someone slashed your tires etc.. then theyll replace it or make you pay a difference depending on the situation

So that means our cars are covered for sure:). Is that the road hazard warranty? How much extra is the plan?

Do they offer free balancing? Rotations?

SxSkyLinexS 07-31-2009 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Grevving6 (Post 4438759)
So that means our cars are covered for sure:). Is that the road hazard warranty? How much extra is the plan?

i posted it on the first page

Originally Posted by SxSkyLinexS (Post 4423065)
do costco, got my michelins from there. they give you free balancing , free rotations, alignment, and they also guarantee ur tires.

Ditchdrinker 07-31-2009 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by EncoreCestMoi (Post 4438460)
discounttiredirect.com has the best prices, free shipping and no tax. Buy them online then take them to their brick and motor stores america's tire and they will install and give you free rotations and tire repairs for the life of the tires. Really the best deal around. They take care of their customers very well. Been buying tires this way for 10 years.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is it possible to fit four tires in a G35?

SxSkyLinexS 07-31-2009 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ditchdrinker (Post 4438822)
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is it possible to fit four tires in a G35?

yeah it should fit.

GboyVA 07-31-2009 08:26 AM

Michelin / Costco Warranty

Originally Posted by Grevving6 (Post 4438759)

I ordered 4 Michelin Pilot Sport AS Plus (all seasons) from Costco online Saturday and had installed yesterday - total price $1200. There's a $70 rebate being offered on 4 Michelins right now on Costco, but you have to call them when ordering to get it, becuase the computer can't fathom our cars have 2 different tire sizes and does not think your ordering a set.

$1200 still seems high, but that includes Costco's road hazard. Tirerack price with road hazard, shipping and factoring $100 for local install would be $1300 - Disount only carried more the more expensive Michelin models.

Michelin offers a 45,000 mile prorated on tire wear warranty, but another poster pointed out the tread wear has to be even and probably won't be with feathering issues - so it could be up to the mood & discretion of your service advisor to honor. But the 500 UTQG rating on the tire (as opposed to the 140 on the Potanza OEM's) should get you more than double the tread life - my second set of Bridgestone's only went 23,000 miles which was 4,000 more than the first set.

Anyhow I've heard bad things about Cosco being bad service - but was pleasantly surprised yesterday & well taken care of. They even want me to come back in today for a "torque check" on the lug nuts. The tires going into work this morning on the beltway in DC were great - steering so precise and taking the 25 corner on the onramp at 50 (will try 60 Monday). Supposed to rain going home & looking forward to the wet traction testing!

SxSkyLinexS 07-31-2009 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by GboyVA (Post 4439006)
I ordered 4 Michelin Pilot Sport AS Plus (all seasons) from Costco online Saturday and had installed yesterday - total price $1200. There's a $70 rebate being offered on 4 Michelins right now on Costco, but you have to call them when ordering to get it, becuase the computer can't fathom our cars have 2 different tire sizes and does not think your ordering a set.

$1200 still seems high, but that includes Costco's road hazard. Tirerack price with road hazard, shipping and factoring $100 for local install would be $1300 - Disount only carried more the more expensive Michelin models.

Michelin offers a 45,000 mile prorated on tire wear warranty, but another poster pointed out the tread wear has to be even and probably won't be with feathering issues - so it could be up to the mood & discretion of your service advisor to honor. But the 500 UTQG rating on the tire (as opposed to the 140 on the Potanza OEM's) should get you more than double the tread life - my second set of Bridgestone's only went 23,000 miles which was 4,000 more than the first set.

Anyhow I've heard bad things about Cosco being bad service - but was pleasantly surprised yesterday & well taken care of. They even want me to come back in today for a "torque check" on the lug nuts. The tires going into work this morning on the beltway in DC were great - steering so precise and taking the 25 corner on the onramp at 50 (will try 60 Monday). Supposed to rain going home & looking forward to the wet traction testing!

they never fail me either :biggthumpup:and since one of the fellow guys that do my tires has a g35, when he drives it he babies it. even changes his gloves to a new set, and covers my seats extra careful etc.