G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

g coupe 4 people inside?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g coupe 4 people inside?

Hey guys, I just want to get some info from people with g coupes that actually haul more than 2 people in their coupes. I really want a coupe but I know for a fact that I will be driving some of my friends since they don't have cars yet. I currently own a 03 pathfinder and I have constantly 3+ people cruising with me and quite honestly I feel like a taxi driver sometimes. Now I know for a fact that if I get a couple I won't be driving people around but on those special occasions how is the space in the back? What are the issues? I sat in a g37 coupe in the auto show is it bigger than g35? thx in advance

Old 10-04-2009, 01:02 PM
not sure if its bigger, but in my 05 coupe my friends have complained of hitting their heads on the back window..not enough leg room, hot, basically just not a great ride in the back seat unless your smaller. but i guess your friends cant complain if your their only ride! either way i'd pick the coupe!

Old 10-04-2009, 01:04 PM
im 6ft and i have to slide down a bit to fit on the back because if your over id say around 5'9", your head will hit the rear windshield if you sit upright. its nothing unbearable though and i've had the car filled for almost an hour at a time with nobody complaining in the back. yes its small but it has more legroom than say a mustang or a 911. it might feel a bit sluggish though compared to driving alone or with one passenger. an auto will compensate but i have a 6mt and ive noticed shifting a bit later to get that extra acceleration out to compensate. id say go for it.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
As long as your friends are not line men on your HS football team they should be somewhat comfortable....for a short ride. I'd be more concerned about the reaction you'll get from the ladies you're dating rather than your buddies.... We have topics on that too....SEARCH!
Gary

Old 10-04-2009, 02:40 PM
how about the seats? I heard that they move extremely slow is it automatic ?

Old 10-04-2009, 02:45 PM
I haz hugz to givez

Received 286 Likes on 263 Posts
VERY VERY slow moving, but beats holding the button yourself...

Also, get the coupe and upgrade your friends to models they are usually smaller and you can fit more in there

Old 10-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
I drive my roommates around a good deal and here is the deal with people in backseats. So firstly my biggest complaint is that with the automatic seats, the chair takes a long time to move back and forth (I actually wish I had manual sliding seats on the passenger side). Secondly, head space is bad if the person is high 5ft or 6ft, especially with bumps. Thirdly, my car is heavy and sluggish as hell when I have 2 or more passengers which SUCKS!

but any of the comfort stuff is their problem, they can walk/bike/drive if they want to complain.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have no problem with 4 in my G - the 2 1/2 year old sits in her baby seat and the 11 year old sits on the other side......

Old 10-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I personally do not like to drive with anyone behind my drivers seat because it's too tight back there to give them adequate leg room while I'm driving with my drivers seat in a comfortable position. I am not willing to sacrifice my driving space, with the car being a 6MT(clutching gets thrown all off if you are cramped), in order to facilitate carrying a 4th person in the car... so if they're going to sit behind me, they need to be willing to deal with that.

Aside from that, there is also a major issue with headroom back there. Even people that are 5 foot 7" hit their heads on the windows. You'll be reminded that someone was sitting back there a few days later when you look in your rear view mirror and see marks on the back window where the rear passengers or passengers heads were touching it. I find it gross, so I'm always back there with the Stoners® Glass Cleaner scrubbing that rear window anytime there are marks on it from a back seat passenger.

Our seats are annoying too, because they don't always go back to their original position after letting a passenger in or out of the back seat. I hate having to readjust my drivers seat, and I'd prefer to just always leave it in the exact same spot.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I went on a 6 hour trip with 4 people in the car.. No complaints at all from the people in the back.. They actually slept comfortably.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Took my '04 cp on a 16 hr trip-2 six foot guys traded driving/back seat & had no problems. Plenty of leg room, head room fair to partly cloudy. Didn't hit their heads on the window, tho. The automatic seat isnt a problem if you are like me & constantly using it putting in & removing stuff from the back. Becomes normal. Was a pain resetting everything at first, but no longer. Can the SUV & go for some style! Don't know about the G37s, sorry

Old 10-04-2009, 06:34 PM
for me, i just hate how the seats just fall back but doesnt slide forward on my AT. that just makes the people getting out dirty the seats and wear out the seats with their shoes making contact with it every time ;[

Old 10-04-2009, 06:56 PM
G35 6MT
Honestly, the first thought to come into my head was -- why is the OP choosing a car based on what his FRIENDS need/want? So my first piece of advice is to get the kind of car that YOU need/want. You shouldn't have to be your friends' taxi service -- and the fact that you're kind enough to give them rides means that they have no right to complain about anything!

Now, to answer your question -- I've had an assortment of people in the back seats of my Coupe, and no one has complained. It's definitely more comfortable if you're smaller, but it also accommodated a few taller (and larger) people without any issues.

And of course it's not going to drive the same with the additional weight in the car. That's just a matter of physics -- the same thing will happen in any car.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cant imagine riding in the back seat of my G. I am 210 and 5'11.

I got in the back the other day just to clean, its very uncomfortable IMO.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Why do people complain about seats moving slow? My seat takes about 3-5 secs to move. Would probably take move to move it myself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g coupe 4 people inside?