G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G survives unscathed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G survives unscathed

I was casually driving home from work today, minding my own business. I was on a 4 lane road doing approx 40mph. there were cars in front of me all lanes and also behind me. I was in the 2nd lane to the right, there are usually cars parked randomly in the far right lane. All of a sudden I hear an engine roaring to my right (big old v8 chevy malabu or impala) and also notice a van parked in the far right lane about 1 car length in front of me. I immediately thought what the hell are you doing ? as I looked over she started to veer into my lane right towards the side of me. I had to think quick hit the break and get rear ended, hit the brakes and have her side swipe me, or cut into the left lane and hit someone else. I turned away and nailed it to the floor, at the same time you could hear the roar of the G at WOT, you could also hear the extremely painfull loud sound of crunching metal, she ended up slamming the back of the van. As I looked in my rear view already 500+ feet away I could see debris flying everywhere and the car rolling to a stop in the lane I was in. she may have also hit another car that was behind me and also may have gotten rear ended Im not sure. No other cars were coming through where the accident happened. As I drove away I just could not believe what just happened ? Did she not see the van untill the last minute ? if so why not brake ? was she that stupid to think she was going to make it ? There was simply no room for her to gun it and make it in front of me. I do feel bad but I'm also glad that I made it without a scratch, when needed the G's quick pick up got me out of there. Accidents happen so quick I didnt see any alternative. I dont know what would you guys have done.

Old 08-20-2004, 01:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: G survives unscathed

Reminds me of what happened to my wife a few months ago. My wife was minding her own business on the freeway interchange. She noticed a bmw approaching at a very high rate of speed coming from behind. My wife had no-where to go, as she was already going 65/70 in a 60, and there were other cars in front and to the sides. Keep in mind, they didn't even get to the actual freeway merge yet. Anyways, the bmw wants to get on the other freeway, so proceeds to veer left over onto the white cross hatched triangle, in attempt to beat everybody onto the other freeway on the left. My wife was thinking, "WTF?!", because there was a disabled vehicle parked in the white cross-hatch but 50 ft ahead. The parked car went careening across all 4 lanes of the freeway, slamming into the center divider about 100ft ahead. The bmw skidded sideways off the freeway into the ditch. Meanwhile, all the witnesses were showered with all sorts of debris. Being the good samaritan, my wife pulls over to see if the guy is ok. Surprisingly, he walked out of his car, and said he didn't see the parked car. My wife called me, and I was all ticked, and was trying to get my wife to get insurance information from the guy to pay for all the damage from the flying debris. My wife didn't want to, but a few other people pulled over and were ready to kick the guy's **** for showering their cars in debris. I feel bad for the owner of the parked car though. Apprently he ran out of gas, and was walking back to his car with a gas can about a mile ahead.

But in response to what would I have done in your situation? When I first got my G, I was minding my own business in the left lane of the freeway. Traffic was at a standstill. I've been at a stand still for over a minute. Just as traffic started to move, I heard loud tire screeching, and saw a pickup truck approaching very fast. Within a few instants, I checked my side, and floored it, and got in the next lane, just as the truck lightly bumped the car that was in front of me.