G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Towing nightmare

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Towing nightmare

Why me?

This Friday I finally got around to finishing up a set of custom sub boxes for my own car (been spending so much time building everyone elses that I havn't been able to make my own). I spend saturday dynamatting my trunk and adding a Nav override switch. Anyhow, I had the radio on for a few hours and afterwards my car wouldn't start (G I wonder why?). So I charge the battery Sunday night and off I go to work on Monday. At lunch my car won't start. I call up roadside service--figuring my battery is just toasted--and the flatbed pulls in a short time later. He wraps the winched hooks up under my wheel and starts pulling the car towards the now slanted bed of his truck. As the tires hit the ramp I can see the front bumper is maybe 1/2" to 1" from bottoming out. I say, "dude that is damn close will it make it or should I call for a different truck?" He says, "don't worry i've been doing this for 15 years". He pulls the winch some more and all of the sudden a HUGE hook--that connected the chain from the winch to the hooks near the wheel--pulls through the bumper basically (in my eyes) destroying it. I don't think the guy was paying attention because he didn't stop until I said, "WTF MAN YOU JUST DESTROYED MY BUMPER!!!!!!"

Accidents do happen but damn this is annoying.

-JustICE

Old 08-17-2004, 08:22 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Towing nightmare

Hey, look at the bright side.... now is the time to get an aftermarket bumper at almost no cost...[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

My G-enie

Old 08-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What happened after you were done beating him with his own tools?

'04 G35X Graphite/graphite, NAV, wood, premium

Old 08-17-2004, 12:46 PM

man..even I got towed this weekend while I was visiting a friend in OSU. The truck picked it up from the back alley and I didnt even get to know when the car was less than 3 feet from where I was sleeping..(I was sleeping next to the window and it was parellel to the house)...Now I dont know how the car faired since I couldnt make out any damanges(it was lifted from the back). I just hope it doesnt do anything..I can hear some very slight noises(like the window seal squeeking slightly only if the car goes from a bump)..I am just worried..I babied my car so much and thats what happens anyhow what can we do..I was really pissed off at the towing company..I freaking cursed them right left and center..anyhow what can I do..I just hope it doesnt do anything...but next time I will pay more attention when parking in/around a campus..

btw sorry for your loss, but like someone said..look at the bright side..a nice after market bumper for free

btw who will pay for it, insurance or the towing company?

L8r

Old 08-17-2004, 03:26 PM

that sucks..
Every tow guy I have ever dealt with always states "been doing this for xx years" yada yada...
They are liable so you shouldnt have a problem collecting...

Old 08-19-2004, 10:19 PM

Yeah the tow truck co is going to pay for it. $691 is the quote I got. I guess this is one way to get rid of the little chips I had in my bumper.

-JustICE