G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

will you let dealer wash your G ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2004 | 11:36 PM
|
will you let dealer wash your G ?

went to do the service today .. and again .. forget to mention that i dont need a car wash... but now all swirl mark.. anyone know how dealer wash our car ??

Old 08-17-2004 | 11:54 PM
G SQUAD
Re: will you let dealer wash your G ?

I don't know about your dealership, but when I brought my IS300 to the dealership I went to the back to see where they washed it and low and behold, it was the same type of car wash you go and get smacked by those dirty rubber things going back and forth. Ever since then I've been traumatized and always ask them to not wash the car. I almost fainted that day...

John

Picked up: 08/14/04
'04 DG Coupe 6mt / Graphite Interior
Premium Pkg. with Navigation
Splash Guards, Trunk mat

Old 08-17-2004 | 11:55 PM

never

Old 08-17-2004 | 11:56 PM

would i let a dealer wash my car? Not just no, but HELL NO.

Old 08-18-2004 | 12:19 AM

No F'in way. I've seen my dealer hand wash a car and the guy didn't rinse his towel out once. By the second or third panel, the car was dry and that towel was probably doing it's best impression of 2000 grain sandpaper.

The only person that touches my car is me. 2 bucket method and 1 or 2 wipes on each side of my wool mitt before rinsing.

Old 08-18-2004 | 12:24 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH

Hmmmmm I must admit I do a better detailing job...One of my first jobs back when I was 18 god that was a long time ago...I was a "valet @ san francisco BMW"...The "master detailer" at the time taught me everything from washing the car properly...buffing...waxing...clearcoating...inter ior protection..etc etc etc...I had the dealer applied the clearcoating and interior protection on my G knowing i'd keep her forver...Everytime I bring the car and the service dept. if they don't have the permaplating done...it's just a quick wash...The car always has water spots...Brake dust is still on the rims..water in the doorsills..UGHHH I should've just done it...I'll be there finishing up the detail job for another good 10-15 minutes and inspecting every part of the car for knicks or scratches before I take of...

So to answer your question...NO NO NO not anymore. I'll tell them don't worry about it.

bobs

Old 08-18-2004 | 12:25 AM

No. My I30 they can touch, G no way.

Old 08-18-2004 | 12:38 AM

" No. My I30 they can touch, G no way."

Same here

F.Y.A.

Old 08-18-2004 | 12:55 AM

I forgot , and there were surface scratches an haze all over. Zaino/Menzerna cleared most of them up, thank goodness.

I made a laminated sign I keep in the car "Do NOT Wash This Car." Worked the last time I had service...service mgr almost flipped when he saw the dirty car was "finished".

<font color=blue>"..you're the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men"</font color=blue>
------
Craig Ramseur
G35C/5AT/BlkOb/Graphite/17"
PhxGold/Focal/AudioControlEQ/Basslink
Z-Xtreme Grounds/Z-Tube&PopCharger

Old 08-18-2004 | 12:55 AM

neva, ever.... In fact I always make it a point to not have it washed..

04 6MTc BLK/BLK
Ztube/PopCharger | Smoked Tails
Tint | R/T Cats | Injen Exhaust
Stillen Facia/Skirts | Veilside Rear
D.S Grille | Gialla Spoiler

Old 08-18-2004 | 01:08 AM

Mine is in the shop right now. I had the guy put a sign on it "NO WASH".

-JustICE

Old 08-18-2004 | 06:24 AM

I have a laminated sign that I keep in my trunk. I also have a ziplock bag of zip ties that I string over my steering wheel and through 4 holes in the sign. The sign is wordy, lengthy, but very direct and to the point...

It says...

PLEASE <font color=red>DO NOT:</font color=red>

<font color=blue>WASH
VACUUM
WAX
AUTO BUTLER</font color=blue>

OR IN ANY WAY ATTEMPT TO COSMETICALLY
ENHANCE THE APPEARANCE OF THIS VEHICLE.

ALSO, PLEASE <font color=red>DO NOT</font color=red> ALLOW ANY <font color=red>HARM</font color=red> TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING…

<font color=blue>PAINT</font color=blue> (NO SCRATCHES)
<font color=blue>CLEAR COAT</font color=blue> (NO SWIRLS)
<font color=blue>WHEELS</font color=blue> (NO CURBING)
<font color=blue>RIMS</font color=blue> (NO CURBING OR SCRATCHING WITH AIR TOOLS)
<font color=blue>CALIPERS</font color=blue> (NO SCRATCHING)
<font color=blue>LEATHER</font color=blue> (OR ANY PART OF THE INTERIOR)

…WHILE PERFORMING ANY TYPE OF SERVICE ON MY VEHICLE. YOUR CARE AND ATTENTION TO THESE REQUESTS ARE BOTH <font color=red>EXPECTED</font color=red> AND <font color=red>GREATLY APPRECIATED</font color=red> .

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
my name here (OWNER)

...So far it has worked perfectly!!! And if you ever forget to bring a pocket knife with you to the dealership to remove the sign before you drive home, there is a small plastic container with scissors in it inside the first aid kit.

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 08-18-2004 | 07:05 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

I made the mistake of letting the dealer wash my car only once (my first oil change). That was the first and last time. They left me a nice complimentary double scratch on the front driver-side quarter panel. [img]/w3timages/icons/mad.gif[/img]

My G-enie

Old 08-18-2004 | 10:04 AM

I went 11,000 miles without the dealer washing my car, by insisting that they do not do so. My service rep writes in very big, bold letters on the work order "DO NOT WASH". He even asked me the first time why I wouldn't let them ("we hand wash it", he states) I told them that if they can take 2 hours to wash it, then they might come close to how well I wash it, but I still doubt it. Well they finally couldn't resist on my last oil change and did the worst job imaginable. They even attempted to clean the inside of the windows and now I have big ugly smudge streaks on the rear window (well not since I cleaned them as soon as I got home last week). They missed spots, left brake dust streaked and smeared all over the wheels and slopped tire shine all over it. The worst part is, I think they may have been trying to cover up the scratches they made on my lug nut holes and the chip they took out of my Brembo caliper while looking into my squealing brakes. Obviously, I was not very happy leaving the dealer this last time and they certainly heard about it!

'04 G35C / 6MT / DP / Graphite / Prem / Aero / Pedals / Clears

Old 08-18-2004 | 10:15 AM

Despite my repeated attempts of telling them NOT TO WASH MY CAR, they did! It was written on the service order too!!! I told them so many times the last time, the service guy remembered! Before I even sat down he was like...."Don't wash the car right!" Despite this, they still washed, I mean BRILLO'ed my car! What ham n' eggers they are! Disgusting! Scratches and haze all over!

I think the sign is a great idea. I am just worried that they may be a$$holes and do it on purpose or treat me baby poorly b/c I was **** enough to put a sign in the car! Has anyone had issues with is?

<font color=blue>2003 6MT Black Coupe: Premium Pkg. w/ Aero:
20% tint all around: Aluminum Pedals: Clear Corners: Z Tube w/ K&N drop in: Stillen Black Chrome Lower Valance:More to come:
</font color=blue>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: will you let dealer wash your G ?